Mollie Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Mollie

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2019.

Interview

I had 2 interview rounds for my position at Mollie: one with the hiring manager, next step to get to know my team (via hangouts). The recruiter and the hiring manager were in continuous contact with me via phone/ e-mail and always available for follow-up questions. They were really flexible with making appointments with me (late afternoon), since I was employed during the application process. Overall, they gave me a short feedback after each round, which was really nice, to better have a feeling right away how it went.
    What I really liked is, that as soon as I got the offer, employees of the company started to welcome me to the team via LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

• With what type of people do you find it easy to work, and with whom do you find it more challenging?   Answer Question
    • What inspires you personally and/ or professionally?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I applied via a recruiter and I interviewed at Mollie in their office in Amsterdam. The process took around 3 weeks.

- 1st Onsite Interview: The first onsite interview was with the team lead and a team-member.
    They went through my experience and asked me to go in a bit more detail what I did, the problems I faced, and how I solved them. They also asked more technical questions, but it felt more like a normal conversation than an interview.

- 2nd Onsite Interview: a senior engineer and the CTO. They explained a bit of the evolution of the infrastructure at mollie, and some reasoning behind their choices. They also asked some technical questions and some personal ones, but it felt more like a casual conversation as well.

Interview Questions

• Can you please give me examples on how you debuted a production system?   Answer Question
    • How would you setup setup an infrastructure and why?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

It was a flexible process, went quickly and smoothly. I got to meet with my yet-to-be team mates, and had a great conversation with them. They were genuinely interested in me, my background, and what could I add to the team.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mollie.

Interview

The first two steps of my interview process were phone interviews, both related to my motivation and knowledge of the company. Afterwards, we explicitly scheduled an exact time for a video call with members of the team, for which I prepared meticulously. However, when time came, I stayed on call for about an hour and no one contacted me. I reached out via Skype and email to the employee I had spoken to previously for clarification, and for 2 days I did not receive any reply, even though they were online on Skype. Only after writing a letter to the main company email address I received a short explanation that there was a simple misunderstanding regarding the scheduling and another interview could be had next week. Naturally, I had to refuse, as I had hoped for a more serious cause for such disregard of my time than willy-nilly haphazardness.

Talent Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2019.

Interview

I saw the job posting on LinkedIn and applied online. The process has 3 interview rounds.
    - Recruiting screen: Within a week, I received an invitation to speak with one of the recruiters for about 30 minutes by phone. It was an informal conversation where I learned more about Mollie and shared more about my previous experiences.
    - 1st Onsite Interview: The first onsite interview was with the hiring manager and a team-member. They asked me certain questions about experience, but also some behavioural questions and asked me about my ideas on how I would improve exciting processes.
    - 2nd Onsite Interview: with 2 members of the HR team. I was asked to share a bit more about myself and my experience in detail. They presented Mollie’s ideas with me, so I could have a better view on what to expect when joining.
    I received their offer the same day.

My time-to-hire was exceptional, as it only took about 10 days from the moment I applied to when I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Walk me through your resume and explain why you made your choices the way you did.
      - How would you improve the candidate experience?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

I knew Mollie from an integration that I had to implement in a previous job. It was really simple for small/medium companies to start accepting payments, so I thought that could have smart people behind.
    I applied online through jobs page, couple of days later, a recruiter add me on LinkedIn and start the process. We did a phone call to know my motivations and then we schedule an interview onsite with 1 Lead Dev and Product Engineer. This first interview was more technical, to understand my background, but also to explain what Mollie is about and plans for the future. After that interview, they sent me an assignment to do at home. I finished in a weekend and they already scheduled the last step to talk with Head of Engineer and a Senior Developer to discuss the assignment, what could I change etc... A week later, got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What would do to deploy an ALTER TABLE with couple of millions records without locking the table?   Answer Question
    • Draw in a whiteboard a project that you've worked in the past (architecture, database relations, queues etc)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2019.

Interview

I got introduced to Mollie by a recruiter who first explained to me some details of how the company is structured and how the interview would go. The whole process took around three weeks, signing of the contract included.

I was then handed a programming exercise to complete on my own time. This took me a couple of hours and it was a pretty fun challenge.

The next step consisted of a simple phone call with Mollie's HR department. This was a very easy call in which we introduced ourselves to each other and in which I got introduced a little more in detail on what Mollie does and how it does it.

At the end of this call I got invited for a the first of two on-site interviews. I sat down with one engineering team lead and one product owner and we spent most of the session getting to know each other. We went through my CV and discussed some of the points on it, then I was given a more in-depth, but still pretty high level, explanation of the engineering side of Mollie: how the engineering teams are structured, an overview of the Mollie system and how the various parts of the company inter-operate. A couple of technical questions were asked to me during this interview but we never really went too in-depth on the answers.

A couple of days later I was invited for the second and last on site interview. This second interview was focused on more technical details: I met with the Head of Development and another engineer and we discussed my technical assignment, diving deep into the code together. I was asked questions about the program I had written and we discussed together what choices I had made and why, and how would I had done it differently given different sets of constraints. It was definitely a fun exercise to perform and did not feel like I was being put under pressure but, rather, we were collaborating on solving a problem.
    At the end of the interview I was shown around the office and I met with my perspective team.

I then received an offer and proceeded with all the legalese. Note that I was asked to go through a background check due to the financial nature of Mollie.

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2019.

Interview

Started with a nice contact from the recruiter (Tomas). Very friendly contact and follow up at every step of the way. Needless to say that I felt really encouraged and felt the enthusiasm that working at Mollie brings.
    Secondly, I had a short call with my manager followed a few days later by a video call with 2 people. A week later I was invited in Amsterdam for a half a day & lunch at Mollie HQ. Overall nice experience, with lots of feedback and honesty on both sides. One of the best interview process I've had the chance to experience! :)

Interview Questions

• How would you organize your first day at Mollie, what would you do?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2018.

Interview

A couple of conversations with the founder, lead designer and a couple of drinks together with the team helped us determine whether we were a match for each other — culture-wise and skill-wise. And it worked out like a charm, after a couple of weeks I started working at a company I like to call home.

Marketing Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mollie (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2019.

Interview

After applying online for the job I got an email from the recruiter to arrange a first phone call. The phone call was the first nice surprise for me, because it was a very friendly and open talk and I felt I could be myself. I was invited to an interview in person the next day after. Finding the place was easy and I received a warm welcome. I had the interview with the Marketing Manager and one other Designer. The role was just being born and we talked about what it would involve and how I could make the most of it based on my experience. The talk took about an hour and it felt really honest. Casual, but professional. Had a nice follow-up chat with the recruiter after and when I walked out I knew I wanted to get the job. After almost 2 weeks I received an update and was invited to take a test. Had a few days for this and then I got the magic call :) Overall a very pleasant experience, their friendly, relaxed attitude and honesty really made a big difference.

Interview Questions

• What would you start with on your first week in this role?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.