Ulta Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Ulta Beauty

1,362 Interview Reviews

2.1

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Very brief. I was interviewed with one other person. We were asked questions about ourselves mostly. The hiring manager seemed very eager to hire as they approached me in the store for hire.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Most employees do a in person interview, but since I was away at school looking for a summer position, they were able to do a phone interview. It was the general manager and another manager on the line.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I wanted to work at Ulta, my retail experience, how I would handle a specific situation (lots of these)   Answer Question

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

phone screen with recruiter, practical test on live model, written skills test, in person interview with store GM then back to recruiter for offer process. Overall it was a very easy interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

The process was with the general manager and district manager. It took a long time to hear back but the process was easy as long as you are aware of the policies and values that ulta has

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to collaborate with another group and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewa Beach, HI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Ewa Beach, HI (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The recruiter Suna Sullivan contacted me. We set a date for interview in her calendar. 20 minutes before interview she canceled then sent another message informing me to disregard the cancelation and addressed me by the wrong name. She rushed me during interview and was condescending. Does she know that interviewees are customers?? She was very unprofessional- I’ll pass on working there and shopping with Ulta- I’ll stick to Sephora. Her skills need improvement. I have over 20 years in high volume retail.

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Ulta does a group interview. Mine had 5 people and a manager interviewing us. The interview was short, only around 5-10 questions. It was fairly easy. The order for answering the questions was random & different for each question so each applicant had a chance to answer first.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

It was quick and simple. Sometimes with more than one person in the room. Just be friendly, show how you relate well with others. Be confident. Be yourself. They are looking for pleasurable people.

Salon Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

Easy and comfortable. I received a phone call to come in. You answer a series of pre-determined questions. Team building seems important. If you pass this interview you will be called back for a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you didn't meet your goals.   1 Answer

Beauty Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview

quick and easy, ask about customer service, strength and weakness. be prepared and professional. dont necessarily need to be good at makeup, you could be good at skincare or perfume, whatever your passion is, make sure to do your research, theyll ask scenerio questions about what would you do in certain situations, also theyll ask your availability so have that prepared

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2020.

Interview

The recruiter and District Manager were very professional. They are looking for managers that embrace Ulta’s core values.
    They are also very clear on what their goals are as a company but that you also have to be very open to change.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.