News Link Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jun 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 6 interviews

1.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at News Link

News Link

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at News Link in Nov 2015

Interview

The process is a complete joke. Your interviewer, the Vice President of News Link, is a supposed "recruiter," however, you will come to find that he is unknowledgeable, socially impaired, and unqualified as a leader. Upon your opening questions, it seems like a normal interview. However, inevitability, you are asked the most cliche question, that does not gauge any aspect of the interviewee at all: where do you see yourself in 10 years? No respectable employer asks this question. One, it is a pretentious question that the interviewer already knows the answer too, two, any smart interviewee knows how to give an innocuous lie. However, this is not the tipping point. The interviewer will then ask you: why don't you interview me? Okay, fair enough, I'm applying to be a journalist. However, after that, it's just an awkward time, as the interviewer continues will silly questions not assessing any skill set or behavior of the interviewee. This is not a normal interview. This is an individual who ignores writing tests, does not read resumes, and does not understand behavioral based questions to ask potential employees. This is why anyone who has a blog is qualified to work for News Link.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 10 years.
    1 Answer
8 people found this interview helpful

News Link

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at News Link in Feb 2015

Interview

The interview process at News Link is rudimentary at best. HR guy asks really stupid questions about your hopes and dreams and goals, and is very misleading about lots of other things such as the amount of travel and workload one can expect. Training is also an afterthought here. The company has incredibly high turnover (it has been a revolving door for years, I understand) and is desperate to get people to work here and to get as much out of them before they leave for greener pastures.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at News Link (Lincoln, NE)

Interview

Skype interview. Everything went pretty fast. I'm not sure how confidential everything is because they don't have an HR person. Interviewer was straightforward and serious, can come across a bit brash.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at News Link (Lincoln, NE) in May 2014

Interview

They didn't respond to my application and when I called to check up they didn't remember my name. They eventually called me back for an interview. I think this is a ploy to make sure you're really interested. I was told they want to be somebody's dream job. They asked about how I take notes, how organized I am, and other pretty standard questions. They didn't tell me how I did until I followed up again.

5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at News Link (Lincoln, NE) in Jul 2012

Interview

My only interview was on Skype. I couldn't see the second person interviewing me due to a window backlighting them. The interview lasted 20 minutes and overall it was dysfunctional. I later learned that all interviews are done within earshot of employees for all to hear and laugh about, so that was embarrassing. News Link lacks confidentiality when it comes to these sorts of things. Other than that, it was your typical interview. I do not know if they ever called my references or did a background check. I know that I didn't do a drug test. There is a high turnover at News Link, so they're always desperate to hire people no matter your experience or background.

Interview Questions
12 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I interviewed at News Link (Lincoln, NE) in May 2012

Interview

The job interview here is a joke. Idiotic questions by the HR guy to go through the motions, not really trying to find out much about an applicant's abilities. No AP style test, writing tests whose scores don't matter, no real questions to find out things. Just something to justify hiring anyone who shows up.

Interview Questions
  • Something really stupid like, "Tell me what I want to know." (What the hell is that?)
5 people found this interview helpful