Quandoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Quandoo Interview Questions

Interviews at Quandoo

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germany, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quandoo (Germany, GA (US)).

Interview

First I had HR interview for 30 mins. Mostly going through my resume and 5 technical questions at the end. After receiving positive feedback and I need to do an assignment making an app for one week.

Two days after submitting the assignment, I got a rejection mail.
    It wasn’t bad experience but wasted some time to do.

Interview Questions

• What is thread safe? What is difference between array and linkedlist?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quandoo (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied this position online, and received a phone interview just 1 day later. Just some easy questions going through my background, and I was notified I would have another interview on the same day.

Interview Questions

• All questions are pretty straightforward and easy indeed. Just relax and show the interviewer you've got all it takes to be a BD Manager and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Test Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quandoo.

Interview

Initial Skype call took place just under two weeks of submitting application via their site.

The next step was to create a project following a set of tests, reports, and a an explanation of the stack used, methodology, and uploading it into GitHub. Considering project set up always takes a bit of time in itself, this took several hours to complete. Having done this, I received a note saying that I would hear back from them within 2 weeks. A little after 4 weeks I received a similar note saying that the position has been filled.

Where the exercise did serve as additional practice for me, I do wish Quandoo and other companies doing this might consider doing this a little differently. I understand why they do it, but this was literally several hours I could have invested researching other companies. Perhaps you should consider giving someone some packaged source code to go off of at first, or delay this exercise until a candidate is further along in the process.

Interview Questions

• Easy, typical questions (background, compensation, start date, etc.).   Answer Question

Contract Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chemnitz, Sachsen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Quandoo (Chemnitz, Sachsen (Germany)).

Interview

It went smooth and the interviewer explains all the needed stuffs for the work, but they needed a candidate with mandatory internship.it was a phone call interview. it helped me a lot to learn about the interview glassdoor.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quandoo (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2018.

Interview

1 Call with HR.
    HR read info about company and a project at a very high speed. Quite unusual but informative enough :-)
    2 Test project.
    Very small coding task to clean dirty code and implement trivial functionality.
    This activity had 2 major issues:
    - You need to create an account in GitLab, fork some repo, make it private (not trivial in GitLab at all) and prepare SSH key for interviewer to verify it (also non trivial in GitLab assuming its UI doesn't correspond to common sense and its own documentation).
    All these points don't relate to task itself and looks very fun. Delivering an archive with local version of Git repo (repo in GitHub or any other straightforward way) is enough to provide the same end result but without redundant activities in GitLab.
    HR is adamant on following a standard process even after hearing a better alternative.
    - One of the points in a task is confusing. It contradicts to itself.
    I asked HR for clarification and suggested one of many possible interpretations of the task as an example - the best possible behaviour you can expect from a developer before starting the work on a task :-)
    She replied that it's your job to understand the task and your understanding is part of this task. It's a nonsense for both test project and real life.
    If the task is not clear, you need to clarify it until it becomes clear before starting an actual work. Otherwise you will deliver rework that is a sign of bad quality.

I said good bye at this moment.

All these small issues in the beginning is a good sign that the company consists of such issues everywhere.
    It's very great to identify this in the beginning when you didn't spend lots of time on it.

Interview Questions

• general HR stuff like your salary expectations, notice period, what you know about us   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quandoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Really simple and easy. The whole process took around 1 week for the phone interview, face to face interview to being hired. It's hardly an interview its more of a conversation, talking about your experience and discussing your experience. Then you meet someone from the operations team and you can ask them questions. That is pretty much it.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quandoo (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I had a call a few days after I submitted my application for this role. I never heard from them again until a month later. My guess is they couldn't find their ideal candidate and had to resort to going through the not-so-ideal pile. I received the second call on a public holiday, and wasn't very keen about it anymore but I went for the interview anyway. The person on the line asked about a portfolio, to which I replied that I don't have one.

On the day of the interview, I arrived 15-20 minutes early at the office.

Was told previously on the phone that I will be interviewed by two people, but there was only one present during my interview, who did not even prepare my resume. He basically sat me at the pantry table, empty-handed. Don't recall if I was asked any questions because it started with the interviewer telling me what the company is actually looking for in the candidate. Then he requested for a portfolio, a second time. To which I replied with the same response, no portfolio, but I do have one that's not related to the role I was interviewing for. He declined to look at it.

Needless to say, the entire experience from the moment I set foot through the door until I set foot out again took only 15 minutes. I ended exactly at 2pm, which is the time of my appointment. Felt that it was too short, especially when I took almost 1h20mins to get there.

Other things I noted while I was there:

When I walked through the door, the employees were crowding near the entrance. They stared right at me when I made my way up the stairs. I was told to wait at the sofa, so I did. In the middle of the narrow aisle, was an electric scooter that was carelessly left unattended by one of the employees. It's like an accident waiting to happen.

The office is really really small. As a result, I could hear them talking about me from the sofa area. The clothes do not define you (they were wearing casual), but your behaviour does. It indirectly reflects badly on the company, whether you did it by accident or not. That kinda threw me off, and I lost whatever interest (and respect) I had left for the role and the company.

Interview Questions

Quandoo Response

22 Aug 2016

Hi there,

We are sorry that the interview did not turn out as pleasant as you would like it to be. We take your feedback seriously and have spoken to the Recruiter for this position. Quandoo is a... More

Internship Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quandoo in July 2015.

Interview

It was a phone call after I was contacted over a business network. The interview was friendly and welcoming, I was asked a couple of questions about my knowledge and education, then I was told about the tasks of the position.
    Summed up the call was short and precise, my interviewer got straight to the point and we quickly came to an agreement. I liked it.

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quandoo (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

Had a casual chat with HR and after that I didn’t get any response for more than two weeks. Followed up with an email and got reply that they wanted to continue the process and invited me for a personal interview. Conversation stoped when we were scheduling the interview. After a week HR replied with a few time slots and we agreed with an interview date. HR canceled the interview one day before saying they had to put it on hold to clarify the need of design team. A rejection email came a week later with “ can’t process your application”.
    Thank you for such a dramatic experience.

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quandoo (Berlin (Germany)) in October 2018.

Interview

I had an HR interview for about 20 mins, it was a pretty good conversation and gave me a good overview of the company. After receiving a positive feedback, I was given a design task to know more about my design process. I spent around 16 hours to work on it.

One week after submitting my design task, I got a positive feedback and invited to go for 2 hours and 30 minutes team interview. I was interviewed by the Head of Design, Head of Product, Design Team and the Chief of Product Officer. They asked a lot of technical questions especially on how to handle design problems and they asked as well for the output/result of different products that I've managed. I didn't saw the HR during the on-site interview so I emailed her that it was nice meeting the whole team and I am looking forward to her next update. After a couple of days waiting, the HR didn't reply so I emailed again to ask for a feedback/update regarding my application.

One week after, they sent me an email that they've chosen another candidate which has more experience on a similar product.

A little unprofessional to just never respond to emails especially to queries/updates. I think that if you ask a candidate to do a level of work for free, you owe them a little feedback or at least a personal response.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.