Ping Identity Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Ping Identity Interview Questions

Interviews at Ping Identity

3.2

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ping Identity.

Interview

Shortly after applying I took a cognitive test (ccat) and personality test that was video recorded. Afterwards I had a phone interview and was scheduled for a video interview after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ping Identity in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through online and got an immediate response for the initial phone interview.
    The questions were mostly about my background and skills and some behavioral questions. The interviewer answered all my questions and clearly explained their interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online, then received a personality assessment and IQ test.

A few days after completing those, I got a call from a recruiter for the standard initial phone screen.

Next, I had a phone screen with a developer. This was not an algorithm style interview, he just asked me some questions about React, JavaScript, Java, and a little CSS here and there.

Finally, the last step was an on-site interview. I met with 6 people with various job titles, but they were all developers. We talked about my resume, did some coding challenges, and had some more trivia-esque questions. Everyone was INCREDIBLY friendly, I've interviewed at places like Microsoft and Amazon where they sink their teeth in and want you to fail, but everyone here was genuinely interested in seeing if I was a good fit. They gave me plenty of time for questions at the end and made me feel very comfortable the entire day.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ping Identity (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

First contact was with a recruiter and some variation of the HR questions we've probably all come across. Next, which is different than a significant number of other companies, was the IQ-ish test. If things progress, then a technical phone interview. And after that, a day of in person interviews. Mixed with technical questions and personality/fit questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ping Identity (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Was emailed over a cognitive and behavioral test that took about 30 minutes to complete. The test wasn't difficult but I guess they didn't like how I only finished 34/50. Idk. =/ Lousy hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Displayed a collection of shapes and asked which one doesn't belong; this was one of the 50 questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ping Identity in March 2017.

Interview

Strange little company. A day after applying online, I received an email from their recruiter congratulating me on "making it to the next step in our hiring process", accompanied by their request for me to take a cognitive and personality assessment online, under video surveillance. I replied and asked them for a phone call first to hear more about the role. No one responded.

Waste.Of.Time.

Interview Questions

• Before we talk to you about anything, can you please take this 30 minute personality assessment we use to alienate our job candidates?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ping Identity in November 2018.

Interview

1. Submit the application
    2. Received an email regarding Assessments. These are two separate assessments, one for personality and another is for IQ I think. IQ part was timed, so don't spend too much time on one questions.
    3. Received a personalized email from Amanda regarding a phone interview . Now that is something that you don't see nowadays. Normally, it's just an automatic email following a template.
    4. Talked to Amanda and scheduled another meeting with the "Product Owner".
    5. Talked to the Product Owner, didn't go too well since they're all about multi-threading programming and I have never dealt with anything more than Volatile variable and synchronized block.
    The guy was concerning about me having a part time job as Adjunct Instructor AND working full time. If he looked at my resume, he would've know that I had a full time job as a Java Developer AND taking 6 credits of graduate level math class AND working as a TA at my university all at the same time with a promotion and graduated with 4.0 GPA. Now I'll let you judge my ability to multi-task and time management. I'm measuring my work as how much I get done, not by how much time I spent on it. Sadly, people still associate work with time.
    He was also concerning about my career change. My background is completely in Mathematics. I was able to create a working and fully functional Facial Detection and Recognition using Matlab in less than 2 months for my research project with no programming knowledge prior. I also picked up Java while working at entry level at a big company. Have been working as Java developer for the last 3 years, I have no idea why he think I might switch my career back to mathematics.
    6. Received and submitted a programming assignment regarding MULTITHREAD.
    7. Got a personalized rejection email from Amanda.

I appreciate how much time they allocated to the HR so they can have the time to write a personalized email. Not many companies would do that nowadays. The HR representative was quick and thoughtful. Very painless and efficient interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problem while pursuing a teaching career at a Community College while working a full time job?   1 Answer
    • Are you planning on changing your career back to Mathematics?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ping Identity (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

First there was an Hr interview- on site. I was told about the company, the product and the social life of the company. If you pass it, you continue to a technical interview. I was asked many questions to figure out my personality. Most of the questions are listed below.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current working place?   Answer Question
    • What would your recommendors say about you?   Answer Question
    • who are you?   Answer Question
    • tell what you know about a singleton in a multithreaded enviromnent. implement it. Double check.   Answer Question
    • implement hashmap put and get. explain what hashmap is and how it's implemented   Answer Question
    • 4 threads that run simultaneously and change a global x variable. they all have to increment x 5 times. x is initialized to 0. what is the min and max values for x?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ping Identity in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very long interview process, starting with a phone interview, online personality and aptitude test, then another aptitude test via Skype, then 2 phone interviews, and one in person interview. I found out after the whole interview process that this company brings in a lot of people for interviews without actually offering the position to qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that required input from people at different levels in the organization.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ping Identity (Denver, CO (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and thorough. I did 2 phone interviews within a few days of each other, first with HR and then with the manager I would be working under. The following week I had an in-person interview and talked with the whole team and everyone made me feel very welcome! It was a very casual and friendly interview, then we took a tour of the office and they explained to me the benefits and day to day work and the changes that the company was going through. They were very detailed and transparent which made me feel like it was an honest company and staff to work for! Definitely one of the more enjoyable interviews I had since moving to Denver last month.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I was looking for in my job and what other skills I brought to the table outside of the general job description.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.