ExxonMobil Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

ExxonMobil Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at ExxonMobil

2.9

Internship Interview

Interview

Interview the day after an on campus career fair, in person, 30 minutes. Afterwards received a phone call and then a quick final phone interview with the specific department, but less so technical more just for placement within the company

Interview Questions

• Behavioral mostly, ex. tell me about a time when you had the best solution to a problem and needed to convince your teammates   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Boulder, CO (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Normal interview. Basic and behavioral questions. Was interviewed by two people at my university. Got an email stating I would get a phone call. Got a phone call. Got another interview over the phone. Same format as before.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

It took about 40 minutes. The interviewer spent about 5 minutes going through my resume and asked mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer was very patient and answered my questions in details, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have limited resources to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2019.

Interview

ExxonMobile came to my university’s career fair. I gave them my resume and they called me that same day to schedule an interview.
    The interview has only behavioral and about mu interests,
    The interviewer was very nice and attentive.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

1 hour behavioral interview with a recruiter, interviewed immediately after speaking with the company at an on-campus job fair. Little time to prepare, but fairly basic behavioral interview. Some interesting questions, interviewer seemed focused on asking or touching on everything listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you didn't have the resources you needed to complete a project, how did you adapt to that?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Just behavioral questions. Met the recruiter at the career fair and got a call for an on-campus interview. The position was for Data Science intern and the recruiter was looking for experienced(graduate) students.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not agree with your teammates?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Casual; the interview was conducted on-campus and they were mostly STAR questions; the interviewer typed my answers as I was talking; at the end of the interview, the interviewer asked if I had any questions; it seemed like the interviewer had a structured list of questions since my friend was also asked the exact same set of questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you demonstrated your analytical ability   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with lack of resources? (ex. people, time, money)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you showed an initiative   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2018.

Interview

I attended a university career fair and spoke to a recruiter there. I later applied online and was invited to an on-campus interview within a few days of applying. They asked only behavioral questions and asked to elaborate on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had multiple options to solve a problem and had to choose the best one.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had an idea for the direction of a project that no one else shared and you had to convince them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a conflict you've faced in a group project and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you felt a sense of urgency in a group project that others did not share. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for ExxonMobil?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. The interview process went quite well. I was asked about many behavioral questions. Most of them were easy, but some were difficult. I was also asked about which location I prefer.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties have you met? How did you solve them?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

They came to my University to interview for geoscientist internships. It was a one on one interview and primarily discussed my resume. There were not very many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were discussing my resume. Not many behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.