TNTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

TNTP Interview Questions

Interviews at TNTP

3.5

Leadership Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

resume, cover letter, phone screen, manager phone interview, phone interview with the hiring manager's manager, in person interview on site with client; took about 2 months from beginning to end

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you needed to change someone's mind.   1 Answer

Leadership Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP (Memphis, TN (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview had several stages that included a screening interview, sample tasks, several phone interviews and an in person interview on site. The process took about one month start to finish and involved conversations and presentations with several different people.

Staff Position Interview

Application

I interviewed at TNTP in May 2013.

Interview

strong communication and assistance from HR-end; actual phone interview with manager was awful; not personable at all; acted like I was wasting their time from the minute the phone call started; asked very ambiguous questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TNTP in April 2013.

Interview

The application process was lengthy. It began with a sample task, then a series of phone interviews - one focused on the sample task and then one focused more on previous experiences. The next step was an in-person interview. I'm not certain how many more steps there would be after the in-person interview, or if the in-person interview would be one-on-one or with a panel.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were about the sample task - definitely be prepared to explain and justify every step you took.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted within a week or so and given an assignment to complete (analyze the data in a spreadsheet and write a one page memo). After that there were 3 phone interviews and then an in person interview in New York, with about 1-2 weeks between each interview. The initial interview focused on how I had completed the assignment and later rounds focused on behavioral questions, particular pertaining to the virtual organization culture.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were working on a project with an upcoming deadline and your school contact has not provided you with the necessary data and is not responding to messages?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several steps. The HR associate reached out to me via email to set everything up. HR was very friendly and professional, but I got "passed off" to several different associates throughout my interview process which felt a little impersonal.

The first component of the interview process was an analysis project, which older data from around 2007 was used. Two datasets were used; a survey and a larger dataset on teacher retention and movement around the district. Questions ranged from generic questions that demonstrate your ability to pull, filter, and manipulate data and do some very basic calculations to more creative and sophisticated questions that require you not only to manipulate data, but demonstrate how you did it and why you made those choices. A final component of the project required writing a one-page memo explaining analytical findings in layman's terms. Overall, the project was consistent with my day to day work but did take some considerable free time. You will be asked how long it took you to complete the analysis, so be sure to track yourself.

My first phone interview reviewed the analysis. Most of the questions were methodological -- how would you analyze this, explain how you did that, and so forth. I was asked in greater detail about my research projects at work. The interviewer clearly had a quant research background and applied a heavy level of scrutiny on methodology. His questions seemed to be rapid-fire, and he didn't come off as warm. Even as a person who is used to others being skeptical of research projects, I was caught a little off-guard and my confidence in explaining projects really took a hit from this lack of warmth.

I made it to a third round that consisted of phone interview two. The interviewer was the project manager for one of TNTP's school districts. She was much warmer, much friendlier, and we conversed about the challenges of communicating data to school districts and our experiences with consulting in these kinds of environments. The project manager said at the end of the interview that she would refer me on, but I later got an email stating they went with another candidate, which was a bummer.

The entire process lasted a few weeks, with each interview about a week apart from one another.

Interview Questions

• Just expect to explain your methodological reasoning throughout the process, and don't get caught off guard if they don't seem very warm.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview opportunity for the analyst position. Though I was very busy these days, I scheduled my time for the interview and prepared for it for a night. Then just half an hour before the interview, they cancelled it and told me they don't want this position any more.

If they've made any decisions, they should tell me earlier, not just before the interview. I felt they are very disrespectful to people and probably only wanted to test their recruitment system. Anyway, I will never apply this company again.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in March 2019.

Interview

Bait and switch. Posting was for a FT job with benefits. On the screening call they asked if I would consider a contract position. Then followed up with an offer for a temp position, and were unable to afford the equivalent contractor rate required to meet the minimum salary + benefits package they offer FT employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to be considered for an independent contractor position if the full time position were not available?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (New Orleans, LA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

The New Teacher Project has you do a very long interview process. First, you have to send in your resume and your cover letter. Then, if they like your resume and cover letter they ask you to do a project. Then, if they like your project, they'll schedule a phone interview. If they like your phone interview they'll ask you to do a 1:1 interview.

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in February 2014.

Interview

About two weeks after submitting application, I received an invite to complete an assignment. There was no indication about how long they thought it would take but it took me four full days - probably 40-50 hours. I don't see how you could do a good job putting in fewer than 20 hours and thats if you knew powerpoint and excel thoroughly. But I liked the project and had the time to put into it so I found it helpful but overkill. There are other projects that could have been designed to get the same result without taking up a ridiculous amount of time and potentially leaving candidates to feel bitter and annoyed. After turning in the assignment, I received an invite for a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview went okay - pretty standard questions. About four days later I received an update letting me know the hiring committee was still working on next steps and shortly after that I was told that they found a candidate who fit their needs better but encouraged me to apply for other open positions and that they would be back in touch if the same position reopened. Overall, TNTP is very professional, courteous, and great at communicating with candidates to keep them updated. It def made me more interested in pursuing opportunities with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• Descrive a time when you wanted a different result than your boss, how did you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.