Achievement First Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Achievement First Interview Questions

Interviews at Achievement First

3.3

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First (Cranston, RI (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a very pleasant interview the person on the phone made feel so smoother it made the process feel less stressful and mademe feel very comfortable Imwas pleased to have someone that was kindlyn answering all my questions

Interview Questions

• Will be any issue to work from 7 until 3:30?   7 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Achievement First (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1) phone screen
    2) skype interview
    3) 5 in-person interviews (all in one day)

The whole process was very quick. Quick response after submitting application and then the whole process moved forward very quickly. AF really goes after talented people that they think would be a good match. Very transparent throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences managing projects   1 Answer

Associate Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (Providence, RI (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Although I enjoyed the process and felt it was a learning process, it was the longest interview process I've experienced for a job. There are many steps which validates that the school does care about who they hire and care about who they are adding to the team. With that said at times some questions were repetitive due to having more than one application to complete. Overall it was a learning process for me and I have more knowledge even before starting the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are some schools in low income communities successful and others are not?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (New Haven, CT (US)).

Interview

Basic questions on teaching and curriculum design. Very fast paced and clear. Be sure to know about the common core standards and be specific in answering scenario questions. Be honest and do not apply if your intention is not to put students first. Very intense and straightforward so do your homework and review the website. overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios.....what do you look for during observations   1 Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

i had to do a demo lesson 30 min.When you interview for a teaching job, you may be expected to interview with a variety of different constituents. You could interview with a panel, which could include the school principal, administrative staff, other teachers, and parents. Or, the interview could be with a search committee charged with screening applicants prior to a formal interview for the job.

You might also be asked to teach a mini lesson to a group of students, or teachers pretending to be students, during your interview. Be sure that you know exactly what you need to prepare for each interview.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First in April 2018.

Interview

30 minute screening phone interview followed by a 4 hour finalist day which included sample teach prep, a live demo lesson with active feedback, as well as lesson debrief and work life scenario questions with the principal/recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Role Play Scenario: Address a colleague who is frustrated with a new responsibility given to them for student dismissal time. They don't feel confident and comfortable doing the task and they were put off by the approach the directive was given to them (email).   1 Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

After an informal informational interview with an acquaintance who teaches at Achievement First, she referred me to AF and within a day or two they contacted me to ask for my resume and schedule a phone screening. At the end of the half-hour screening, I was asked to complete a job application and provide three references within the next few days. AF contacted me to schedule a half-hour follow-up phone interview very soon thereafter, at which my AF recruiter discussed with me various jobs for which I might be considered, making sure I had the opportunity to specify which I wished to be considered for. Within a day or so, my recruiter reached out to schedule a finalist day interview, at which I would be visiting the school to do a 20-minute teaching presentation for a group of AF students and to interview formally with the principal. I had the opportunity to tour the school and sit in on classes during that visit as well. Within a week of my finalist day, I had received an offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you received critical feedback and how you responded to it. (I was asked this question in regard to both *constructive* and *unconstructive* critical feedback at various points.)   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Achievement First (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

When i arrived I got a tour of the school and a glimpse of some classroom teaching. Then I had about 20 min. To review my lesson for my demo. During my demo, the recruiter, principal, and one of the coaches were present in the back just cuing the time left i had for the lesson. After the demo, the questions part of the demo took about 1.5 hours but it felt very welcoming.

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First.

Interview

I completed a written assignment, participated in a phone interview before being invited for a face-to-face interview and demonstration lesson. --- ---- --- ---- ---- ----- ------ ----- ----- ------ ----- ----- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --- --- ---

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First (Providence, RI (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I Had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The women who conducted the interview spent time to tell me about the schools goals, mission, and culture. She was very nice and seemed excited about working for Achievement first.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.