Hindustan Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Hindustan Petroleum Interview Questions

Interviews at Hindustan Petroleum

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum.

Interview

campus recruiting: Mostly HR

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Lucknow, SC (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

7 people in the interview panel . Questions were mostly HR type only regarding college life and your favorite moments. Do remain confident and speak your heart. They do not want to hear philosophical crap but what you really are. Mostly they are looking for Marketing profiles however refinery and r&d profiles are also open. They may ask your option during the interview.

Interview Questions

• what was your favorite moments in college.. ??   1 Answer

Officer Trainee Interview

Application

Interview

Campus Recruitment

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions & some pertaining to industry   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Few coding questions and remaining was full HR Interview. HR was very cool, he is friendly and he asked about introduction, place of recruitment, about family. We have to be cool and we have to be thorough with our resumes, if we are unable to explain the topics in the resume they will have bad impression on us, so better prepare and be confident and believe in GOD(christ).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What are your strengths and weakness?   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Guwahati (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

First, shortlisting based on CG PA. Second, elimination through GD. Third and final, HR interview. Personal questions about family, general awareness etc. Personality traits and instances where you actually applied them in life.

Interview Questions

• The only questions asked were HR questions. No technical.   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (New Delhi (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The selection process started with the shortlist based on department rank and category(OBC/SC/ST). Then there was a case study round. So in all there were 40 shortlisted students and 6 case study groups. It was basically an elimination round and in one group only same category people were there. This was followed by panel interview (8 in panel ). After that the final shortlist of students.

Interview Questions

• Q1. The starting interview question was sell yourself to this panel.

Q2. Tell us about your internship. (My internship was in Reliance Dahej)

Q3. Tell us Pros and cons of working in Reliance Dahej.

Q4. Did you get a Pre placement offer from Reliance?

Q5. Why HPCL why not Reliance?

Q6. What your family background.

Q7. How hard is it to be a single child?

Q8. If given a choice which location would you like to prefer?   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Visakhapatnam (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was about your interpersonal skills. No technical question is asked.typical rejection at interview 50 percent. They will not consider your branch nd rank when rejecting. Group formation will be mixed irrespective of branch category etc. Elimination in every stage. Group task is followed by hr interview.

Interview Questions

• group task: task to prioritise five issues been given to group of 8.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

it was an interview on the basis of our gate score , we have been shortlisted , interview was in jaipur , comprising two part one GT an other pure HR interview . after that we have been shortlisted for medical

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Nice experience, nice office. However didnt find the staff to be smart of employee friendly. They did test round first and then followed by one to one personal round.

Compensation is average as per industry standards but provide good work life balance as people hardly work there :P

Inspection Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Chennai (India)).

Interview

All india exam, Personal Interview and Medical Test.
    After selection, psychometric tests are also taken.

Negotiation

no negiotiation. Fixed salary as per job grade.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.