Harris Computer Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Harris Computer

1 Interview Review

1.0

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Computer (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

The phone interview was really basic, just normal things such as what have you done in the past, skills and experiences, the best project you have worked on, and what your looking for.

The 1:1 interview onsite had no technical questions during my time, all I did is explain what I did in the past and how I did it. So we just did a conversation and got the offer on the same day which was better than all the offers I got lying on the table.

It is no longer like that anymore, the interview process sucks really hard right now. I am surprised at the technical questions you get now, they have nothing to do with the job and the person asking these questions doesn't even obide to those rules. All they do is get a recruiting book and pick a question from those books.

The HR explained about the bonus structure which was at that time 30% of your salary multiplied by company performance (which was around 50% at that time). That is pretty good, considering it isn't tied to your individual performance. As well, if you perform individually, you get merit pay which is around $5000 yearly. This is all changed now, you get way less now.

Since they have changed directions completely (after 4 years), The quality of employees they hire is not to par. They are just average developers that are just looking for a job to get paid. Not a job of excitement.

If you want a job that isn't stressful something like the government but private sector and retire there, then it might be great. But don't expect innovation nor talent.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult project you have worked?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more to be competitive with the local community and the matched it.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.