East Harlem Tutorial Program Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at East Harlem Tutorial Program

East Harlem Tutorial Program

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program in Mar 2022

Interview

You are sent an email with directions for the video interview and then you go through the video interview first. After that you are notified of the next stage in the process.

Interview Questions
  • How do you align with our mission and work?
    Answer Question

East Harlem Tutorial Program

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program

Interview

4 hour interview. Starts with being observed then a couple rounds of one on one interviews, ends with a writing sample. Plan to spend a few hours there (got there around lunch time and left when the kids were leaving)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

The first interview was fine. Then there was a second interview, that served no purpose. I wasn't happy about having to do a second interview because I had a lot going on and the first one was with 4 people.

Interview Questions
  • Why do I want to work there. They question were pretty standard so I can't really remember the rest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program (New York, NY) in Sep 2019

Interview

To begin the process after I submitted my application, I had a 30-minute phone call with the Deputy Director of Recruitment. The interview included both questions about myself as well as technical questions that had to do with working in a diverse environment such as Harlem. I was then invited to Finalist Day in Harlem, which included a Demo Teach Lesson, a group interview/discussion, an individual interview, and a writing portion. The candidates were then able to shadow an after-school program. Unfortunately, the Finalist Day was in September 2019, and I will not hear a final decision until January 2020.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why are you interested in working in such a diverse environment such as Harlem, and why are you prepared to do so?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program (New York, NY) in Jul 2018

Interview

Excellent. Great questions! Makes you think and helps you grow. Also allows you to show your work live in front of people. It was great to interact with the children and other staff members.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you want to work at the school versus other schools?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program (New York, NY) in May 2018

Interview

Interview process took about 4 weeks/a month. Had a phone interview and was asked to complete a take home task that took about 4 hours (of my own time outside of my actual job) to complete. Submitted the assignment and was asked to come in person for a second round of interviews with the Data Ops team alongside a surprise interview with the Principal and to complete a second onsite task. The task was easy but the computer i used to complete the assignment was extremely unreliable and slow. Thankfully, despite these issues, i was able to complete the project. After that i was asked to give 3 references and did as told. A week later i was told i was one of the final candidates for the position after i contacted them to find out the status of my application since no one followed up with me after the second interview. A few days after i was told i didn't get the job since they decided to hire someone who already worked at the company. Complete waste of a month and 4 hours of time that i will never get back.

Interview Questions
  • What new innovative idea do you have for this position if you were to take this job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program (New York, NY)

Interview

I did not get a chance to move forward in the process, but after just a few days of applying they sent me an email stating that I did not get the role. Despite that, everything was done extremely quick and in the best of interests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program (New York, NY) in Jan 2018

Interview

Long drawn out interview process, interviewed with about 5 people over the span of a month, you would think you are being interviewed for a School Principal position all the interviews/ tasks they make you complete. Also, to think you are responsible for recruiting teachers to this place and making them go through this long process?? and lose good talent because of this long drawn out unorganized interview process. Also, they were looking to fill this position for the past 6 months, I wonder why...?! Don't waste you're time.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of questions about cultural diversity and about the education in Harlem
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program (New York, NY) in Jan 2018

Interview

I apply for a job as a tutor and in a week I received an email from them with the date of my interview. It was very easy and very straightforward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at East Harlem Tutorial Program (New York, NY) in Apr 2017

Interview

After submitting an application I was called for a phone interview. After completing the phone interview I was invited to the school for a demo lesson and follow up interview. After the lesson we did more of a lesson coaching session/debriefing rather than a traditional interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews