Pulse (UK) Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Aug 19, 2019

3.9
Pulse (UK) CEO Richard MacMillan
Richard MacMillan
Pros
  • "Having been part of the Pulse family for 10 years I am proud to work for such a great company(in 24 reviews)

• "Clear career progression, which is mapped out in a career pathway(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pulse give everyone the tools to be able to thrive in a buzzy, fast paced, stressful environment should they be willing to put the work in(in 15 reviews)

• "Lack of career progression or a clear pathway after initial promotions(in 6 reviews)

"Unfortunate management."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with a are great and are very supportive. The social scene fantastic, especially for younger workers looking for a good time in London.

Cons

False promises from management and bonuses not being paid out, even after being told that we will get them in our next pay. Management do not care about the inappropriate behavior from coworkers and only care about gross margin not about the well being of employees.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a change in management, a lot of managers are getting paid but don't know what for.

Pulse (UK)2019-08-19

"A once great company that has lost its way"

Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There were some great people within the business. The CEO is a great leader, but his senior management let him down.

Cons

I worked for Pulse for over 10 years and the reviews I have seen on here do not reflect the poor treatment that I have seen happen especially over the last 2 years. The division I worked in had no direction or strategy. Poor decisions at senior management level lead to losing many major contracts and candidates. It all could have been different if they had listened to the staff who were on the ground who knew the... market. This once great company who I absolutely loved working for let me down. Lack of support to do my job efficiently, poor communication, and being left to keep staff moral high after changes being made to the business that I had no say in. No career progression- a career pathway was spoken about and promised for over 3 years which never materialised. The bonus structure is an absolute joke for what is supposed to a recruitment company! finally the company of late has lost some really good employees who worked hard and grew the business at its peak, these employees were loyal and stayed because they wanted to see the company get to that success again, but you let them down. I'm still waiting for my exit interview so I thought I'd write a review.

Advice to Management

Communication is key to engaging with your staff. Senior management, if you are walking into a branch maybe speak to the team instead of walking into an office and shutting the door. Remember, People buy people. Engage with your staff and understand the challenges they face. Look at the rewards package, it does not match your competitors.

Pulse (UK)2019-08-03
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Contract Coordinator in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with wonderful people

Cons

I haven’t experienced anything negative, so cons to state.

Advice to Management

None

Pulse (UK)2019-05-28
  4. "Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pulse have put in place a great career pathway, which means you are in control of what you want to achieve in your career and the timescale in which to achieve it. There is a high level of on-going personal developement which is personally tailored rather than just attending generic training sessions.

Cons

Parking can sometimes be limited

Pulse (UK)2019-04-03
  5. "Pulse Nursing teams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Having been part of the Pulse family for 10 years I am proud to work for such a great company. You have autonomy and trust to help grow the business, open communication and so much in terms of benefits from a simple thank you, through to an amazing Christmas party.

Cons

Very few, the nature of what we do = fast pace and often a busy environment, but if you work hard the pros certainly out weigh the cons

Advice to Management

Keep listening and keep evolving

Pulse (UK)2019-03-01
  6. "Anonymous"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

Awesome colleagues, dedicated case managers and care-coordinators

Cons

Offices getting shut down, losing dedicated staff

Advice to Management

Stop being so worried about money

Pulse (UK)2019-03-13
  7. "Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent company to work for with lots of support. Great opportunities for promotion.

Cons

There isn’t anything to mention

Advice to Management

Promote staff figures to the branch

Pulse (UK)2019-02-21
  8. "Good place to start"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

good training offered by management and other employees. good office atomsphere

Cons

commission is low but can be built up over a long time.

Advice to Management

get to meaty parts of training sooner

Pulse (UK)2019-03-07
  9. "Excellent environment to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King's Cross, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great on boarding Clear career progression Compared to other recruitment companies great work life balance Always looking for feedback from staff Investment in staff and technology to support business performance rather than cost cutting

Cons

Sometimes can be demotivating when you see others who don't put as much effort in as yourself be allowed to get away with it

Advice to Management

Deal with the one or two bad eggs and environment will further improve

Pulse (UK)2019-02-16
  10. "Lovely place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pulse has a great training programme for new starters and continues to support you throughout your career with regular training & upsklling on market changes. Great incentives in place to keep us motivated whether it be the ability to win a £10 voucher or a trip away! There is always opportunity for you to grow with a clear career pathway. Enjoyable office with a great buzz! Overall a great place to work!!

Cons

Nothing significant that I need to share!!

Pulse (UK)2019-02-04