Smartsheet Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Find jobs for Customer Success Manager

Smartsheet Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Smartsheet

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter in standard phone screen. Appeared the recruiter was filling out a checklist and wanted candidates to only fit into a specific “box.” Additionally, most questions were related to current role vs. taking previous roles into consideration. Understand the need to match core skills/assess culture fit, but do feel Smartsheet may be missing out on quality candidates with lack of flexibility/creativity in evaluating talent initially.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Smartsheet

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

Interview

Applied for a remote position (remote is important, stay tuned) was asked to schedule a time for an interview. Noticed the recruiter had hundreds of interviews scheduled. Was asked, as part of the interview, to download a demo of Smartsheets. Noticed you had to have a business email to do so. Was then contacted twice by a salesperson to purchase Smartsheets. Felt it was a bit of a set up to advertised this great remote job, get people from all over the country to download a demo with a business email, the try to sell them the product.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Having interviewed with this company a few years and having a negative experience with the hiring manager, I figured the culture would've grown and improved. I was contacted for this position and spoke to a recruiter and a hiring manager, and they disappeared for 3+ weeks. I was emailed asking if I was still interested and that someone new was taking over the hiring. I spoke to the new hiring manager and was told he'd like me to come in and meet the team and do a presentation. After never hearing back, I received an email today that they are hiring internally. Another waste of time with Smartsheet for a role that pays too low compared to industry standards.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a difficult customer situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Interview

Only did a first round, but the interviewer was almost 10 minutes late to the call and then basically grilled me on my work history, never got to the role. The interview ended early (with only 20 minutes for the entire call because they were late) at the salary requirements. It sounded like she was reading from a template, and the tone of the interview was not pleasant.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Initial HR screen where salary and industry experience is discussed. Next interview with your future Team Manager where they explain the role to you. If you get past the manager there is a remote product demonstration where you mock present a solution using Smartsheet to a team of 3 people with the job you're interviewing for. If you pass through that they bring you in for face to face interviews. 4 rounds, half an hour a piece for a two hour back to back experience. A long process but great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked cross departmentally to provide a solution to a customer.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen, video chat with hiring manager, 30-minute presentation via web for CSM team. For the 30 minute presentation, I was given a vague prompt to solve a business problem for a fictional current client pretending I was already in the role. It was difficult as I had never used the Smartsheet solution and felt as though the technical skill was heavily weighted. Instant negative and positive feedback was given immediately by the team (appx. 7 people) which was very unexpected. The presentation took a huge amount of time. A good learning experience but found it difficult to impress the team and answer the technical questions as I had only been self-taught. The recruitment process was great but I waited over a week to hear back after the presentation.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet in June 2018.

Interview

I was referred in by a friend who had interviewed at Smartsheet. I spoke to an internal recruiter first. Second interview was a video meeting with the hiring manager and then they had me out together a solution in Smartsheet based on a customer scenario. Last round was a series of interviews in the Bellevue HQ with one interview being a mini whiteboard session on how I would create a solution for a customer. The process was very thorough and everyone was in constant communication the whole time. It was a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• How would you solve this problem for a customer? How do you manager your time? How would you prioritize your book of business?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed first with a recruiter, which was fantastic. He was incredibly responsive and transparent through the whole process. Next came a meeting with the hiring manager, a solution-build and demo interview with a panel, then an in-person interview with several members of the department.

Everything happened extremely fast which made the several interview rounds not opnly bearable but exciting. I liked being in the office for the in-person interview and seeing how the team interacted with one another. You could really tell that the whole Customer Success Team respects one another and works as a team in their work.

Interview Questions

• A customer had this problem "..." Here is a marker, now draw out how you would solve this.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an invitation for a screen interview 3 days later. It was a very bizarre conversation. HR person: so, what are your duties right now at XYZ company. Me: I am unemployed, I took a break to take care of my newborn and now I am ready to go back to work. HR: hm, I did not pay attention to the dates, sorry. We will call you back.
    And then a day later I received an email stating that they moved on with a different candidate.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Smartsheet (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was standard but challenging . The initial conversation with a member of their Recruiting team progressed to the Hiring Manager interview. From there if you impress, you are asked to solve a business problem via an exercise that presents an innovation efficiency exercise back to the team via a separate meeting. If all goes well there, you move to the final onsite loop which consists of 5-7 additional interviews.

All of the interviewers were engaged and pleasant throughout the process. Where Smartsheet disappoints is failing to close the loop and provide notification of the hiring outcome. While it's not uncommon for companies to lack communication, Smartsheet has a particular communication breakdown in that they are completely unresponsive even after several attempts at following up. Additionally, even in light of extreme circumstance (extenuating circumstances traveling to the Bellevue WA office at the candidate's expense), there is an inherent lack of communication in updating outcome status.

Extremely disappointing for a company with a seemingly good reputation in the SaaS space and a product that I love to use.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to put together an innovation exercise based on a problem statement and present that back to the panel? It requires knowledge of innovation and use of their proprietary software. Time to complete is up to the candidate but it is encouraged to complete as soon as possible.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.