Oil and Natural Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Oil and Natural Gas Interview Questions

Interviews at Oil and Natural Gas

AEE Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates, and making a hire.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

No Interview. I was an intern for two months and attained this position by employee referal. No Interview. I was an intern for two months and attained this position by employee referal.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

It's a two step process. First a written test then interview if selected. In the written test they asked about general knowledge or current affairs and technical questions related to specific discipline. During the interview they asked to talk about myself, education background, projects done, few job related questions.

Interview Questions

• State-of-the-art techniques regarding petroleum geology   2 Answers

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

Asked a few question about the company, why i want to intern at the company

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas in July 2011.

Interview

No interview process. Only people recommended by ONGC employees are hired. It is not recommended when you have more chances of getting else where. Not much beneficial to Computer Science students. A long time project at ONGC or a Co-op is more beneficial. The people who guide you are great to work with and explain you things in detail. On the other side no housing or pay is provided to Interns.

Negotiation

There was none

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas.

Interview

Personal round interview by a panel of around 7 people relating to Techincal and HR . Before that certificate verification was done. Questions related to technical and HR were asked during the interview and went on for around 25minutes.

AEE(Drilling) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (Pune City (India)) in December 2019.

Interview

First hr then technical
    Hr is easy only family background and why are you interested and technical related to course. Question arises from internships, projects and field of interest. Panel try to pressurize by asking you same questions again and trying to make you doubt your answer.

Interview Questions

• Well Control Methods.
       Types of bits
      well killing methods
      types of directional drilling   Answer Question

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (New Delhi (India)) in August 2019.

Interview

They first have a orientation, followed by document verification and then interview is done afterwards. The whole process is lengthy and hectic and it will drain out whole energy within you and 20 percent of candidates are rejected on the document verification step itself.

AEE(P) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (New Delhi (India)) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied through GATE score, got shortlisted, called for interview, documents verification and then interview, at scope minar, delhi. General question from petroleum engineering were asked like gas lift, type of drilling fluid, well activation, de waxing, various ministers.

Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oil and Natural Gas (New Delhi (India)) in June 2019.

Interview

The panel consist of 6 members and all of them seem highly experienced. Out of them two are from HR leading the group and rest are from technical background. The interview was around for 15 minutes. You are provided with papers and pencil. Depending on the requirement they give u a paper that has some questions. All of them are having a look at your application online.

Interview Questions

• Q1:Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Q2:Related to my college and the founder.   Answer Question
    • Q3. Handed me a paper that has a question to design the rating of a transformer depending on the given loads that have to be connected and types of starters required for those loads.   Answer Question
    • Q4. Asked about PLCs (I mentioned about them in the application)   Answer Question
    • Q5. What is an IC and what is a thyristor and can thyristors be designed in the form of ICs?   Answer Question
    • Q6. What have u been doing? ( I had a gap of two years since my graduation)   Answer Question
    • Q7. Tell me about your reading habit (that I mentioned in my application)   Answer Question
    • Q8. Why do u want to join ONGC?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.