Cover image for Centier Bank

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Centier Bank Interview Questions

Updated 31 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centier Bank

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centier Bank (Indianapolis, IN)

Interview

Initial contact was via email based off of Indeed posting. Next interview was an intro phone call with HR discussing my background and details of role along with culture of the company. Third interview was online with hiring manager. Full process took less than 2 weeks from initial contact to job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why is Centier a good fit with my values/standard How do you prioritize your tasks for the day
    Answer Question

Centier Bank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centier Bank

Interview

Everyone was very nice and enthusiastic. The questions were personable and overall was structured and went by smoothly. I did two interviews overall. One over the phone and then one in person at the headquarters in Merrillville.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centier Bank

Application

I interviewed at Centier Bank

Interview

I had 3 interview before getting hired. Process of getting hired is very long and the Interview questions are difficult. Alot of situations questions. You just have to be prepared.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Centier Bank

Application

I interviewed at Centier Bank

Interview

The call Interview went well. The recruiter was very nice and welcoming. It took us 30 minutes in total to discuss the culture, internship tracks, and opportunities for the future.

Interview Questions
  • How good are you with Excel? What do you like in your major?

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centier Bank (Merrillville, IN) in Feb 2020

Interview

The interview process is usually 3 separate interviews. This usually happens in mostly all Universal Teller roles I’ve applied to. The first will be a phone call. Short and brief. The second one is an interview with HR and a bit longer, usually an hour. finally with a manager. Usually the branch manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a little about yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centier Bank (Merrillville, IN) in May 2019

Interview

The interview is a 3 step process: phone interview, interview with HR, then interview at the branch you're working at. It is not very difficult, HR is very friendly and questions are repetitive

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centier Bank (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2019

Interview

I found the recruiter through LinkedIn and messaged her directly about my interest. She asked me to submit my online app so we could do a phone interview. The phone interview happened a few days later, with an in person panel type interview to follow a week later. I came in person and met with a branch manager, the regional manager and the (same) recruiter. They asked a series of standard questions and asked for a lot of real life "STAR" type behavioral questions. They told me a lot about the company culture and explained the need for someone to bring in a great deal of new business/new money as they are a growing bank. Immediately following the interview, the recruiter sent and email with the benefits information and dress code policies, so I took that as a good sign. Why send over HR paperwork if there wasn't an offer to be made, right? Wrong. I sent a follow up email to check on the status after a week and a half of no word, which lead to a call 2.5 weeks after my interview to say they went with someone else. I respect getting a phone call, I just wish I wouldn't have had the wrong idea based on the follow up directly after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me your management style. Tell me about a time you had to coach to an operations error.
1 person found this interview helpful

Centier Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Centier Bank in May 2018

Interview

Asked questions pertaining to debit card/credit card usage, any financial knowledge tied into school, what makes me interested in working for Centier Bank, and why do I believe I am a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your financial background? Why do you believe you would be a good fit for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Centier Bank (Indianapolis, IN) in Jan 2017

Interview

Walked in had some questions asked, but the manager and her banker laughed a bit to each other and looked at each other a lot during the process. They didn’t seem too ready for the interview, but luckily for them I had a lot of experience in doing them and presenting them myself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centier Bank (Merrillville, IN) in Mar 2015

Interview

I met an analyst at a university career club meeting and gave him my resume. I followed up with a linked in message and he gave me a date to come in for an interview. Interview was conducted by an analyst and a VP and they basically ran through my resume point by point. Was then called by the HR to do a phone interview asking the same questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why I am interested in the field and asked specific questions about my resume. Asked about specific excel functions. No situation questions or brain teasers.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews