JHC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

JHC Interview Questions

Interviews at JHC

3.8

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JHC (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by in house aptitude test (consisting of a numerical, language and logic section), with a separate 45 minute face to face interview with two people and a presentation element.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think you will be in the next 18 months, 5 years and 10 years?   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JHC (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

The recruiter set up a telephone interview 2 days later which lasted about 25-30 mins, this was mainly about testing and they gave me an example of how I would test something. I was called in for a face to face with 1 manager and 1 senior employee. It was literally just a really comfortable conversation about my experience, projects I’ve done and systems I have used and how I would react in a certain situation. They gave me a scenario and wanted to check what my approach would be. I got as called in for 1 more stage few days later which consisted to 1 reasoning test which lasted around 1 hour. Followed by a final interview with senior management and team manager. The final one was the most daunting but it was mainly trying to check how I would fit into the team and what my testing knowledge is like overall. Static and dynamic testing!

Interview Questions

• When would you do static testing and when would you do dynamic testing?   1 Answer

Apprenticeship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JHC.

Interview

Day long assessment day, some generic group tasks, then an interview in the afternoon. Interview was pushy and difficult (which I like), with one of the interviewers was being a bit presumptuous about my past but this part was fine overall, standard stuff.

I was said to have aced every stage of the assessment, but they rejected because I didn't speak much during a group discussion about the death of the highstreet and other topics (being sleep deprived and slightly sick I thought they wouldn't put so much emphasis on a futile table discussion anyway but oh well).

I consider it a bullet dodged to be honest, especially once I found out that they build their systems in RPG, a comically archaic language. No wonder people don't stay here long, as they're talents are being wasted on such old tech.

Interview Questions

• There must have been a serious reason why you left your previous position, what was it?   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JHC (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied thought recuitment agent.
    About a week later done a telephone interview.
    The final stage was two part (same day). An aptitude test and a written test follow by face to face interview (I did not "pass" the test so i didnt get to do the face to face).

Waste my time and money to get to their office just to this test (4 hours travel (round trip) to do this damn retarded test).
    I have a Psychological Assessment (for dyslexic, have my Verbal comprehension at 23 %ile and my Perceptual organisation at 99%ile) send to them and ask for extra time.
    Additionally their Engineer (The future head for this position) cant differentiate my score is 99 %ile (100%) correct on the Numberical test. He think I score 99% (Which I state is not possible since there is only 25 question). He think I did ok but my average of the 3 test is ~68% so he let me know they are not continue the rest of the interview (for me).

Interview Questions

• On the day none!
      The telephone interview (Ask a few compatancy question like (they specify couple work place or university in my CV and ask me to choose one to talk about): a case of working in a team to develiver project; about communication (cant remember is is dueling with difficult suitation or with diverse audience); about career aspiration)   1 Answer
    • Aptitude test is rather "interesting" I should say. * !!! You need 75% (%ile) over to pass !!! *
      There is 3 part (a verbal, numeric and abstract reasoning)
      Verbal (Not verbal reasoning!), test you bunch of vocabulary meaning and which word is the odd one out.
      Numeric test test you divison and ratios (again nothing like other graduation online numberical resoning, very simple)
      A abstract reasoning (Just bunch of picture with dots and square. To me there doesnt seem to have any logic, which I am normally very good at the these type reasoning test)
      The written test have two question
      1. An example to demonstrate attention to detail
      2. Write an algorithm/step by step guide for how to install a programe they provide (the is a little bit infomation available)   2 Answers

Trainee Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JHC (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied for this job through NRG recruitment with my cv and a cover letter and was then emailed and asked to attend an interview. Upon arriving, it was an awkward environment, there was not a single woman working on the entire floor (except for the receptionist). I was then asked to wait on some seats that looked over the entire floor whilst the other candidates arrived. Out of six candidates I was the only woman and was made to feel quite uncomfortable. We were then put into a room and asked to complete a maths and english test which was quite an easy test and then asked to leave for an hour and to return to find out whether they would interview us (although I was specifically asked to attend an interview and when questioning the interview process was not at all made aware that an interview wasnt in fact a given). After returning an hour later, we waited for an additional half an hour as the employee we were waiting for was late. Then in front of everyone, myself and another person were literally told to leave using the phrase "you can leave and the rest can stay" without any explanation. when i asked if there was any chance i would be able to get feedback on my performance i was told "there's the door" and the receptionist told me the feedback would be emailed over to me. I waited three weeks and contacted the company again and then waited another two weeks and contacted for feedback once more. i am still waiting. it was completely unprofessional and it felt like i was just there as a statistic and not at all genuinely considered for the role.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.