Found 5,963 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People were great and positive" (in 290 reviews)
- "Flexible Hours and Good First Job" (in 213 reviews)
- "Free food and slushies and the people I worked with were probably the only pros for me." (in 183 reviews)
- "Great environment and coworkers and pays well" (in 154 reviews)
- "The money was good and long" (in 130 reviews)
- "Low pay a lot of hours and constant staffing issues which leads up with horrible customers" (in 418 reviews)
- "management is bad and not organized" (in 407 reviews)
- "•the manager was rude and very mean" (in 210 reviews)
- "Was paid less than minimum wage and considered a tipped employee even though I hardly made tips" (in 75 reviews)
- "No benefits to speak of" (in 72 reviews)
- 5.08 Aug 2023Owner OperatorFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Great support and infrastructure to help nurture a winning franchise! Various options to help you establish the operations system you desire. Highly experienced professionals throughout the company that do everything they can to help you thrive. Amazing network of Franchisees that are very kinda helpful, and experienced! In general many amazing folks to work from top to bottom, people are the life blood of Sonic!
Managing labor can be exhausting(Proper training is essential, which Sonic helps tremendously here too), a great manager is worth their weight in gold. For true profitability need multiple units. Food markets can go up and down, as well as external pressures can be a tailwind or headwind to consumer behavior. Consumers can sometimes be ignorant of challenges operating business(Community engagement is key here.).
- 1.018 Sept 2023Sonic CarhopFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDuarte, CA
This job did pay well and offered a lot of hours as one became better at their job.
I was called a carhop but I did everything. I was essentially a shift leader but was not paid for it. I made ice cream, car-hopped, took orders, did drive-through alone when it was busy, did kitchen, and ran the shift. I did everything for several years and was not paid enough to endure that stress and do that job. At one point on a Wednesday morning I juggled the drive-through, and carhop, took orders, and helped customers. I did everything in the store at once beside kitchen, meaning online orders as well. I decided to quit because I refused to be expected to do this without the correct motivation. I was overworked and taken advantage of. This job will push you to your limits and continue to yell at you.1
Sonic Reviews FAQs
Sonic has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 6,115 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at Sonic to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
46% of Sonic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sonic 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.