Smartsheet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Smartsheet

2.9

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I did two phone screens, first with a recruiter and then with the hiring manager. It was followed with an all day interview loop where I had to do a presentation to about 8 people and then one-on-one interviews with various employees. Questions were typical ones that are asked to designers. What impressed me the most was how organized the whole hiring process was. The recruiter was prompt to respond and very helpful. I was given very thorough information on how my interview loop was going to unfold and given linkedin profiles for each person I was going to meet.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle feedback that you don't agree with?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

Coding challenge followed by an entire afternoon of onsite loops with whiteboarding. Very nice people, morale pretty high across teams as far as I could tell. Classy office, felt very welcomed. Interviewers were transparent about things they are working on and technical challenges, gave me a good idea of what I'll be doing.

Interview Questions

• NDA, but expect Leetcode-style data structures/algorithms and system design questions of varying complexity.   2 Answers

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet.

Interview

It dealt with a phone conversation with the recruiter, then a conversation with the manager the position would be reporting to, and then a full day interview with team members, managers, and the executives. Everyone was friendly, for the most part. When it was time to talk about the offer, when the salary negotiation began, they became very silent for awhile, only to revoke the verbal offer and state they offered to another candidate that interviewed after I had.

Interview Questions

• How would you test the website with 2 hours and no one available to help you   2 Answers

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter screening, HR Recruiter phone call, Google Hangout with Sales VP, then if you pass muster, you are flown to Bellevue for day long interviews with up to 7 different execs from all mojor lines of business. Final interview is with Mark Mader, CEO

Interview Questions

• Sales performance, sales philosophy. bottom up vs. top down seling   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

1 Hour initial interview, followed by a full-day round of interviews. I enjoyed meeting with the people, who seemed knowledgable and friendly. Interviewers were primarily from the team that had the position open. Also interviewed with immediate management responsible for the team.

Interview Questions

• This was for a mobile position, so most questions revolved around this. Some questions to get a sense of CS understanding, some coding questions, and a debugging problem.   1 Answer

CDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone call with Hr and then a phone call with one of the manager. Meeting on site with 4 manager, 45 min each and final interview with VP sales.
    Process was very quick and engaging.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smartsheet in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward questions. Call from initial recruiter which then turned into an in person interview with the rest of the team. I then had to interview with 4 of the managers and then they let me know within a week

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome an obstacle   1 Answer

AP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Intense but thorough and supportive process. Once it started it evolved effortlessly and fast, someone from HR was always there to answer questions and even though it was through a recruiter once I started interviewing the company was very responsive directly to me so that cut down on the anxiety as far as feedback. I ended up with two other offers and one that needed a response, when I informed my recruiter about this and the company they were very transparent as far as how seriously they were considering me.

Interview Questions

• What is important for you in your next position   2 Answers

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter and team interviews were thorough and long. The process is pretty standard with multiple on-site interviews and panel interviews, followed executive/CEO interview. Enjoyed meeting the entire team. Felt there was time to answer and ask questions, which is rare. Some of the team was certainly looking for reasons why it would not work or why I was not a fit rather than how it could work, but that is to be expected during an interview. Overall, the team was absolutely welcoming and engaging. The EVP was a challenging interview, but I felt I was able to address most of his concerns. The on-site interviews were long and arduous, but still it went well, and I am certain there was mutual agreement until I reached the CEO interview. This is where I did not fare well. It was awkward – the interview took place in an open space (kitchen area) and very close to what appeared to be the sales floor where my direct reports would be sitting. It kinda threw me for a loop because I would see people stopping and listening… eeks! It made me pretty uncomfortable, but nothing that I should not have been able to overcome. Mark (CEO, yes, that’s how cool he is…I feel like I can call him Mark) asked very tactical/executional questions about the product positioning/messaging with customers and how one would overcome objections, direct comparisons to competitive products. I was not prepared well enough as I am not that familiar with the product being from the outside. However, I felt that I should have done a better job. They were pretty basic sales tactics. Anyway, posting this so the next person can do well – know the product and competitive products inside and out. You can tell that it’s a great team – highly intelligent, highly motivated, and highly engaged with amazing culture. No question why this is one of the best companies to work for. My advice to anyone reading is – GO GET IT – put yourself out there – be prepared, over prepared, and go work for this company. Don't do your last interview on a Friday at 2pm! Much respect and admiration for the entire team. Best of luck Smartsheet! I'll be watching you guys!!
    1 phone interview (recruiter), 1 on-site (2 hiring managers), 1 on-site (5 interviews (peers, managers, cross functional groups)), then 1 on-site w/ CEO

Interview Questions

• How would you address an under-performing employee? How quickly would you make a decision about the fit?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I initially contacted Smart sheet about an internship in security during the fall, I kept asking for more details until the spring, where I was given a phone interview with the head of Security Operations. It was mostly a conversational style interview, with a focus on various aspects of security.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.