Tim Hortons Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated 6 Nov 2018

1.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Amherst, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty basic. Asked questions about availability, history. Nothing too difficult.With the amount of turnover in fast-food, it seems they were looking for someone reliable and competent. My advise would be simple: be on time, don't be radical (please no crazy piercings or face tattoos) and asking about drug testing...not cool. If you can't pass, don't apply.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneseo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Geneseo, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was structured, but informal. It took place at the store during the middle of the day when there weren't many customers. The interviewer was polite and personable, and had a set of questions prepared for the interview.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with a down interview. Took place in one of their cafes. Regular by the book interview. They checked my references so being prepared helped. Whole process took two weeks.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Livonia, MI (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewing was fairly straight forward. I submitted a resume to the General Manager, and was given an impromptu interview. I was then contacted by the franchise owner for a 2nd interview. The questions were fairly generic, mostly about customer service, problem solving and past experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, mostly "How would you handle X situation?" and "Give an example of when you display X quality".   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2014.

Interview

They go over a sheet of generalized questions based on your online application. One on one interview with a manager then store manager on 2 different days. Usually takes 3 weeks to start there

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Troy, MI (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to another location for my interview and was told I was being hired on the spot. I applied and was called back for my interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cashier experience?   1 Answer

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Lancaster, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

15 min interview and hired on the spot. It was a very simple interview and not much too it. However now a days the interviewees have to go through a two step process. They interview with one of the management team and then they have to interview with the district manager. They drag they interview out for weeks not instead of a few days

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call to schedule interview, or online application. Scheduled interview over the phone came in 3 days later. Interview was simple, a lot of tell me about yourself questions. What values you have to contribute to the team. Most of the interview was overall questions about your availability, if you have transportation, why did you leave your last job, and if you have any questions about the job itself. Got the job on the spot and you get your next weeks schedule.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Canton, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online last week to the tim hortons in Detroit and the Tim Hortons in Canton call me this week 03/09/15 for a interview for the following day I accepted the interview date and time which was 2:30pm. Once I got there they did not have any customers inside. It was quiet that made it perfect for me. I was about 30 mins early for the interview. So I sat in the dining area for a few minutes the cashier brought me a application to fill out as I was filling the application out the manager came out I shook her hand and thanked her for taking the time to give me the interview because it is hard trying to find a job. She understood the questions were easy common what would you do questions. She gave me the job immediately she put me on the schedule for four days start told me what to wear. For those planning a interview with tim hortons stay calm at all times. I wore a button up shirt and dress pants with heels. Alway smile. And be humble.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Tim Hortons ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer was complaining that they have the wrong order?   1 Answer
    • What would do if a customer came in upset?   1 Answer

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

just be nice and bring your birth certificate and all paper work requested by them when they called u for the interview. and when your interview is done, say thank you for ur consideration ,also be professional.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.