Alcon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Alcon Interview Questions

Interviews at Alcon

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alcon.

Interview

I was called and interviewed by all of the managers at the plant. They asked very basic questions - it was a very easy interview, and they were all very kind.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcon (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

First round is through phone--talked to a few engineers, mostly behavioral questions (describe a situation where a teammate was not performing adequately, etc...)
    Second round was in person interview, talked to 4 different people. Questions were more technical and it took about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is the last thing that you fixed? How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Senior Tech Transfer Engineer - Alcon 10587259 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alcon (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Scheduled interview with individual named Travis Ougzin for Transfer Engineer position and it turns out he is interviewing for design engineer to design fixture and questions he asked had nothing to do with actual job advertised.
    He was so in rush in interviewing that I feel like he has no interest talking/hiring people with accent, although I has the exact experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Can you design fixtures? without providing any details of what kind fixtures   1 Answer

R&D Interview

Interview

Very friendly! Applied online and attended a recruiting event on campus in which I met a recruiter and spoke to her about my interest in the company. I had a phone interview within one month and was told I am moving on to a video interview that same day.

Engineer Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interviews - 1) HR phone screening, 2) Hiring manager phone interview, 3) Three rounds of interviews with manager and senior engineers on-campus that lasted an entire afternoon

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you solved a problem.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcon in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with talent recruiter. The woman I spoke with was very informative and made sure all my questions were answered. She first let me know what all was involved with the internship and then told me about which sector of the company she thought I would fit in best.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

This was a truly odd candidate experience. I was contacted by recruiter six months after I applied, so I had forgotten about my application. After a number of phone interviews I traveled to Ft Worth for an all day final interview. It seemed well organized (ie travel booking, etc) with some big hiccups (like they didn’t tell me I’d need to pay for hotel and get reimbursed). After this, I didn’t hear a peep from them for almost two weeks, which is quite unprofessional.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon in November 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and had a brief discussion about the role and opportunity. The hiring manager interviewed over the telephone for 45mins. Onsite interviews with different groups for about 4 hours. Received an offer after initial negotiations. Overall positive experience and recruiter is very proactive in providing updates throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• The telephone interview is a technical and skills test. Onsite interviews are mostly behavior type questions, your experience and how it's fitting to the job opportunity.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alcon (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

Two Rounds: Phone and In-Person interview. After phone screening, I was asked to go for in-person next week. In-Person interview was 45 minutes long, after the interview hiring manager took me to meet her team and other labs to understand what they do.

Interview Questions

• Ques: Why should we hire you? Have you worked in multidisciplinary projects?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcon in October 2019.

Interview

Basic STAR Method questions. They called me at first as an initial screening and then sent an email to apply for job listings
    Good conversation if you're up for it. The initial screening was normal and was not in depth. She asked how I heard of Alcon, why I wanted to be in with them, and who I talked to at the Career Fair

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.