GetYourGuide Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Dec 2, 2019

4.0
GetYourGuide CEO Johannes Reck
Johannes Reck
Pros
  • "My favourite thing about GetYourGuide is that the company culture and values are taken seriously(in 15 reviews)

• "Free Breakfast and snacks and nice enough people(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Customer service employees scramble to compete to apply for higher paid roles(in 6 reviews)

• "a bit low salary level, 15% less of the ideal motivating salary(in 6 reviews)

"Limited vision, poor-quality"

I worked at GetYourGuide full-time

Pros

- Terrible senior leadership but lovely colleagues

Cons

- No upward mobility or career growth - Closed-minded leadership, systemic sexism - Huge disparity in salaries - High churn - Confusion in growth goals; quick but unsustainable growth approach

GetYourGuide2019-01-13
  2. "Very good employee with exciting challenges and amazing colleauges"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zürich

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very nice office, exciting projects and room for initiatives and ownership. Nice colleagues!

Cons

Most people work in the Berlin office. Collaboration cross location can be tricky sometimes.

GetYourGuide2019-12-02

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Engineer in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is great and productive. There's no mindless pressure, but management trusts us to deliver results. Upper management actually practices what the company culture preaches, so there's no cognitive dissonant. I joined a great team, that includes management and the CTO. That actually helped me decide to join here.

Cons

I don't really know much yet about my career path. And it is not easy for a foreigner to adjust to Berlin, but that's not the companies fault (and there isn't anything wrong with Berlin for that matter, quite the opposite).

GetYourGuide2019-11-20
  4. "100 % Recommendation to work here!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very nice company with a great culture. The process in HR are very well defined and teams are perfectly aligned with the company's goals. Ver nice Onboarding sessions, where you can be inmmerse in what GetYour Guide offers as a product. Breakfast included that is very appreciate, global updates, amazing team Culture and different ways to improve in terms of inclusion, professionalism, opportunities to grow in your... career. 100% recommended

Cons

More benefits as educational budget and offices with more confortable spaces for employees. It's understandable that as we moved recently, there are still some many changes coming up.

GetYourGuide2019-11-22
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and challenging problems

Cons

Growing at scale implies cost of alignment and culture change

GetYourGuide2019-10-24
  6. "Not recommended"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some part of the people but not everybody

Cons

You can not have your own ideas because you will be punished and maybe even fired. A lot of things appear very fake and artificial. The senior management seems to be very tired. You dont see good energy and vibes. Some people pretend to be your friend but they want to put a knife in your back. This company is since 10 years on the market and still does not make any profit, very suspect...

GetYourGuide2019-11-29
  7. "Great Employer, exciting projects"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Clear mission from senior leadership - Great colleagues and collaborative environment - Strong Culture - Challenging projects - Freedom to do the job and challenge the status quo - Open communication

Cons

Sometimes lack of structure due to the massive growth

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback and maintain the open communication

GetYourGuide2019-10-07

"Exciting, fast growing company with lots of opportunity for personal growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth. Tight recruitment process means you'll be working with some of he best in your field. Amazing office in a great location. Good perks. Very open communication for a company of this size, which regular meetings on all-company performance and objectives.

Cons

Hypergrowth can be difficult. Things change fast and you can either find it an exciting challenge or a little unsettling.

GetYourGuide2019-09-29

"More cons than pros"

I worked at GetYourGuide full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, free breakfasts, free soft drinks, beers on Friday (limited)

Cons

Politics, favoritism, no learning opportunities, tasks are getting more limited as the company grows, you are expected to work extra hours in most departments (not paid), VPs are literally saying that they are ok if people leave

Advice to Management

Concentrate on a staff retention rate instead of having next round of investments

GetYourGuide2019-09-27
  10. "Love where you’re working!"

Current Employee - B2B Affiliate Partner Representative in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve been working at GetYourGuide for a couple of months now, but I feel like I’ve known my team for ages! The young vibrant atmosphere is something unique to start-ups in general but GYG knows how to make its employees feel happy and satisfied with their job. The working environment is relaxed (even though everyone works hard) and international: people literally come from every corner of the planet, meaning that... you’ll never get bored! Friday updates with pizza&beer or team buildings are also part of GYG lifestyle. I would add that being a fast growing start-up enables employees to strengthen their knowledge, face new challenges and explore different career paths.

Cons

Being a company that is growing so fast means also feeling a little overwhelmed by all the new people coming on board, which is amazing but scary at the same time. I am pretty curious to find out how GYG will look like in a couple of years.

Advice to Management

As far as I could experience, it is pretty easy to reach out to any manager in the company. At least you have the change to open up about issues that you’re encountering and try to find a solution.

GetYourGuide2019-09-11