BlackBerry Software Developer Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

BlackBerry Software Developer Co-Op Interview Questions

Interviews at BlackBerry

2.8

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews.

Projects I have done
Level of expertise in Java
OOP Concepts
How would you rate urself in java
Why should we hire you

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

This was for a product software development co-op position.
    The hiring manager sent out an email and contacted via phone to schedule an interview.
    The interviewer called right on time and asked JAVA questions.
    Basics of JAVA as well as implementation based questions asked.
    Got a call from the recruiter after 4 hours and they extended the offer.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Andover, MA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter took my resume at career fair. They emailed me to shcedule a phone interview. Following week of phone interview, I was invited to company for face to face interview. I took 2 hours in total with 4 different softeare engineers and a hiring manager. The questions was easy in general but I gave wrong anwers because I was nervous. They were looking for c++ developer.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cary, NC (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying for the position, they reached out to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of my future team leader and one other team member. The interview consisted of basic questions like time management, working in a team environment, and other common questions. They also ask about your school projects and your role for those projects. Overall, the process was pleasant, and the turnaround time was quick for me as well. It only took them a weekend to make the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the role you played in this particular project   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview and the HR person didn't attend it for a personal reason. They asked a lot about my past personal project. (Things like how is this part working, etc) They also made a very comfortable interview atmosphere. I prepared quite a bit on this interview, but ended up not saying much what I was going to say.

Interview Questions

• How are list and tuple different in Python?   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Interview

Only had one phone interview and there 2 people communicating with me over the phone. The interview lasted thirty minutes and I got a call back the week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would know if a number is divisible by 2?   2 Answers

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview - lots of technical questions! Brain teasers. Since I was a remote candidate I just did one phone interview. I got my offer just in two weeks. The interviewers were the same people I worked with during my internship. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience and college projects.

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the two branches of your clock when it is 3:15?   1 Answer
    • Describe two design patterns.   1 Answer
    • What IPC stands for? And explain what it is.   1 Answer
    • How to sort 2 million 32-bits integer?   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2008.

Interview

It's a conference call with a few developers and one team lead on the line. Some basic C/C++ programming questions and general knowledge of wireless networks, socket programming questions were asked. My background and experience in school was also asked. An offer is delivered shortly afterwards. The interview process is smooth and not difficult. Relocation was also offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

An offer was made, the salary is reasonable. So I didn't negotiate as it was just a co-op term contract.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied on 3 developer positions, and upon receiving my resume HR applied me to 11 jobs. From that 11, 5 immediately requested phone interviews. The interviews were for the most part very technical in nature, and were conducted by people in charge of small developer teams. I found there were few questions about the essential skills listed on the job postings, but many from the additional assets section. A lot of questions focused on hypothetical problems, or the nature of past technical challenges. Beware of very strong asian accents, I had a lot of trouble understanding questions because of the interviewer's nationality and their use of speaker phones. I received offers on every job all at once, so I believe you have to wait until every interview has been conducted before finding out how you did.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to sort N decks of 52 playing cards represented as an integer array with indexes from 0 to N*52 - 1. You are supplied a random generator that produces numbers from 0 to N - 1 for this task. What is the worst case runtime and memory bound?   1 Answer
    • The random number generator has a runtime complexity of O(NlogN), now what is the complexity of the function?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Students cannot negotiate wages at RIM.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2009.

Interview

Had Two rounds of interview till now. First one is HR and it is more of knowing more details about me viz when Im graduating, my programming language experiences. Second one is technical interview in this round they asked about projects in my resume and few simple Java questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java concepts like Threads, Interface, Class, Abstract   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.