Ping Identity Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Ping Identity

3.1

GRC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ping Identity (Denver, CO (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Shortlisted for a CCAT exam which is an aptitude test and it's easy to pass with a small preparation. The next round is phone interview with one of the recruiters.

Security Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ping Identity (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Spoke with a technical recruiter. Very good conversation where it felt like he actually learned about who I am rather than reviewing a checklist of experiences. He was also very good further about describing the role, the team, who the position reports to and goals they have within department.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied and received a form email asking me to complete a recorded assessment. No other contact was made. I take this as fairly insulting at this point in my career. This also says a lot about the culture here and it doesn't seem good. Applying for a job should be a conversation not an interrogation.

I'm not going to take unpaid time to complete an assessment when we haven't even had an initial conversation about the position. If this company is focused on finding robots instead of humans to hire then I guess they have the right focus.

Interview Questions

• Complete the assessment while we watch you.   3 Answers

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ping Identity (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

a phone call, in person with some algorithm problems. study cracking the coding interview and you will be fine. they asked the kangaroo problem that's common on leetcode. it wasn't too hard.

Interview Questions

• nothing crazy. they actually said they picked randomly from cracking the coding interview. I think they did the kangaroo step problem. it's standard stuff. the behavior questions are all pretty normal too.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ping Identity (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

1. Met an engineer during a school career fair. Be prepared to answer questions about Java and general OOP. If you do well you have a good chance at getting a call back for next steps
    2. Take a test that evaluates your logical reasoning
    3. A single video screen with an engineer over your resume, with a few behavioral and technical questions thrown in
    4. An onsite with product managers and engineers. About 5 interviewers, with whiteboarding, resume reviews, and behavioral and technical questions
    5. They take about 3-5 business days to make a decision

Interview Questions

• They use Java heavily, so be familiar with Java details, especially good practices, multithreading, and common bugs/mistakes   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Never spoke to a recruiter. They send you a generic invitation to take 2 tests that they want access to record you. No contact information of an HR rep if you have any questions. I’m not be recorded by some random people so it’s not happening. What a terrible process.

Interview Questions

• Take these tests and let us have access to your camera.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ping Identity.

Interview

I applied online for a sales position. I received a form letter asking me to take a personality and cognitive test. This was a major red flag. It's a lazy way for HR to make decisions and hide behind standardized testing as justifications for the results of the new hires. I can't imagine that any stellar salesperson would pursue this approach. My advice is to adapt the Amazon model. Get a unanimous agreement of a panel of current employees. Then quantitatively measure the performance of the new hire against the individuals on the panel. The result is DATA to measure of your employees ability to correctly select new hires.

Interview Questions

• We'd like you to invest your valuable time into standardized testing without giving you any other insight into the company. And the form letter we sent you doesn't even have the ability to 'reply'. Cool?   1 Answer

Applications Security Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Contacted to do a cognitive test. Test took about 30 min was pretty easy with a little prep. Then had a behavioral and a interview with hiring manager. Was sent a project to work on. Presented project onsite. Contacted about two weeks later about decision.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Basic infosec background questions.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ping Identity (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was first contacted about the position by their corporate recruiter who told me about the job. I applied online, and the recruiter emailed me to set up a time to do a phone screen. Then, I had to do a pre-employment aptitude test that had absolutely nothing to do with the position. I was then given an editing test, and after waiting about a week and a half, the recruiter said they were pursuing other candidates despite the position still being open to this day.

Interview Questions

• What is the shape that comes next in the sequence of circle, square, triangle, square inside of a circle?   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ping Identity.

Interview

Shortly after applying, I received a canned email asking me to complete a CCAT test in which I was to video myself while taking the assessment. There was no other communication prior to this and no response to my reply. Ultimately I decided not to pursue further. If their hiring process is this impersonal, I can only imagine what working there is like.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.