Pinterest Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Pinterest Interview Questions

Interviews at Pinterest

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I submitted a resume, about 2 weeks later I was contacted via email, and we set up a time for a video call. After the video call, they sent out emails to let candidates know if they got the internship position or not

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite feature on Pinterest?   1 Answer

Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pinterest.

Interview

Typical interview process with recruiter, hiring manager phone screen, then a few in-person interviews. It was very disappointing that after all of the time I spent interviewing, I was never told of a final decision. Even after asking for a definitive yes/no, I kept getting vague responses that they were still considering candidates but I was still in play. Months later, they still never gave me the courtesy of telling me they moved forward with another candidate. I've never had a company completely ghost after this many interviews.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions   1 Answer

Diversity Talent Lead Interview

Interview

Recruiter phone screen was friendly and professional. General questions about my background and shared expected responsibilities of the role. The next call was with the Head of Talent who was late to the call and did not apologize. My experience with the head of talent felt less authentic - in addition to being late to the call, they kept the call to 20 minutes, which is typically what happens when one deems someone unqualified. I get it as someone in the talent acquisition space, but there are higher expectations when you are speaking to someone at the Head of Talent level - this quality was not delivered and quite a turn off speaking with them. They asked me 2 questions and the rest of the conversation was spent exploiting former D&I talent at Pinterest. Sharing the names, singing their contributions and why they left to do entrepreneurial projects was an exploitive move common to some companies who tout D&I - really just paying lip service to the public. It felt like the Head of Talent was making themselves seem "woke" by associating themselves with these former D&I members. Advice to Pinterest Talent team, consider removing high level interviewers, who are not a POC, from any roles that are D&I related

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

1. coding challenge
    2. technical (leetcode medium) + behavioral interview
    3. technical interview leetcode hard

passed all test cases, thought I did well, but it was very late into the process when I did my interviews, so they might've filled up the spots, but I was rejected in the end.

SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied through Pinterest's website. Had a quick exploratory phone interview (~20 mins) about two weeks after initial interview with HR. It was followed by a full 1-hour phone coding interview (another two weeks) -- received instant positive feedback at the end ("super nice") -- but never heard from them again. I'm guessing this has something to do with the shelter-in-place order issued a week later?

Interview Questions

• medium level coding questions -- basic DS and counting...   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Pretty immediate reach-out from hiring manager since applying, couple phone calls, and then an onsite interview with a large pool of interviewers. Couple follow-up calls, then offer.

Pros
    - well-prepared interviewers
    - I was also prepped well before each interview stages
    - really thorough interview panel/structure

Cons
    - may be almost too thorough; compared to other companies, interviewed with far more people

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current company?   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest.

Interview

You’ll be asked questions from leetcode.

Fair overall. The interviewer won’t give you test cases and does a minimal job of walking you though the question in comparison to other tech companies I’ve interviewed with.

They put a lot of the clarification setting on you

Not to knock it. But I think candidates should come in prepared for the interview, knowing that you are sort of on your own and will get some help from time to time. But you are driving the session. Make sure to really make sure your interviewer is looking at the screen and giving you signal to proceed. I wrote a test case the returned the wrong output and wasn’t redirected until I wrote part of my function.

Wish the interviewer was more present to correct this as we thought through the test case.

Interview Questions

• Do the leetcode questions dispersed around the Internet for pinterest. There are 60 or so   1 Answer

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Interview

first round is online assessment which is about coding and algorithms. second round is phone interview, asking about writing sql, statistics and probability, ab testing details, data processing and analyzing using python or r

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pinterest in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. After I submitted my application online, I got an email follow up in less than 2 weeks. However, my call with the recruiter was not the best. She got onto the phone and I could tell she was off. She was speaking really fast and it felt like she was rushing me off of the phone, even though she mentioned a few times that my experience was in line with what they were looking for. Overall, our conversation lasted 15 minutes and I only had time for one question. Not sure if it is the high volume of applicants or she really wasn't honest about my experience, but it definitely turn me off from the company.

Interview Questions

• What interested most about the company?   1 Answer

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pinterest (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Got in through referral from a great person I used to work with at a prior company. Had an initial phone screen with recruiter and then a phone screen with hiring manager. Was not invited on-site and was given a form rejection. Am 100% certain I didn't say anything in the phone screen that would disqualify me from a skills perspective, as I literally hold the same title at a similar company currently. It must have been a fit issue with the HM, but am disappointed that I was not able to come on-site if that was the case as a referral. Form rejection added insult to injury, telling me they went with someone with skills more relevant to the role. Again, I literally hold the same title somewhere else. You can pass on any candidate for any reason you want, but this pass left me relieved ultimately upon further reflection.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of your career?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.