Hike Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Hike Interview Questions

Interviews at Hike

3.4

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hike.

Interview

coding round then assignment and two interview rounds. everything was easy if you know the basics its toot easy to get cleared have confidence on yourself. coding was as simple as geek for geeks.

SDEII Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hike (New Delhi (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

First round was Simulation round followed by a F2F interview covering discussion about Simulation round and some technical discussion around Threading, ViewModel, ExcuterService, Handler, Looper, RxJava, Picasso, app optimisations, .

Interview Questions

• Build an app using Flickr API - it was about building an app using Flickr API and show images in a grid of 3. We need to give provision to the User, to enter the Search Query based on which the corresponding images will be pulled from the API and shown on the screen. Also, need to have pagination with 100 records each page.   1 Answer
    • The F2F round started with discussion over your past work experience and was asked about the previous companies I worked with   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about the ViewModel, what is its purpose?   1 Answer
    • He further asked me about
      Asked about, concepts of threading ?
      Explain ExecuterService ?
      Explain, implementation/internal-working of ExecuterService ?
      How is number of threads determined in the Thread pool ? Tell me about the deciding factors ?
      What does subscribeOn and observeOn do ?
      Asked a small coding problem over Schedulers ?
      If I replace Schedulers.io() with Schedulers.computation() will the code compile and run or crash ?
      In Java, there are 3 API requests made in 3 different threads, I have to wait for the response of each one of them and then start 4th thread. How can I do it?   1 Answer
    • He asked me about operators in RxJava, I have worked with ?   1 Answer
    • Then he turned back to my code and said what if remove Gson from my Retrofit, what will happen ? In what format the response comes ? If you do not have Gson parser then how will you parse the response ?   Answer Question
    • He asked about Picasso library and asked why image is loading every time I scroll up-down very fast ? How will you fix it ?   1 Answer
    • For better User experience, I used a place-holder image which was having a grey background but it was smaller than the actual image being rendered because that place-holder image was having a padding. He said, its not a good user experience, how can we fix it using image ?   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hike (New Delhi (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

Application :

Applied through a consultancy from Instahyre.com

Interview

The first round was on hackerrank, had to solve 2 questions in 90 mins

After that, I was called for face-to-face rounds at their office in New Delhi on a Saturday.
    It was a recruitment drive, many other candidates were called.

There we were asked to make an Android app with image search functionality using flick apis, i.e user will search for a keyword, you have to show photos in 3*3 grid in an Android app.

After that, I had a discussion with one of their Engineers. I felt like he was not interested in taking the interview. He asked some questions about android, java multithreading.

Felt like he was sad for coming to the office for taking interviews on a Saturday.

and the HR lady told me that she will get in touch with me regarding result and feedback, But even after sending emails she didn't respond.

Highly Unprofessional Behaviour, Seemed like they wanted to hire a 2-3 experienced guy.
    Very bad experience.

Also felt company is also very confused with their product, first creating a lot of features then stopping them to focus on the core product.

Interview Questions

• Rotate a given array, and find the index of max element, for several test cases.   1 Answer
    • Create an Android app, using flick apis, and show the result in a grid   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hike (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was scheduled by recruiters directly as I have enormous experience in Android. The interview was of 5 rounds.

1. Coding test(using laptop)
    2. Basic Android + Architecture
    3. Data Structure + Android
    4. More into Android
    5. DS + Algo with Senior Employee

Overall you will not find any difficulty handling android + DS + algo if you are an above average person. But, what really pi**ed me off is the final round(one of the most important round) by a person who has no idea how a complete mobile development works and starts asking you about backend just because he is from a backend team and expects you to answer. Further, they expect you to answer the only way( god way) that they are aware of for solving the given question. The moment you bring other solutions, you are rejected!

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hike.

Interview

1 telephonic coding round, 2 f2f coding round, 1 f2f design round, 1 technical coding/design round with hiring manager.
    Questions around linked list, arrays, distributed systems. The process is good.

Interview Questions

• Removing consecutive duplicated recursively in a singly linked list.
      Entity propagation systems design   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hike (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

Over call for about 40 minutes.
    Few basic questions followed by HR questions.
    Fairly easy process for a prepared candidate.
    But you should be clear about the profile you are going to work on.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hike (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Was called up by the HR and asked for a time when they can set up a exploratory call with me to understand my profile better, and check if I am suitable for the role.

After few days, we had a call but to my surprise, it was one of their data scientist who took the interview, which I suppose was to be an exploratory call with the Hiring Manager/HR . The interview went for an Hour.
    It was been 45 days and I still awaiting the feedback of the discussion, was just informed that they got "some" feedback and will let me know their final results in some more time., I had mailed them multiple times for a feedback now and still awaiting - Neither rejection, nor +ve.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Hike (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview, I was asked about my last work & the one before that. At around 30 mins into the interview, suddenly the interviewer said he's getting another call & he will call me back. It felt weird to me as that has never happened before to me even with the big companies. I thought maybe I'll get a call later that day, or next day, I waited but it never came. Basically he realized that I was not fit for the role, abruptly cut the interview in between to save his precious time, did not have a minimum courtesy to let me know, very unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the details of my last work & the one before that.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hike (New Delhi (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall good. I did not know that it would take more than half a day. After going through, I felt like I am in the right place and the time taken is worth it.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hike (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The dress code was casual. The interviewers themselves were dressed casually. I wore an old T-shirt to the interview.

There were 4 rounds. No HR round. First round was coding test, then a written test. Then two interview rounds.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of prices for a stock, which days would have been the best combination to buy and sell?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.