L'Oréal Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

L'Oréal Interview Questions

Interviews at L'Oréal

1,501 Interview Reviews

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Apply: Applied online-received an email stating that they had received my application (1-2 days after application)

Call #1: External HR calls to do vetting (about 2 weeks after application)

If you move on...
    Call#2: Direct Supervisor Interview (1-2 days later)

If you move on...
    Interview #3: Visit to Corp offices-Interview with more employees in a group or singular as well as a Direct HR personal interview. (flown out if you are not a local candidate).

After about 1-1.5 weeks offer is made.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was very conversational with the Direct Supervisor and other employees-It became more run of the mill when you did your Corp HR interview. Then the questions are more of what you would expect... Tell me about a time... What are your strengths and weaknesses etc...   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and about two weeks later had a follow up with a manager. Both were extremely nice and responsive when I asked for updates. Asked mostly behavioral questions and a few about the company (why loreal/industry?) and what interested me.

Intern Marketing Interview

Interview

First round phone interview. Was very standard interview just getting to know you and why you want to work there/why you would be a good fit. Almost all typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to defend or fight for something you believed in   Answer Question

9 Dec 2019 – Global content and employee engagement manager

Hello,
    We are glad you had a positive candidate experience with us. Even you did not join, don't hesitate to keep in touch with us!
    Have a great day,

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

After a short phone interview, I was invited to a group interview. The group interview was 2 hours including an aptitude test and group presentation.

Interview Questions

L'Oréal Response

9 Dec 2019 – Global content and employee engagement manager

Have a great day,

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

On campus interview, one more call with HR, and final FaceTime Interview with a Digital Marketing Manager. The final round interview does not determine which brand you'll be placed on within Marketing, will be assigned later on.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite marketing campaigns, and why is it effective?
      Talk about your on-campus involvements.
      Why marketing?
      Why L'Oréal?   Answer Question

31 Oct 2019 – Global content and employee engagement manager

Hello,
    We're very happy to see you had a positive experience and that you accepted the offer! Take the best out of your new position now!
    We wish you the best,

R&I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Nontechnical they just went over my resume. very nice and inviting people. They interviewed over 50 candidates and only selected a few. cool company on the outside, pushing to be a beauty tech company.

Co-Op Interview

Interview

The interview was conducted by the hiring managers over the phone and it lasted about thirty minutes. The questions were standard interview questions with the addition of a few L'Oreal specific questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

L'Oréal came to my university's career fair, and conducted interviews the same week. It was only 1 interview - a behavioral interview was very traditional and I heard back the next month.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge of your ___ project (from resumé)?   Answer Question

Manager - Internal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Clark, NJ (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The internal interview was great it went amazing! Good vibes from the whole team interviewing. For sure aligned with being the right fit and talent for the position.

And then, HR got in the way by not doing an ethical background follow up. This particular HR representative was cold and unprofessional when delivering the feedback and clearly has ethical gaps in the RI group when it comes to following up with peers. No one whom I’ve worked with 99% of the time was asked to be a reference, in fact no one from my direct point of contacts including my manager were consulted. Weighing a lot of their decision for the position on gossip from people in a area that I don’t regularly interact with, and send an email to them maybe less than 1% of the time in my career. The HR representative didn’t take her time to even follow up on our teams side of the gossip and just made assumptions off of the gossip.

This destroyed the trust with that HR dept entirely. And it is incredibly difficult for an internal movement for that reason. I felt the HR representative needs coaching and development
    , I did not feel good about the follow up call with them and even reported them to my HR representative as I felt the delivery was inappropriate and the actions were not to Loreal expectations. But I was just told that particular HR person just has a cold personality... so I doubt anything will change to make that one person develop and be better next time.

Also when you apply to jobs within Loreal you can only apply to one position at a time and many times the position is already planned for someone else and you get absolutely no feedback immediately from that. So you’ll be sitting for 6 months waiting until the job just disappears from the queue with no contact from HR or hiring manager. It makes it difficult for internal employees who are being encouraged to grow but can’t because the system is broken.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult employees?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a campus recruiter for a first round phone interview. Phone call was about 30 minutes- was expecting more of a general screening call but the questions were actually pretty thorough and difficult. Got an email maybe a month later inviting me to come in to the office for a second round interview. Went in for the interview and met with 6 different people over the course of 4 hours. Was an exhausting process but had the opportunity to meet with many different professionals at the office. Interviewers mostly seemed irritated, cut me off, were not interested in what I had to say, and acted as if this was a major inconvenience to their day. At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back from the recruiter in 2 weeks time. After 3 weeks, I heard nothing and emailed to follow up. My email was ignored for another month or so until she finally let me know I was not selected. A good friend of mine was interviewing for the same exact position and had the same experience. In her case, they didn't even bother to send her a rejection email.. she just had her multiple emails ignored for months.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.