Presence Reviews

Found 183 of over 268 reviews

3.7
Presence CEO Kate Eberle Walker
Kate Eberle Walker
Pros
  • "Can work from home as a 1099 contractor(in 44 reviews)

• "PresenceLearning is a very supportive, fun place to work(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Corporate didn't always do great to express that it valued therapists(in 15 reviews)

• "HUGE pay cuts issued as a unilateral corporate decision without respect or regard to clinicians or the national shortage of(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good company- Poor compensation

Oct 1, 2022 - Speech Language Pathologist
      Business Outlook

Pros

-very good platform for scheduling/billing -amazing support team -good clinical empowerment managers

Cons

When I asked for more money they gave me a $1 per hour raise but offered a therapist I referred to the company $5 more than me an hour. When I asked why they told me it was from a compensation calculator that they could not explain.

2. 4.0

Presence slp

Sep 24, 2022 - Special Education - Speech Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have flexibility, can make own schedule

Cons

There are no health benefits

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Aug 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of support, flexible, and growth opportunities

Cons

None. Lots of hours available depending on licensed states.

4. 3.0

Remote position

Aug 18, 2022 - Speech Language Pathologist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote position, with flexible work conditions

Cons

The contracts with schools do not ensure the schools are prepared to facilitate teletherapy

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Teletherapy Experience, Concerns About Reputation, Transparency, and EBP Support

Aug 3, 2022 - Speech Language Pathologist
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Flexible schedule and telecommute: You probably won't find anything more flexible in our field. 2)Competitive pay: Comparable to brick and mortar NPA. 3)Excellent telehealth resources for therapists that make teletherapy a highly effective and enjoyable way to practice. 4) They try to create a sense of community by bringing everyone together virtually several times a year. 5)Excellent clinical support in the form of office hours and workshops offered year round. 6)Excellent technical support: If you are afraid to try teletherapy due to your experience with "distance learning", forget the harrowing experience of distance learning because Presence technical support makes it a breeze for therapists, schools, and families. 7)Innovative: Exciting to be apart of a company that constantly tries to improve its processes and resources.

Cons

1)Recent bad press: In 2020, the company settled in a case with California Attorney General for engaging "in false advertising and misrepresentations regarding its services over a period of several years". In 2022, the company was ordered to pay Super Duper $3.25M in a copyright and trademark infringement suit. I was concerned about being associated with a company that had this kind of recent bad press. 2)Additional supports needed to help all team members get on board with the latest in gold standard practices: Compared with other local NPAs which provide trainings to clinicians about best practices in serving culturally and linguistically diverse students in a particular region, Presence was less proactive in my experience about supporting their clinicians in being well informed in this area. I saw many examples of inappropriate goals for ELL and multilingual students or completion of evals of culturally and linguistically diverse students using only standardized testing or only a single language. Detailed case histories and interviews were often missing. I feel this will become an issue for the company in future in the more litigious states, and it made me concerned about the reputation of the company during my time working there. 3)Need for more transparency with clinicians: A few of us clinicians were recently faced with having to advocate for ourselves against a pay cut that came without notice. I had been told by the recruiter that there was no minimum commitment for hours, but then the company changed this policy without sending out a memo or announcement. Sometimes you end up with an assignment that would exceed the hours you offered because the company was not clear about the nature of the assignment (e.g., backlogged evals, giving you clients who have an IEP due last month w/o notice); while you will get paid for the extra work it is frustrating to have to push back when you made your availability clear. For some assignments I was paid to attend district trainings that were required to learn how to navigate the school's IEP system, while in other assignments I was not; this was not made clear in advance. They recently cut team meetings for clinicians despite our requests for them, without notice or explanation. 4)Need for more knowledgeable supervision and resources in terms of the details of practicing in a specific state: I experienced a few assignments that were managed by someone who was unclear on the best practices for a specific state for legally defensible IEPs and evaluations. Additional resources are needed for clinicians who practice across state lines to be familiar with local expectations for best practice as case managers.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0

decent in a pinch

Aug 8, 2022 - Speech Therapist in Montclair, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

no one hovering over you, felt supported

Cons

low pay, no room for negotiation at beginning

7. 4.0

Wonderful Work Culture and Work Life Balance

May 17, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive environment Collaborative Input is taken into consideration by those in management Valued for your work and personally Remote work can be done anywhere

Cons

Growth trajectory could be better No bonus structure or raises Would like to be paid more for the work I do

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Director

May 17, 2022 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and purpose to the company. Fabulous, driven leadership

Cons

Can be difficult to find therapists and that means some students can't be served.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

May 17, 2022 - Writer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Much diversity of employees Work from Home Supported by Supervisors and other personnel

Cons

Some weekend work during the busier times

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Outsider Perspective

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

My company was acquired by Presence Learning. I can not find any pros based on my experience. I question if any of the recent positive reviews are real as they appear to cover up negative feedback like one reviewer mentioned.

Cons

1. Execs are far removed from the mission and solely focused on elevating their names and the monetary gain using the guise of ‘caring’ about Special Education 2. Execs take advantage of their employees, everyone is overworked and stressed out working under chaotic conditions 3. Significant turnover is a huge red flag 4. Execs make decisions without regard for how it impacts their employees 5. Execs don’t take any ownership for any of the above

7 people found this review helpful

Presence Response

Senior Manager, People Operations

Thank you for your review and the opportunity to respond. As mentioned, PresenceLearning recently acquired GlobalTeletherapy. We are very excited and optimistic about the integration of the two organizations. With such a big change comes a level of uncertainty, a significant amount of iteration, and additional work to align both organizations. However, our Leadership Team recognizes we must be both strategic and thoughtful as we integrate. We encourage you to reach out to your respective stakeholder with questions, concerns or ideas, as we are open to all of the above. As an organization we are all here to support school teams, offer fulfilling work for therapists, and ultimately to serve more students. While we understand the anonymous nature of this forum, please know that we do welcome you to reach out to HR or your manager directly to have a conversation and discuss your specific concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 183 Reviews

Presence Reviews FAQs

Presence has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 268 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Presence to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Presence employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Presence. This rating has decreased by -17% over the last 12 months.

74% of Presence employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Presence 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Presence Job Seekers