Jo Malone Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Jo Malone Interview Questions

Interviews at Jo Malone

2.9

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jo Malone (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Had three in person interviews, an odd phone interview to determine skills, strengths and personality type. While I was ultimately hired, the whole process took over a month.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was all over the place. Trying to figure out how I would deal with various scenarios   1 Answer

Interview

Skype interview. Go over your resume and experience. They ask mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer also tries to get to know you to make the interviewing process easier and more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why Jo Malone?
      What do you know about the company?
      Tell me more about your current/previous employment?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jo Malone in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewer spent the whole time looking at an I-pad, did not seem interested in anything I had to say although was perfectly happy speaking about himself.
    I was firstly rattled when the interviewer was late and then gave a limp handshake. He progressed to tell me of a situation that was occurring that he was unhappy about, therefore I came to the assumption he was more concerned for his day than my interview.
    It is such a shame that a prestigious and luxurious brand do not take recruitment seriously.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jo Malone (Cheadle, North West England, England (UK)).

Interview

on line application, video interview, manager interview, area manager interview. The staff were very nice, i thought the interview process was excessive and afterwards I didn't get a call to say I had got the position or any feedback. I called at least 3 times to ask for feedback and was told the manager wasn't in on all these occasions.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jo Malone.

Interview

Phone interview with HR department. Then a week later called in for interview with various team members. Asked many questions which were mainly behavioural and general things. The whole process lasted about 30 mins.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jo Malone (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Bad experience, great interviews but no feedback given at all after spending a lot on travel and being down to final three. Rude abrupt interveiwers. X

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jo Malone (London, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process went on for about a month. Had three interviews with different managers and they are all quite friendly and nice to you. The interview was quite quick, about 15~30 mins.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jo Malone (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Stage 1: Applied through the website.
    Stage 2: Passed phone interview, just needed to answer simple questions about my background and about companies history.
    Stage 3: 1-2-1 interview with store manager. The store that I was going for.
    Stage 4: 1-2-1 interview with higher manager, can't remember the position (probably something like area manager or so)
    Stage 5: 1-2-1 interview with another higher manager (probably district manager or so).
    Overall 5 interviews for a Stylist (sales associate) position. Was very long process. Wouldn't say that it was easy. During all
    This process was lots of phone calls and etc. from the day that had first interview took them 2 months to give me a job proposal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They offered fixed salary and there was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jo Malone (London, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Went in person to hand in CV, got a call back for an interview. Had an interview with the Manager, you have to look the part being well groomed is essential. it's a Luxury Brand! Doing your homework on the brand is important. They are Fragrance company and also combines (layers) two fragrances to create a unique scent. Their signature scent is Lime Basil & Mandarin.

This has changed now it's all on their website, I believe now it's done through video.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Jo Malone?

Whats your favorite Product?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jo Malone (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

One to one interview with store manager after dropping hard copy of CV into the shop. There was fast and good communication throughout. Fair questions and conducted interview in a proper yet friendly manner.

Interview Questions

• What past experience have you had in retail sales?   Answer Question
    • What experiences have you had that would prepare you for bad customers?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.