United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at United Airlines

3,039 Interview Reviews

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very structured. I applied online and within a week I received an invitation to complete an OnDemand interview via HireVue. Suggestions for HireVue: Be in a well-lit area. My suggestion is to use as much natural lighting as possible. Be well-dressed. Research the company and see how the flight attendants dress for the particular company, and emulate that! The HireVue questions were behavioral questions. Everything I read on GlassDoor has been accurate! Within 4 days, I received an email inviting me to Newark, NJ for a Face-to-Face interview. I was beyond excited! When you call, the booking department will ask you the closest airport. I told her mine, and the flight is free, but please be aware you are usually not a "must-ride" passenger in instances like this. My case, I get to my closest airport with plenty of time to spare. The plane begins boarding. I board the plane and am in my seat. A gentleman from United walks on the plane and calls my name and says the flight is overbooked and I had to get off. I take my carry-on and exit the plane. I was a little stressed at this point. I go inside and wait for the counter to clear so I could talk to the desk agent, and they said the next flight leaves at 10pm (which I would have gotten to Newark at 11 ish), or you can go to another nearby airport and the plane departs in two hours! For a moment, I began to panic thinking I am never going to make it. I was not extremely familiar with the DC Metro stations, nor the other airport. However, I thought to myself, this is all part of the interview...staying cool, calm, and collected during a crisis! I managed to hustle through the DC Metro stops and navigate around. Got to my other airport and through security with about 10 minutes to spare! At this point, I was joking around the gate agent because of the mental meltdown I was having haha! I get on the plane and fly to Newark. Check-in to my hotel. The morning of the interview! Newark is an extremely busy airport! Give yourself plenty of time to get the gate pass and get through security--you do NOT want to be late. I was there a little after 7 and was seated with fellow interviewees by 8 (luckily)! Get to know your fellow applicants! Everyone is nervous, everyone is going through the same thing. Talk, be jolly, and have fun. It helps ease the nerves. Exactly at 9 am, the Inflight Recruiters came to get us! We went to the United building and were checked in. We were all briefed on United and they called the first 6 for interviews. While the others are in the interview, talk and be jolly with the other applicants. Take your mind to a less stressful place, but review some questions and answers in your head, too! My name was called, and I was nervous! The lady who did my one-on-one interview was nice, genuine. The interview was by far the best experience I have ever had! This one took about 45 minutes and it was basic behavioral questions, if/then questions, and we reviewed my resume. We were finished and we walk to the hall (I assumed I was finished), she said, I actually want my colleagues to meet you, so I am going to put you in this room with a few other applicants. I felt good! Talked to the few others in the room with me and they slowly leaving for the second interview. My name was called again and the ladies were nice and genuine again. I went to a very small room with them and they asked me basically the same questions. They said they had to step out and review a few things on my resume and they would be back. I sat in the room and about 5 minutes later, they walked through the door and said, "after reviewing you resume and answers, we have enough information to offer you the job today." Of course, I accepted the offer! The offer is contingent on drug, vision, and hearing tests, as well as passing the training! I leave for training August 30! They took me to the clinic onsite and I completed my drug, hearing, and vision tests!

Some good things to remember: SMILE, POSTURE, CONFIDENCE, RESEARCH THE COMPANY, PRACTICE QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS! Browse through this site and read the questions other people were asked--it helped me tremendously! Research the company! Know the company! They want someone who can be invested into the company! Be confident!

Good luck! It was an incredible experience and I cannot wait to begin my new life in the air!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I did horrible on the video interview. It is extremely challenging to talk to a computer and not to a live person. I received the email to do the video interview on June 7th. I did the video interview on June 8th. We are now June 10th and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm just in limbo right now. I would like to know either way. Just wondering if anyone has done a video interview lately and heard back. Thanks

Interview Questions

• I don't remember all the interview question   66 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

Interview was held via webcam, where you are given prompts and have to answer within 30 seconds. The process was difficult for me, not being able to return to re-shoot my answers. You get one chance to nail it, and that's it.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think you would be a great flight attendant?"   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

behavioral screening with the manager, then 3 different interviews: 1 math test, 1 mini case, 1 behavioral. Math test was basic and they don't weight it that much, the case was mostly identifying different costs and how it would impact the P&L.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

Applied online. Completed a personality test immediately after, about 3 weeks later I was emailed for a video interview, but only had a few days to complete. After was called for in person interview-STAR format. Writing prompt.

Ramp Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

The interview was in a small room. Just me and the United employee. It was clear and to the point. The interviewer made me feel at ease. It took about 25 minutes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Very easy, quick process. Great interview questions. I felt very at ease during the 1 on 1 interview and was able to answer the questions given without hesitation.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in my past job to enhance safe practices?   2 Answers

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Absolute joke of an interview process.

Applied online and took assessment. Month later, recruiter reaches out. His email had grammar and spelling errors. Tells me to pick a time so I do. No follow up info whatsoever. Day comes and I do the phone interview. It wasn't with the recruiter but a manager - that would've been nice to know.

Then, someone else reaches out to tell me I have to do an excel case study. Okay cool. Do that and send that back.

Then, a couple weeks later, they tell me I've made it to the next round in Chicago. Recruiter's canned email says to let him know asap if I need transportation (flight) there. So I do. Then radio silence.

After multiple emails I at least hear something back. I'm supposed to be there on a Friday and as of Wednesday, I still have no idea when I'm supposed to fly out. Radio silence again.

Long story short - interview gets rescheduled lol. After finally extracting flight info out of recruiter I head to Chicago.

Not the end though - I then have to extract info out of him regarding my hotel, reimbursement, where exactly I'm supposed to go, who I'll be meeting, etc. He gives me all this vital info less than 12 hours before the interview.

The actual interview process was okay. Only qualm is the case questions. They preface it with "oh there's no right answer" (aka making it seem like a case question you would get for consulting) and then proceed to ask me what is essentially just a simple math question. But because I'm thinking they're actually asking me a legit question, I go deep and ask follow up questions, etc.

Then he gives me the answer and all he wanted was literally a damn multiplication answer.

Interview Questions

• Case questions that they make seem as if it's going to be an actual case but in reality it's just a math word problem   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I applied, followed by the assessment, then got an invite for a Video Interview. You are given a time frame to complete the video portion, so complete is as soon as possible. Allotted time to answer is three minutes, I was able to re-record my responses

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied online. A day later I received an email for an On-Demand Video Interview. Took the video interview today. Currently waiting to hear back. Hoping to hear back by the end of this month at the very latest.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.