Switchfly Reviews

Updated 22 Jan 2020

3.8
Switchfly CEO Craig Brennan (no image)
Craig Brennan
Cons
  1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Unlimited PTO and Flexible Work Hours -Free lunch once a week -Great leadership -Work Life Balance -Great Health Plan -Transparency -New Work space -Growing company with lots of growth -Friendly co-workers

Cons

-Not enough people to work on back log of projects (but this addressed as we are hiring like crazy)

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Leadership Flexible work hours, office in SF, Denver or remote Discretionary time off Exciting new business growth Positive team environment Listen and respect employees Work with top travel companies

Cons

Would like to have more team events

January 20, 2020VP Human Resources

Happy that you are part of the team!

3. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Santiago

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Even though you are remote you feel part of the company. - Constant change adapting to the market. -Learn something every single day-

Cons

It has its issues as all companies but overall good place to be if you want to learn and grow professionally.

Continue reading
  4. "A great place to work with a bright future"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for more than a year

Pros

A growing travel related SaaS company. Focused, knowledgable leadership. Talented, friendly co-workers. Exciting development environment. SAFe Agile, Java, Git, Jira, etc... Company paid lunch once a week. Flexible work hours and discretionary time off. New location soon within walking distance of Union Station.

Cons

The upcoming move to a new location in Denver with a better working environment eliminates my only con.

January 20, 2020VP Human Resources

We are thankful that you are part of our team - 2020 will bring a lot of exciting things to Switchfly!

5. "Great Leadership, Great Environment"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

New Leadership Focused New Funding Great career opportunities Growing business, growing client base Flexible work and office schedule, great time off benefits and excellent pay

Cons

I've been here almost one year and have not had a bad experience throughout the organization

January 20, 2020VP Human Resources

The focus is visible with the new leadership and I am glad you are also experiencing it. 2020 will be an exciting year for us - glad to be part of this team with you.

6. "Growing Company in an exciting industry."

Current Employee - New Executive Level in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture Willing to listen Road Map to Sucess Great Office Locations Lunches and Snacks GREAT HEALTH CARE PLAN. Great 401K.

Cons

Paying down technical debt is hard but in a way fun for a lot of people.

January 20, 2020VP Human Resources

Our benefits and matching 401(k) really are such great perks here for sure! Our future is looking brighter than it has in a long time - lots of positive energy! Happy to be part of this team with you.

7. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Finance in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for less than a year

Pros

Enthusiastic energy, especially from the CEO, Craig. Everyone is nice, especially the finance team. A lot of new people and the company is rapidly hiring.

Cons

Some Tech Debt and the travel software industry is difficult to understand.

January 9, 2020VP Human Resources

We are happy to have you on our team and look forward to a successful 2020!

8. "DO NOT EVEN WALK IN THE DOOR"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Development in Denver, CO

I worked at Switchfly full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good energy from the leadership at the very top; talented individuals (who constantly leave or are forced out) who do the work.

Cons

Where to begin?! The company has a culture of dishonesty - within and without. Middle management is completely dysfunctional and doesn't even try to enable success. Very rigid and dismissive attitudes from all of the "climbers" who think that by being weird, rude, and opaque, can rise somehow. The culture is one of fear - literally. This fear is warranted on the part of contributors, earned by executives, and perpetuated at every level in between. Conflict within and between each division of the company keeps things from running smoothly, and personalities and politics rule the day for most personnel decisions.

December 18, 2019VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid feedback. I sincerely apologize that you had some negative experiences at Switchfly. We have really come a long way in a short period of time and are making great strides to level up our culture.

9. "Great things are happening at Switchfly!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for more than a year

Pros

New CEO - immediately building relationships with clients and coworkers, understands the business and culture, positive changes made in short amount of time, very approachable. New customers = new exciting opportunities. Transitioning to key development methodology. Working with fantastic people in great locations.

Cons

Interview process can be intense but when looking for the best people need to be thorough. A lot of changes occurring but for very good reasons.

September 17, 2019VP Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for noticing all the efforts being made. Change takes time and we appreciate your patience. Exciting things ahead!

10. "Growing pains but very bright future in sight"

Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Switchfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

> Core product (travel platform) is robust and adaptable to a wide range of clients - and teaches you so much about ancillary travel > You work with some of the best names in the Airline, Hotel and Financial Services business - around the world > A lot of dedicated, fun and positive co-workers that go out of their way to help each other work through solutions > Truly the best boss I've ever had in 20+ years, and quite a few folks that I genuinely care about a lot - something you don't always see! > The realization that this company is growing like gangbusters and it should be an awesome future ahead

Cons

> Big changes in place. New CEO and Head of Product - both really sharp folks who get it. New way of handing development. What that means is a lot of changes and moving folks around. It hasn't been easy. But theres a purpose to it that associates realize will lead to a better framework moving forward. > Company needs to hire ASAP! Theres so much work/demand, which is a great thing - however between great new clients and deserving current ones, there is a real issue with demand vs capacity that needs help. > The company is spread out over many locations (SF, Denver, remote) - which is not a bad thing - however there needs to be a better cadence of communication and alignment to keep everyone 'in the know'

September 17, 2019VP Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience! We hope you see our commitment to hiring! It is a main focus for our organization! We also have an amazing employee referral program!

Found 57 reviews