InterAction Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at InterAction

2.6

Grants and Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Received an e-mail with an invitation to interview and then met with two people. The first interviewer spent around 20-30 minutes with me and told me I had the exact experience they were looking for. The second interviewer, the decision maker, came in, looked at my resume, and told said they wanted someone with more accounting experience but not a CPA. They told me about the next steps in the interview process and I followed-up with thank-you e-mails to both interviewers. I never heard anything else.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my current job and why I was interested. No "gotcha" questions.   Answer Question

Director of Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a standard process - what little I took part in. I applied online and had a preliminary phone screening with a very high-ranking staffer and the two staffers who are supervised by this position. The biggest thing is that I never heard back from the woman I interviewed with following the interview - not a peep. I find this extremely rude and inconsiderate. I find it astonishing that someone who ranks so high in her organization is so irresponsible and rude to potential employees. I hate to see how she treats her actual employees. If there's one good thing about interviews that have these results, it's that I know which organizations I don't want to work for - the ones that treat people like they're lower than pond scum.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterAction in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked basic interview questions about my strengths and weaknesses and what I wanted to get out of the internship. Also was asked about my previous work experience and classes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterAction (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied for a position online and within a week I heard back from them scheduling a phone interview. Overall it was a wonderful interview, the questions were very straightforward. The interview went off-topic quite a number of times.

Interview Questions

• How I deal with criticism, do I work better in teams or individually, explain in greater detail my extracurricular.,   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at InterAction in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick, took 3 weeks. First you submit a resume and materials related to writing and web design. Got contacted for a phone interview. It was a conference call with 2 supervisors. Went well, interview was the standard questions. I was asked mostly about my interest in non-profit and my interest in their particular team. Tie any relevant experience back to your personal interests.

Global Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

it was nice and short not too long. they ask questions that were very general nothing too tricky at all. I loved it, just be prepared to answer questions. they were very nice, I didnt even think I was gonna ge, oveall it was a great experience I must say.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was nice, i advise you to be patient and not let anyone tell you anthing. come in there confident and ready to work, nothing will stop you . be calm and ready

Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at InterAction (New York, NY (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Within 4 days of the application deadline, i received an email stating that they wanted to schedule a 30 minute phone interview with me. I quickly sent my reply, and set up a time and day of the week. Towards the end of the interview, I was told that the decisions will be made in 2 weeks. In the first week, the internship coordinator emailed me and told me that I was offered a position. I accepted.
    For the first maybe 5 minutes, the coordinator went over what InterAction does globally, and over the position and department I applied for. Then asked me questions - nothing too hard, mostly about my experiences, why I wanted to work there, etc. Then I asked my own questions about the company, culture, and department.
    I thought it went well and my interviewer even said that the reasons I wanted to intern for the orga toon were in sync with InterAction's goals.

Interview Questions

• Explain one of my extra curricular activities   1 Answer
    • Why I would be a good fit   1 Answer
    • Do I work better in teams or individually?   1 Answer
    • How I deal with criticism   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just reiterated my days and times of availability after I got my offer.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

The hiring process took longer than expected. it took about a month and a half from the submission of the application until first interview and from interview to hire it was another month and a half.

Interview Questions

• First round interview was one-on-one with the supervisor. It was pretty straight forward. The second round of interviews was with a group and questions were quite diverse and all over the place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some negotiation involved, but flexibility on salary was very low.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 employers, both very nice

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at InterAction (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

My interview process was relatively straightforward. I had a phone interview where my future boss provided me with a description of the job and asked a lot of questions about my personal life. I believe he wanted to get a feel for who I was during the phone interview. After successfully getting past the phone interview round, I had an in-person interview with two senior staffers, where they asked me more job-specific questions. After that interview, I had to wait about three weeks before hearing that I had been offered the position. I did not negotiate my salary and began work two weeks after being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• During my second interview, I was asked to think through the following scenario: 'You have three missed called/voicemails. One from the CEO of InterAction, one from the head of your division and one from your immediate supervisor, all asking you to call them back immediately. Who do you call back first, second and last and why?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating between me and my future bosses, but my future bosses did negotiate with their bosses to increase my initial offer by 5% before I started when I intimated that the salary was quite low and something I had to consider when decided on the offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.