Cover image for United Airlines

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

United Airlines Interview Questions

Updated 3 Feb 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,484 of over 3.5K interviews

Campus Recruiting3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in Nov 2022

Interview

*Completely New Process* First you should know that there are United Airlines employees disguised as candidates. I am unsure if it is FAs or HR reps. But they are surveillance posing as FA candidates. They participate in group activities and sit with you at the tables. I "made" two of them because their acting skills were not that strong. There is always someone watching and listening. The Process 1.) When you arrive in the lobby they come and take up 10 people at a time to the 12th floor. They will first chexk ID. An HR person is there with a clipboard. 2.) You will be assigned a base and given a United Airlines lanyard. 3.) The base you are assigned is your group. They have a table for your group with the base name on the table. 4.) There is a Presentation. Then you break out into a group chat. You talk to another FA and your group about your story of "How Good Leads the Way". 5.) There are activities. A.) One is trying to prioritize the importance of issues going wrong on a plane. Everyone is given a slip (11 slips total? 10 slots) with an issue. The FAs (2) are watching as you and your group communicate to prioritize each issue. Once you figured it out the first 10 issues, the FAs give you another issue. Now you have to prioritize that issue and take out an issue......a few of the slips are Pilot needs an FA, Person having a medical issue, passenger worried about bags, passengers worried about pet in cargo, passenger with baby needs an FA, passenger needs water for medication, Child in the exit row, seating issue, etc. Hopefully you have idea of how the decision can be tough. Once you are done. Back to the room where the bases are located. Also know as the crew room. B.) Reach test and Jumpseat , there are Two HR representative here. C.) The uniform room, this is where you just look around and ask questions about the uniform. Hold it up to you and stand in the mirror to see how you look in the uniform. D.) The Room with all United's products. There is safety equipment, facts, the cart (already set up). Again you are just looking around and get a feel of everything. There is a sign saying you are under surveillance while in this room. E.) Simulation Video: You are one on one with an FA. They are watching how you respond to situations you are presented with. The first situation is an FA asking you to assist a passenger because he has his hands full making drinks. You have to talk to the screen ask if you are talking to the FA. Tips: (Smile and be happy about helping) . Another situation is a passenger would like to get off the aircraft during a diversion. So he can try to drive to his event. Tips: (Be empathic, graceful, and humble) Tell him you apologize for the division, inform him you will let the gate agent know about his situation or you can tell him the captain said we are not deplanning. And if there is a possibility he could deplane there isn't a guarantee that his checked bags will be retrieved at this time. Rephrase it your own way and have a warm tone when speaking to the "blank screen." as know as the passenger. You are also asked to read announcements during this simulation. You are given a lot information and then you have to fill in the blank. Example: The Captain didn't give you a time for the next update. Are you going to make up a time or just say momentarily or soon in replacement of the time. Or maybe skip that part since there isn't a time. That choice is up to you. There are candidates who tried each one and got a CTO. Again they are looking at your smile and body language when you come across an issue. 6.) In between these activities, you are in the "crew room" you can write out cards for children at the hospital, talk to other candidates, QR codes are in the room , have your cell phone with you to check them out. 7.) Once everything is done your group is thanked and you are told you will receive call within 24-48 hours. If you don't get a call in 24 hours there is a strong chance you have a tbnk email coming. More Information: They say bring ID. The HR representative did review your ID. Also they say bring be a resume. Many people who had CTOs did not bring a resume. It was forgotten. They didn't check or ask for the Resumes. I hope this helps. I don't plan to apply to this Airlines again but I am sure if this is where you want to be you will get the CTO! Just happy my experience, and time given to them wasn't wasted. P.S. There is a place to Store your Rollaboard and they have water and snacks.

Interview Questions
  • A time you want Above and Beyond for a customer? Why United Airlines? Describe a tike you had to work with a difficult person? Describe a time you had a difficult situation and rhe process of how you handle it?
    4 Answers
37 people found this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

The interview was virtual. It’s was a great experience, they asked me a few scenario questions. I was able to ask the interviewer questions about the company as well. The interview length was about 45 mins

Interview Questions
  • Describe an experience where you had to work with someone you didn’t know?
1 person found this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Not stressful, it was very organized and efficient with getting a response back to you. They get back to you fairly quickly and you meet interesting people along the way during the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Austin, TX)

Interview

Interview took too long and was a waste of time. Waited over an hour to get wait listed for the station i want. Practical portion was easy and interview was easy

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Met with multiple people; 3 rounds. Expected you to respond to a case scenario. Needed to discuss why I would be a good fit to the culture and for the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Initial screening that lead to 3 rounds of interviews which covered the topics of game design, product management, business development, user experience design and finally game production. The process was quick, to the point and clear

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Slow. Took several weeks to get a call back. Trying calling multiple times and would never get a call back. I also emailed multiple times and would never receive a response.

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

Great experience with united for raml agent position . The whole process took long but it was essential for them. It seems like good company to work.The training , salary, travel benefits were the main incentives that motivated me to apply for the job and go through all process

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation when you took a decision and saved someone

United Airlines

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines in Jan 2023

Interview

1)First video interview (record your self ) mostly here is for the company to get to know you! 2) 1:1 videocall with a recruiter , STAR method questions and couple to get to know How you feel about being away for training and why United 3) F2F : most amazing experience and super fun ! So a few years back I tried to work for this same company but unfortunately didn’t make it , and I got as far as F2F in Houston but interview was complete different before was a little more devasting ! . This time It was super different , chill , no actual 1:1 , It was mostly group activities and as well reading some announcements but no more STAR questions ! . They are not giving CTO on the spot as they used to , all groups got through interview no body left before anyone and no one got any offer in that moment , few friends I made there and I got our call just the next morning after interview (they do work on weekends !) Best tip is to have fun and smile , they mostly want to see How you work in team and How you get along with people you don’t know !!!

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

United Airlines

Application

I interviewed at United Airlines

Interview

It was very hard. It was very Intimidating and challenging. There was room for mistakes. But if you really want it you can get it. You need to be prepared and Study questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,484 Interviews

United Airlines Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at United Airlines as 86.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.57 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Human Resources and Flight Attendant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Flight and Human Resources roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at United Airlines takes an average of 87 days when considering 13 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Flight had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Flight Attendant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 108 days).

Common stages of the interview process at United Airlines according to 13 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.08%