CIBC World Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

CIBC World Markets Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBC World Markets

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and it wasn't as stressful as some interviews can get. Many of the questions ended up being more behavioral and conversational. Prepare for background questions as you should for any other firm. Do research on the group you're interviewing for and reach out to current employees.

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied via the school career net and was invited to an on-campus interview a week after I submitted my resume. Both interviewers were super chill, and after asking a couple of very basic "fit" questions, they spent the next ~15 minutes letting me ask them questions. Got contacted by the HR team two weeks later, and will attend their superday event this week.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied this position from school career net. First round interview was in our campus. I met a nice traders. We had a fun talk and then I step into the superday. On superday I meet 6 team members from different teams. Hiring manager told me they only hire 4 students this summer. It's 2 weeks but I didn't any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Normal trading questions. About market, about demand/supply analysis and about your resume.   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Super friendly people, not too many technicals involved - but definitely know what corporate banking is and how it helps clients. Know your resume very well, and know answers to typical fit questions (why corporate banking, why CIBC, why finance, etc)

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets.

Interview

I applied online through a staffing agency. I then spoke with a staffing agent, the whole process wasn't difficult. I did do some excel computer test. That test was simple for anyone who knows excel. This was the whole process for me. It was an entry job so I guess they didnt care much either.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Was very informal in tone, but down to business in substance. Friendly, intelligent hiring manager and his boss went over the resume and tested knowledge of the industry

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

met with 5 different people for 30 minutes each. Just went back once to meet head of Dept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more, and they gave it to me. But, it wasn't much of a stretch

Middle Office PL Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview was with the direct hiring manager who seemed more concerned with my personality. It was already assessed that I had the foundation needed based on my experience from my resume. Within a week, I interviewed with the head of the department just for formality to introduce myself to the group. The office was clean and professional. People were conservative, dressed business casual. The work culture was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities relevant to the job posting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer considering it was a great opportunity switching industries.

Interview

Three stage process. First stage is about fit/personality test with hiring manager, second stage (may include a 30 minute model update) is about market/industry knowledge (stock pitches) and financial skills with associates, final stage is again about interest in the role and fit within the department and is with an MD and Head of Research.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Interview

First round was with HR. This was by far the worst and most unprofessional interview that I have ever experienced. The lady is extremely rude and disrespectful. She does not shake hands so do not even try to shake hands with her. She doesn't smile at all so just expect someone to stare at you with no smile and no emotion or expression for a good 30 minutes. She asks very condesending questions and makes very inappropriate comments that HR should not be ASKING AT ALL.

Interview Questions

• Why CIBC, why equity research, and she thoroughly goes through each of your experiences on your resume word by word so make sure you can talk about every single thing you write. She also tears all your experiences apart and to shreds.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.