Mollie Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Mollie

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in May 2020.

Interview

Started with a telephone interview with the recruiter. After that, I had an interview with the hiring manager. Never heard from them again. No feedback, no answer to emails, no phonecalls... Such a mess.

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2020.

Interview

The recruiter had great energy, the 1st round phone screening process lasted for 25 minutes. Unfortunately, as there was a high volume of applications. I was not selected to continue to the next round of the interview due to my big corporate prior experience although suitably qualified for the role.

They have a strong preference for individuals from a startup background or no experience.

Definitely seeking to reapply for future roles!

Sr. Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in January 2020.

Interview

4 sollicitatierondes:
    1. Gesprek (half uur) met de recruiter
    2. Gesprek (een uur) met de Country Manager
    3. Business case: How to sell Mollie + an overview of the online payments market in Belgium and where I see the biggest opportunities for Mollie
    4. Interviews at HQ in Amsterdam: presentation of business case, interview with CCO, interview with Head of Partnerships

Technical Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was positively amazed by the speed and openness of the whole application procedure. For me, the career page was already a good start to get to know the company, the team, and the core values of Mollie. The pictures and stories there are no exceptions: it's day to day business.
    Regarding the process:
    I was first invited for an informal cup of coffee, which gave a lot of freedom to ask about the roles, opportunities, and the company, in a very relaxed way.
    After this, a 'real interview' was planned. The approach was focused on when >I< was available, which made it very convenient (not like: be here at this date, this time). The mollie team adjusted their planning to mine: very cool. This second talk was more in depth on the role, but also gave me some time to prepare so was good for both sides to get to know each other a bit more.
    The third, and last round consisted of a case presentation, which I received before to prepare. Then a Q&A with the team, and lastly a sitdown with one person of the management team.
    The combination of these 3 elements gave me again a good feeling of the team, product and company. My questions were also answered honestly, and provided a solid basis for my choice.
    The personal connection and the opportunities that lie ahead made me choose for mollie without a doubt.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure to properly and personaly manage x amount of partners, while making sure the quality and process is secured?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I knew Mollie from an integration that I had to implement in a previous job. It was really simple for small/medium companies to start accepting payments, so I thought that could have smart people behind.
    I applied online through jobs page, couple of days later, a recruiter add me on LinkedIn and start the process. We did a phone call to know my motivations and then we schedule an interview onsite with 1 Lead Dev and Product Engineer. This first interview was more technical, to understand my background, but also to explain what Mollie is about and plans for the future. After that interview, they sent me an assignment to do at home. I finished in a weekend and they already scheduled the last step to talk with Head of Engineer and a Senior Developer to discuss the assignment, what could I change etc... A week later, got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What would do to deploy an ALTER TABLE with couple of millions records without locking the table?   Answer Question
    • Draw in a whiteboard a project that you've worked in the past (architecture, database relations, queues etc)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I applied via a recruiter and I interviewed at Mollie in their office in Amsterdam. The process took around 3 weeks.

- 1st Onsite Interview: The first onsite interview was with the team lead and a team-member.
    They went through my experience and asked me to go in a bit more detail what I did, the problems I faced, and how I solved them. They also asked more technical questions, but it felt more like a normal conversation than an interview.

- 2nd Onsite Interview: a senior engineer and the CTO. They explained a bit of the evolution of the infrastructure at mollie, and some reasoning behind their choices. They also asked some technical questions and some personal ones, but it felt more like a casual conversation as well.

Interview Questions

• Can you please give me examples on how you debuted a production system?   Answer Question
    • How would you setup setup an infrastructure and why?   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2019.

Interview

Started with a nice contact from the recruiter (Tomas). Very friendly contact and follow up at every step of the way. Needless to say that I felt really encouraged and felt the enthusiasm that working at Mollie brings.
    Secondly, I had a short call with my manager followed a few days later by a video call with 2 people. A week later I was invited in Amsterdam for a half a day & lunch at Mollie HQ. Overall nice experience, with lots of feedback and honesty on both sides. One of the best interview process I've had the chance to experience! :)

Interview Questions

• How would you organize your first day at Mollie, what would you do?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied one times to have a call with their recruitment and he did not give me any feedback. After I asked he said he was in holiday but the company got investment that why they stopped to look for a senior developer.
    Another time, they opened a new position for backend and I applied again, I got a call invite but I asked some questions about their process but i did not get any response then they sent to me another email about I was not matching for the role :) I think their recruiter has some confusing and not working carefully.

Marketing Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2019.

Interview

After applying online for the job I got an email from the recruiter to arrange a first phone call. The phone call was the first nice surprise for me, because it was a very friendly and open talk and I felt I could be myself. I was invited to an interview in person the next day after. Finding the place was easy and I received a warm welcome. I had the interview with the Marketing Manager and one other Designer. The role was just being born and we talked about what it would involve and how I could make the most of it based on my experience. The talk took about an hour and it felt really honest. Casual, but professional. Had a nice follow-up chat with the recruiter after and when I walked out I knew I wanted to get the job. After almost 2 weeks I received an update and was invited to take a test. Had a few days for this and then I got the magic call :) Overall a very pleasant experience, their friendly, relaxed attitude and honesty really made a big difference.

Interview Questions

• What would you start with on your first week in this role?   Answer Question

Talent Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2019.

Interview

I saw the job posting on LinkedIn and applied online. The process has 3 interview rounds.
    - Recruiting screen: Within a week, I received an invitation to speak with one of the recruiters for about 30 minutes by phone. It was an informal conversation where I learned more about Mollie and shared more about my previous experiences.
    - 1st Onsite Interview: The first onsite interview was with the hiring manager and a team-member. They asked me certain questions about experience, but also some behavioural questions and asked me about my ideas on how I would improve exciting processes.
    - 2nd Onsite Interview: with 2 members of the HR team. I was asked to share a bit more about myself and my experience in detail. They presented Mollie’s ideas with me, so I could have a better view on what to expect when joining.
    I received their offer the same day.

My time-to-hire was exceptional, as it only took about 10 days from the moment I applied to when I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Walk me through your resume and explain why you made your choices the way you did.
      - How would you improve the candidate experience?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.