DCA Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at DCA Design

3.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Two pre - interview questions. Interview went over CV and beam bending questions + methods of converting horizontal to vertical motion in a 3:1 ratio. Took 2-3 hours. Parking was available though was not reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• Describe as many ways to convert horizontal to vertical motion in a 3:1 ratio   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through university and then given a face to face interview at the company with two staff members. There were general questions about CV, but there were also technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Design mechanisms to convert vertical to horizontal movement.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

I met representatives at a career fair. It wasn't really the field of engineering I was interested in and as such, I had no prior knowledge of the field. However I had all of the design and computer skills and they offered me an interview shortly after. It was quite informal and the process consisted of that interview and second at their offices with more technical questions and creative problem solving tasks.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about designing a product and bringing it to market?   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online directly though the company, and was offered an interview within a few weeks. I was taken for a tour around the building to see the workshops and the equipment. Then I was sat down in a meeting room and given a series of technical engineering questions to answer, and go through my thought process with the interviewer. The interviewer was happy to help out and guide me though any parts if I was particularly stuck and nudge me in the right direction.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

First round interview consisted of an overview of prior experience followed by several technical questions on mechanism design and beam bending. The interview felt somewhat one-sided, as the interviewer paused infrequently making it difficult to contribute to the discussion without interrupting. Following the interview the decision was communicated slowly and without feedback.

Interview Questions

• Design a mechanism to convert vertical into horizontal motion with a fixed ratio.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

1 to 1 interview with another engineer. Was asked about my CV, some technical questions and some brainstorming questions. Generally my experience was good although I hadn't been prepared for this by the recruitment agent. Experience of DCA interviewer was better than experience of their recruiter.

Interview Questions

• To sketch a bending moment diagram for a specific problem   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DCA Design (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

sent an email briefly stating why i would be suited to the company along with my attached CV.
    was then invited for an interview. interview took just less than 3 hours. during the interview the interviewer went through my CV, took me around the facility, asked me some technical problem solving questions and finally asked me some generic interview questions i.e. where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Summer Interview

Interview

Nothing too complicated. Had to send in a CV and covering letter to review. Once that was done, they arranged for a face to face interview.

The interview started ok, covering question on my CV and previous experience. After that I was handed problems, which I later found out were also given to graduate applicants. Due to this, my inexperience came through and wasn't able to solve it to the level they wanted.

Throughout, I found the interviewer rude, aggressive and quite condescending. He hadn't even bothered to read through my CV or cover letter beforehand but expected that I knew the company inside out, which I was able to do based on the info available on the website and Google news.

Interview Questions

• Asked to design a pure mechanical system to translate vertical movement to horizontal movement.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DCA Design.

Interview

Sent a cover letter and CV then go asked to send answers to some mechanical design questions they gave me several weeks before the interview which were then very briefly discussed at interview. Really liked the questions as they required creativity and made me think I'd enjoy working at DCA. Interview was also fun, analysing a clamp to see how it worked, and describing as many ways as possible to turn horizontal motion into vertical motion.

Interview Questions

• Describe as many ways as possible to turn horizontal motion into vertical motion   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DCA Design (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiting agency, apoiment to make a phone interview within a week. Interview was very friendly, mainly about management/leading skills, software planing, different roles in small or big teams, working in-house or outsourcing. I finally did not complete the procedure because accepted an offer from other company.

Interview Questions

• Can you give some examples where you had to use your management/leading skill recently?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.