Mott MacDonald Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Mott MacDonald Interview Questions

Interviews at Mott MacDonald

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

Basic engineering interview after meeting a representative at a career fair in college. Questions were basic and checked to see if I was a student who knew the fundamentals of engineering. I made sure to use some of the background research of the company to contribute to my replies about what I would like to develop as an intern.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself performing as a potential intern at Mott Macdonald?   Answer Question

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

The interview consisted of discussing my engineering background. They asked about my engineering design experience. I contacted them to follow up on the status of my interview and never heard back from them for several weeks. Not a peep. They kept advertising for engineers on LinkedIn. When I complained about it on LinkedIn, they filed a complaint on LinkedIn and took my profile offline. If this is how they take feedback from prospective employees, I can only imagine how they treat their clients.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing to happen was when I discussed their interviews on LinkedIn. They had me banned so I have no LinkedIn account.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked to interview through a career fair. Simple interview with straight forward behavioral and general knowledge based questions. In interviewed in the Hunt Valley office. They mostly spoke about the projects and the experience I had.

Junior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

I met with two interviewers. They told me a lot about the description of the job. The asked me my experience with excel and also about my education background. The two interviewers were very informative and friendly.

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was overall a very positive experience; contacted by an HR Manager for an initial phone screening. The final process was to present to the team lead, regarding renewable energy.

Interview Questions

Mott MacDonald Response

17 May 2018 – Recruitment systems manager

Hi, thank you for the review. It seems like you’ve had a positive experience with our recruitment process and we appreciate the time you put into the interview. We’re pleased you accepted the offer... More

Senior Social Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the line manager over the phone and one which was a combination of in person and over Skype. They were very good, the second one lasted 3 hours and I had to do a 30min presentation. The flow was good, there was a constant back and forth and there was good exchange.

Interview Questions

• How would I resolve a situation with a difficult team member? Specific thematic questions.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

First interview on phone was to check the suitability for the position.Then there were two personal interviews.Very pointed towards work experience and selection was done within 3-4 days ie decision process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• During interview I told that I prepared Electrical Drawings.I carried file of my work.Looking at some drawing the Manager asked that your name is not there as preparer so I had to explain that it was prepared by me but as per company policy the prepared by is senior employees name is put.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.I was offered my expected salary on full time employee.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald.

Interview

You'll most likely be interviewed primarily by the Senior Engineer. If the Senior Engineer has what the company calls a new Associate, the new Associate is usually a Junior Level Engineer with 5-8+ years of experience. Prepare to know fundamentals but they know you are an Entry.

Interview Questions

• What is Power? What is Ohms Law? Describe Current. Describe your power background.   1 Answer

Resident Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview that is developing into an interview. The project management team was polite and friendly. Looks like it might be a good place to work for a while.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Transportation Engineer Interview

Interview

The process was very professional, Interviewers question about the position in question was accurate. They were clear about the direction of this company and the expectation of the position they're hiring for. Looking forward to becoming a part of the firm.

Interview Questions

• What special ability/power would you want and why?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.