Achievement First Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Achievement First Interview Questions

Interviews at Achievement First

3.3

Director Interview

Interview

I understand that no person will move forward in all searches. However, I applied for several roles at AF over time and interviewed each time which means that there must be a fit somewhere. Still, I was unsuccessful in each case. The third time I was interviewed it was actually the company that had reached out to me. However, the recruiter got back to me, after the interview, and said that, because the role was similar to the second to which I applied, the HR “team” would not be moving me forward. I ask that AF therefore better align their HR functions/communication among team members. While I don’t mind speaking with organizations multiple times, it would be nice to know that the conversation isn’t a waste of time before it was even had. Also, in the second interview, we spent a lot of time discussing X but I was told that I would not be moving forward because of Y. I appreciate the feedback which I can use in interviews moving forward, However, had I known I did not discuss Y to full measure at the time of interview, and I did ask about any holes in my interview, I could have discussed this. I therefore ask that AF consider additional ways to solicit information from candidates if it feels that it is not receiving it....perhaps have certain scripted questions it can make sure are answered.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First in June 2020.

Interview

It was a thorough interview process and AF followed up quickly. They were always clear about timelines, what to expect, etc. My interviewers were kind and personable - easy to connect with. My first recruiter shared that the organization has shifted in recent years to develop a more positive approach to discipline and away from "no excuses." I later could tell from the verbal commands suggested in the sample lesson and the feedback on my teaching that the classroom culture continues to be rigid and control each and every move of students. My impression is that the warm and supportive environment they advertise is an effort to distance themselves from a highly criticized approach to discipline, but in reality little has changed. From teaching my sample lesson, it was clear that the classroom culture is centered on highly rigid discipline, but it is now advertised as aspirational values about choosing joy in learning. I suggest you research the reputation of the organization and decide if it's the best fit for your approach to education. I was surprised/concerned by additional information that I found after my interview.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First.

Interview

It was smooth and the recruiter prepared me for my lesson and the interview. The principal was a tough interviewer but he was fair and clarified his motives around the tough questions.

Interview Questions

• What challenges or opportunities do you see with working with a mostly white staff with black and brown children?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First.

Interview

The interview process for Achievement First was very thorough. The process began with a phone call from a recruiter who mainly gauged my interest in the program, gave me more details about the job and asked questions of me to see if I would be a good fit. This part of the process was very beneficial to me because I initially applied for a different position but after this conversation we both realized that I would be better fit in a different, and in my opinion better position. Then I had a phone interview with another member of the recruitment team which was very comprehensive. The interview consisted of a lot of give and take which I really loved because I learned just as much about Achievement First as they learned about me and by the time that I was offered a finalist interview, I was already pretty much sold on the culture. A few days before my finalist interview, that same recruiter reached out to me to see if I had any questions and just to help prepare me for what to expect in the interview. This made me feel set up for success and confident going into the final interview. The final interview consisted of a teaching demonstration and some question/answer with a recruiter and the principal. Overall, I was very impressed with the interview process. It was a good feeling to feel desired as a potential employee, and that is something that I have never experienced before.

Interview Questions

• How do you gain authority in the classroom?   1 Answer

Resident Teacher Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out and scheduled an informal 30-minute phone interview, which was followed by an application with essay questions, then a longer scheduled virtual interview including preparing a lesson plan.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First (New York, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

After a recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin, we had a phone interview. The second step of the process was an interview and demo lesson with the principal and a dean from the specific school that was interested (which would have been in person if not for a pandemic.) Then, they called and I was hired. I appreciate that they supported me along every step of the way to make sure I was ready for my demo lesson and had everything I needed.

Resident Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First (Providence, RI (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Interview was well put together. 2 phone interviews then a final interview with the principal and other figures giving a demo lesson. Also had another one where I practiced in front of a recruiter before my final.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Achievement First.

Interview

It's pretty easy, different teams will take your interview and will select you if you fit into the culture and have your fundamentals clear. Looking for a candidate that is willing to learn and show the motivation.

Drama Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First.

Interview

Had a lovely phone interview with multiple important questions regarding my philosophy and values. This led to a finalist interview which would normally be in person and include a tour and fifteen minute demo lesson in addition to discussing some materials they sure with you!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Achievement First.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I was guided along by someone throughout the process who even called me in between my phone interview and my on campus one to see where things were at. I was given the opportunity to tour the campus as well as teach a 20 minute guest lesson. After my lesson I was provided a detailed debriefing on my lesson as well a time to answer interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be apart of Achievement First?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.