Cover image for London Borough of Hackney

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

London Borough of Hackney Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 24 interviews

In Person5%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at London Borough of Hackney

London Borough of Hackney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney

Interview

- No feedback given after the interview, even aftee emailing multiple times - Old school / backwards interview practises - No respect given to candidates time , got declined via a generic email and not a phone call

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time you suggested a code change
    Answer Question

London Borough of Hackney

Application

I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney

Interview

Straightforward. The panel was revealed before the interview. Slightly unorganized. Feedback took two and a half weeks to get to me and most of it was not relevant to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What other skills do you have that would be useful for this apprenticeship?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney (London, England) in May 2022

Interview

An application with basic questions on experiences. An invitation for an intreview was followed requesting a presentation for a panel. I thought the intreview would be professional and I will be challenged against my experience but unfortunately one of the panel seemed racist and aggressive. He only liked, on the presentation, how we measure project progress as if he would like to learn it rather than intreviewing me. I think the council's culture is awkward and non- professional. The first time in my life I see a submitted format of application, in which they hide your name and background to the panel as it was clear later why, as one of the seniors explicitly was aggitated, irritated, and fidgeting after presenting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney (London, England) in May 2022

Interview

A form-based questionnaire with some scenarios, lightly technical, freeform answers. A second stage technical where you are given a task in advance but then run through it live via screen sharing, writing code as you go. A bit clumsily done. Immediately following, a mixed panel interview with soft skills questions and pseudo technical questions. Many questions here were basically how well you know the AWS product line up. Some technical questions were so simple that it felt like trick questions. Was told a decision due within a day but never heard back. I didn't perform very well in the interview, but the lack of follow-up was disappointing. The post has since been readvertised for the third time.

Interview Questions
  • Write Terraform to do X A "what could be the cause?" type question that I can't remember too well, but the answer was DNS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney (London, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

1 interview on Google Meet with two senior members of the Delivery team, focusing on competency questions and drilling down into detail depending on answers. Panel was friendly & welcoming

Interview Questions
  • What experience did I have of working in an Agile manner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney (London, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

the process is very very slow and the online form far too time consuming considering the job isn't a very difficult. I feel that the interview was a rehash of the same thing as the questions asked at the application stage

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

London Borough of Hackney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney in Aug 2021

Interview

It was on Google Meet. Firstly, there were technical issues. It was not possible to share attachments into the message chat so delayed start of interview. Questions were shouted in a rather condescending way with one of the interviewers being extremely pushy and borderline rude. It was obvious they had little interest in my lesson which I had spent time and energy preparing. I was told at the end of the interview that this was not a permanent job despite the original advertisement stating so. I felt like I wasted my time doing this interview.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of questions on Ofsted. Some questions were so long you needed a pen and paper to remember what was actually being asked.

London Borough of Hackney

Application

I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney

Interview

Interviewed by panel and service users. Positive experience overall, 3 people on the panel. I was notified within 3 days of the outcome. there were 2 questions per panel member.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

London Borough of Hackney

Application

I interviewed at London Borough of Hackney

Interview

There was no formal interview, I was asked a few questions regarding background and any criminal records. Was hired shortly after this. The interview was conducted during first shift, which was unprofessional

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Standard online application and at least 1 week notice on interview. HR recruitment team are very good at making contact/personable. However officers conducting interview were brisk and badgering for answers. They failed at shortlisting as I said on my form I didnt have ALL the experience req. Wasted my time - don't shortlist people and then ask Qs they wont be able to answer!

Interview Questions
  • HOW did YOU facilitate relationship building between yourself stakeholders?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews