Eurofound Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 2 interviews

3.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eurofound

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Eurofound (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2020

Interview

I can relate with desperately looking for feedback from previous interviewees. I am very grateful to similar contributions here, so I will do my best to be thorough! Here is my experience: I was emailed that I was shortlisted and invited to a Skype interview. Picking a date was flexible, but I agreed to the suggested date and time. About two hours earlier I emailed them, asking for a confirmation and instructions to set up the system, and reminded them of my Skype contact details. They shared a Skype business virtual meeting link which I was supposed to open at meeting time, check in and start the call (in other words, I was to take initiative). I did not figure this immediately, therefore there was a 7-8' delay in starting the call XD ! I apologised assertively and we commenced. I confirmed my name and current location. Initially, I was briefed by HR regarding T&C and my rights. I was not supposed to interact with the HR rep, once finished they merely left. At this point, I was left with an employee from the department that shortlisted me and the real interview started. It lasted about 40' total. At first, they informed me about what will I be doing with much detail. Questions ranged from "go through your CV", "what is current status" to situational questions and some knowledge based questions (will expand in the next section). They flowed naturally - one seemed to bring the other. There was no allocated time for me to ask questions, so I had to intentionally prolong the process to ask a few. We hung up promptly after this, it seemed as if my interviewer was short for time. They explained when should I expect results and what will happen next without me asking about it. The ambience was warm and friendly, although bureacratic - in a reassuring, transparent way (people with knowledge and experience of other EU institutions will understand what I mean). I felt comfortable expressing myself throughout the way. They are very polite and transparent, no mind games. This left me with a positive feeling, despite not being happy with my answers of knowledge and competency-based questions. No matter what happens, smile and sound positive and confident, natural and spontaneous. A "thank you" note is not expected and in my case, it seemed as if I was putting pressure on them. Yet, it shows your motivation, so act at own discretion and keep it very simple. General interview courtesy applies (don't interrupt, look in the camera as much as you can etc). Going through an "Interview Tips" book or article beforehand will help. Research the department (staff, hierarchy) - one of them will interview you, look them up a little. Prepare answers to questions about your profile and motivation. Think of an example from your studies and/or work to prove each of the "requirements" bullet in the Job Description. Have some questions prepared to ask, if there is time. It was implied that the Head of Department would be in the panel if they were there (they were on vacation). In this case, be extra careful with formalities. Even if you don't get an offer, it is great interview experience by the EU institutions, might come in handy in future. Enjoy and best of luck!

Interview Questions
  • Go through your professional experience.
    1 Answer
  • What is your current status? I see you are currently employed, when are you available?
  • Are you comfortable working in a multi-lingual environment?
  • Can you work in a team? How would you deal with a colleague who refuses to cooperate and keeps all work to themselves?
  • 3 case-study questions drawn from current Public Procurement legislation in the style of "What would you do as a project manager?". Brief and rather simple.
  • Are you familiar with databases?
  • Have you any experience of tendering? (main scope of the said department)
  • Was notified about the housing crisis in Dublin and we discussed about it briefly.
  • It is possible that you might need to carry out general tasks and help everyone here when they need to. Are you comfortable with that?
  • We don't want someone who will merely do this to list it on their CV. Are you genuinely interested in training in these areas (procurement, project management, logistics)?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eurofound (Dublin, Dublin) in May 2019

Interview

It was a bit long, there was an online quantitative test before the interview, then on the day of the interview, there was a 2 hour long test and a shorter oral interview with 3 people.

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a difficult situation at work and how you solved it.
Be the first to find this interview helpful