Esurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Dec 9, 2019

3.8
Esurance CEO Jonathan Adkisson
Jonathan Adkisson
Pros
  • "Definitely apply to this company if you want a positive day to day work/life balance(in 57 reviews)

• "Growing opportunities, Work from home, Sups with open doors(in 48 reviews)

1. "Work hard, do well"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Richardson, TX

I worked at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, ample opportunities to promote

Cons

Very demanding, poor work life balance

Advice to Management

When your adjusters are happy, your customers are happy. Better benefits, on-site resources like a gym, a nursing room, a non-stimulus room, etc.

Esurance2019-12-05

"average"

Former Employee - Software Engineer Senior in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

wlb great. stable. flexible hours. easy commute.

Cons

politics. average pay. less benefits.

Esurance2019-12-09

"Decent Company - High Volume"

Former Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster

I worked at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management Competitive Salary

Cons

High Volume High expectations On top of addressing liability - expected to address all coverage issues, settle total loss and address dim val

Advice to Management

Go back to having more departments to put less pressure on adjusters.

Esurance2019-11-14
  4. "Great direction"

I worked at Esurance full-time

Pros

They are moving in a great direction for customer support. Everything is monitored and critiqued for the customer.

Cons

Everything constantly monitored and critiqued

Esurance2019-10-27

"If you’re hard up take this job, if you’re not you should keep searching."

Former Employee - Customer Care Advocate in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Esurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training for this job is some of the best you’ll get.

Cons

After training is over, you can kiss any notion that this company cares about you goodbye. They coddle you until you’re trained and then switch gears. You are truly treated like a number instead of a person and burnout happens quickly because of this. There’s also a lot of placating going on - you can tell everyone you have a problem but until it actually affects the customer no one’s going to listen. They care a... lot about the customer which is fabulous, but not too much about the employee.

Advice to Management

Take a breath, slow down, treat your employees like you actually care whether they stay or leave.

Esurance2019-11-03

"HR is a Joke"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are some really great leaders scattered throughout the company on the base supervisor level. I have worked under a few who really inspired me to go, do, and be better.

Cons

In my years of working there, HR is a joke. A life was threatened in training and it took a months to fire the aggressor. I also know some friends with harassment claims that were filed and never taken seriously after on man went after different women. The ones I know who complained were either blackballed from leadership, or harassed into leaving their position or the company. HR takes days or months to resolve... disputes or complaints, and takes no serious action against those who are complained about. It was a joke for my friends whose whole lives were affected by the harassment. The harassor still works there. The amazing people that entered or where with the company caught on to the cooperate favoritism game and left quickly, all within about a year. The departments are siloed and you never talk to anyone else outside your department unless you ask for it, and it’s like pulling teeth to get time off the phones to get anytime to learn about other positions. Breaking into leadership is also a joke. If you don’t fit the “mold” or right dress, right hair maintenance, right personality, or right friends on the leadership circle, you have no hope of moving up. It’s ridiculous. If you do, you are the favorite for a while until a new bright and shiny personality makes a move or impression bigger that yours and a new leader steps in to take your place at the top. We play a constant popularity contest trying to make good with the supervisors, managers, and directors. A few friends were gene blackballed in mainstream service departments, and once they moved departments, flourished and took flight because someone gave them the opportunity to grow and learn! Now those individuals are the model examples, but the mainstream service leaders will never take the chance to see it. Disciplinary action is completely biased and the guidelines can be super flexible. Mine, or my peers “points” may or may not be waived based on how good my relationship is with my boss. Don’t work here, unless you know how to brown nose to all the supervisors and managers and know how to manipulate the situation your way. Very clear favorites among us lower folk as those who are “special” are constantly being moved into specialty groups and teams. If not, you are never even given the opportunity to know the chance is available.

Advice to Management

I know you’re training leaders to be better leaders. Can ya’ll train your HR department how to make decisions and take harassment seriously please? This is not a joke when someone quits because they are receiving retaliation when they’ve made a claim. Learn from other companies who put their Leander’s on probation while under review, and remove the toxicity for those who are being harassed. Create equal... opportunities for people to be a part of specialty groups, and don’t base your opinion off one interaction. Don’t spread your biased opinion throughout the leadership teams. Also the benefits are expensive and terrible. Pay more of the benefits for your employees. The $2000 yearly “gift” is nothing compared to paying $900 a month for a family plan.

Esurance2019-11-21

"Worst Company to work for"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

No one to really boss you around

Cons

No one to really help you out

Esurance2019-11-18

"Not bad"

I worked at Esurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training, pay for licensing

Cons

super busy since they dont equally split the work that needs to be done on existing claims with the amount of incoming calls

Advice to Management

dont implement changes without thinking how it would affect reps metrics

Esurance2019-10-25

"Work is stressful and overwhelming. Co-workers are excellent."

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, annual bonuses, and co workers are the best

Cons

Management knows of the stress and workload and “understands” it’s difficult but does nothing to help. Constant daily meetings over nothing meanwhile work load is adding up and calls are being missed for nothing.

Advice to Management

The amount of Claims per day is nuts. We all know that’s the issue. Turnover rates are high directly because of this. Any thoughts?

Esurance2019-10-20

"Avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Associate Claims Adjuster in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Esurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, decent pay, decent benefits

Cons

Managers promoted because of inappropriate relationship with senior management. This company spends time to verify college education only to put qualified people under management with no education and no management experience. 6 month turnover for new claims adjusters. Abusive company culture where senior management calls associates in to berate them. Workload is way too much. Training is woefully inadequate. Stress... level is incredibly high. Disability accommodation request was completely ignored. No work life balance. My last day there I stayed until 5:30 even though my salaried hours were only 8-5. My manager asked why I was leaving so early. This was normal and the floor was active usually well past 7pm. I never saw a time when there were not associates working late, early, weekends. I walked out without giving two weeks notice. They also have associates who complete training fill out Glassdoor reviews to skew their ratings here. Beware.

Advice to Management

Just quit and start over. The culture is so toxic it cannot be fixed with existing management in place.

Esurance2019-11-13