BlackBerry Software Developer Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

BlackBerry Software Developer Co-Op Interview Questions

Interviews at BlackBerry

2.8

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Andover, MA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter took my resume at career fair. They emailed me to shcedule a phone interview. Following week of phone interview, I was invited to company for face to face interview. I took 2 hours in total with 4 different softeare engineers and a hiring manager. The questions was easy in general but I gave wrong anwers because I was nervous. They were looking for c++ developer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cary, NC (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

After applying for the position, they reached out to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of my future team leader and one other team member. The interview consisted of basic questions like time management, working in a team environment, and other common questions. They also ask about your school projects and your role for those projects. Overall, the process was pleasant, and the turnaround time was quick for me as well. It only took them a weekend to make the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the role you played in this particular project   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews.

Projects I have done
    Level of expertise in Java
    OOP Concepts
    How would you rate urself in java
    Why should we hire you

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

This was for a product software development co-op position.
    The hiring manager sent out an email and contacted via phone to schedule an interview.
    The interviewer called right on time and asked JAVA questions.
    Basics of JAVA as well as implementation based questions asked.
    Got a call from the recruiter after 4 hours and they extended the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online through my university's recruiting website. They contacted me for a phone interview. We talked briefly about some previous projects and courses that I had worked on, then went into a few brief programming questions. Overall, these questions were quite straightforward and tested basic knowledge of algorithms.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

It was an easy process with one phone interview and offer. The interview was straight with Manager and that included some behaviour questions and common hr questions and technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• The interview was basic programming questions and some logical coding questions which you can understand and answer over phone   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Round 1: HR person contacts you for ask for a suitable time for tech interview
    Round 2: Interview is computer/phone regarding the past projects and analytical question
    After this you are contacted by the HR person if you got selected

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe past projects
      2. What was your role specifically
      3. What do you know about BlackBerry
      4. Analytical Questions like these
      https://www.quora.com/There-are-8-balls-7-of-them-weigh-the-same-1-of-them-has-a-different-weight-you-dont-know-if-its-heavier-or-lighter-How-do-you-find-the-odd-ball-with-2-weighs   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

One Interview that was organized through my school's job board system. I was contacted by email for the interview. I showed up an the interview was only 15 mins long.

Interview Questions

• Questions Regarding Java's garbage collector and how it behaves.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through school (Jobmine) and waited for a month. Then I had a 30-minute phone interview with one of the tech leader. Very few tech questions, basically they were asking about every detail about each of your project. Also one or two behaviour question.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced when working on projects?   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Interview was a 2 on 1 interview.Very team dependant. Interviewer will be your direct manager and interview totally depends on him. Straight forward interview with a few coding questions. Nothing too difficult. My interviewer was my direct supervisor and another person from the same team. Interviewers were casual and helpful. Over all a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Sort a string with integers and numbers leaving integers and numbers   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.