Subsea 7 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Subsea 7

2.8

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward with the Cost Control manager - understood all processes and monthly report out process. Upper Management was very keen on Monthly report outs for projects.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand accruals and to perform variance analysis on monthly reconcilations   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subsea 7.

Interview

It took two months covering to rounds of interviews and an preliminary evaluation with an third-party HR company. It was clear and up to the current job description up to the end.

Interview Questions

• (1) Which are your expectations for the role?   Answer Question
    • 2) What did I know about the company?   1 Answer
    • (3) Describe myself as professional?   1 Answer
    • (4) Which are my weakness? and my strongest points?   1 Answer
    • 5) Why should they hire me?   1 Answer

Vessel Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Casual sit down between stake holders in department. Project Manager and BUL were the interviewers. Interview was in the PM's office. Most of the interview was an explanation of what the company needed and my experience in accomplishing it.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with minimizing costs and how did it affect quality of service.   1 Answer

Senior Logistic Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

It was not an interview process, they hired me on the spot

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Had interview with one of the technical managers of the company. Asked some basic questions on Pipes, NDT and Materials for subsea application. Asked about various materials to be used for subsea applications.
    Asked about salary requirements, current salary etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Where do you see yourself five years from now?
      Where do you see yourself ten years from now and why?
      If your current company counters our offer by offering you better, will you still join us?   1 Answer

Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I interviewed in Houston. The H.R. personnel were very accommodating, however, the management personnel who interviewed me were extremely lacking in their command of the English language. One was very arrogant, and used "in-house" anachronyms and formula nicknames which were very esoteric to Subsea7, and not well known in the industry.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember, but it related to the Subsea7 definition of Earned Value - because Subsea&'s cost are mostly from in-house equipment and vessel rentals. They even charge customers for their own demurrage.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

As an engineering student I was interested in the oil and gas industry, but getting through to the big companies always poses a big challenge. So the initial contact was made through somebody I knew in the company, who then asked me for my CV and cover letter. After sending them my information I received an email from an engineering manager that asked me to come to the office for a series of interviews.

I had a series of 3 interviews, all of which weren't very difficult, just getting to know more about me and what was on my CV. They asked about previous work experience and where I saw myself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated when I would start and finish. Flexible scheduling.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2020.

Interview

Process was straight forward and aligned. HR personnel coordinating the process managed everything pretty well. Interview lasted for exactly the time it was scheduled for and the interviewer was very friendly and to the point. Overall, it was a great experience.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subsea 7 (Paris (France)) in December 2019.

Interview

Firstly, you have to do the application on the recruiting side and then the as usual the HR and the manager will review the applications and choose the suitable candidates. Next, you will have to answer a form to state your requests and personal details.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Subsea 7.

Interview

Very friendly and relaxed environment. Wanted to know me as an individual and how I would fit into the company. After the interview was finished, gave me a short tour of the company. It is a very good company to work for, you will be amidst experts. There is a lovely restaurant and relaxed work environment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.