52% would recommend to a friend
(5474 total reviews)
66% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and most really care about handling customer calls promptly and completely." (in 273 reviews)
- "The benefits are good and you only have to work 20 hrs. to qualify for them." (in 272 reviews)
- "training was good and some of the team leaders were good." (in 199 reviews)
- "Being able to work from home." (in 114 reviews)
- "Good work environment for freshers and" (in 97 reviews)
- "Expect to work lots of overtime to make up for poor management planning (or lack of)" (in 345 reviews)
- "Low pay and a lot of change due to needing to meet the client's needs." (in 247 reviews)
- "Low salaries that vary depending on the language and not the amount of work you do." (in 151 reviews)
- "Good managers are treated unfairly." (in 140 reviews)
- "Upper management was horrible and ill mannered" (in 80 reviews)
Found 5,474 of over 6K reviews
Updated 17 Jul 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.019 Nov 2021Technical Support AgentFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSwords
Friendly, 1 month training initially,
Pay is 10 euro per hour. Its a stressful job, dealing with irate customers. You seldom get to solve the customers broadband issue ( first time). Cumbersome software algorithms. Break times are overly monitored in this type of work. Stay for 6 months then leave, get a better job. This type of job is NOT good for your health. I'm being honest and Frank about this company.
- 2.025 Mar 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
Very good colleges in general. Social events time to time.
Lack of management. Only if you are local you will be able to become a manager. The mentors and managers are a close group, and you will only promote in you play their games. You will find it is an inverse pyramid were the most qualified and valid people are the one who does the job, and some the managers are unqualified and unprofessional unable to resolve conflicts. They don´t have consideration for good people, and you can spend your whole day doing nothing and leave the rest of your team taking your calls or chats if you are in good terms with your manager. Shocking!!! Big discrimination towards work in Spanish or Portugues markets if you are from a sudamerican country. Few people tried to change team, but the managers told their accents were not likely in such markets. People leave every few months, as the salaries are very low (again discrimination-depends what country are you from it will be your salary. Ex. If you are from France your salary will be few thousand euros more than if you come from Spain, Greek, Sudamerica or Italy. Why? We are working in the same office! When you leave they don´t provide a reference as a company policy
- 1.015 Oct 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSwords
My team leader was an amazing person who had our backs and supported us through an otherwise terrible job
Where do I begin.... Upper management show very little respect to their agents. You feel like you can't even go to the bathroom or for a cup of water without being pulled up and given out to. Some of them are so full of themselves and really need a reality check - they act like the call center is the glue that holds the world together They would sometimes only give you your schedule with less than a weeks notice meaning you can never make plans outside work...its like they don't understand agents have lifes outside work They constantly change the ways in how they operate and its your own fault if you can't read their minds. For instance they constantly flip flopped on how they want you to order new equipment or handle a complaint and once you got used to doing it one way, they would then change it! The lack of appliances in the canteen...no wifi in the canteen...no healthy options for lunch If you get stuck on a call and have to stay after your shift ends you don"t get paid or that time back but godforbid you are 1 minute late back from lunch The rate of pay is abysmal and instead of listening to their employees asking for some pay rise they just started some committee to give out free sweets once and awhile...thats how they think they hold onto staff
- 1.030 Nov 2018Call Center AgentFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSwords
Absolutely none! Not a good word to say about this place!
Where do I begin? Firstly, training does not prepare you for taking calls on the floor.. trainers think they know all and teach you nothing helpful. Once you get on the floor, you are totally on your own. Mentors do not want to help.. even when you have customers roaring at you down the phone. They all huddle in a corner laughing and giggling. If you ask a question you are made to feel stupid and incompetent. Systems frequently crash and nothing is ever done.. you are just told to restart it and hope. Pay is diabolical for the volume of calls and abuse you receive. If you get rostered on the weekend, the staff canteen has a few vending machines and a microwave.. that's it. Team Leaders are so full of their own importance. If you sit in ACW for more than 2 minutes, they are on you like a light. Even if you have been on a call for over 40 mins(which frequently happens with the constant system crashes). Hours are long with breaks too far apart. The turnover of staff is monstrous which is not surprising. I only lasted 4 weeks after I finished training and could not get out the door quick enough! Even if you are desperate for employment I wouldn't recommend!4
- 1.012 Sept 2016Technical Support EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSantry
Easy to get hired if you know more than one language. Hard to get fired. Met some really good people who have become friends for life. Better than being unemployed for a year.
Impossible to get the Pay For Performance (pfp) quarterly bonus. Management does not care at all about employees. Only one way to progress in the company: Be irish and work for the company for 5-10 years then maybe if you have brown nosed the HR's enough, you might get a promotion. Management continously take advantage of employees who can handle high volumes to cover up the fact that some employees do not do anything in the team at all. The non performing employees get catered to but if you are capable you get taken advantage of with no rewards.
- 2.027 Jan 2018Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSantry
• Great for meeting new people from other ethnic backgrounds. • Sometimes the canteen food is good.
• Low salary compared to other companies of the same industry. • Short notice on schedule changes. •Shifts are ridiculous and leave no time for balanced lifestyle. Don't expect to have a life out of work. •Managers are unorganised and blame everything on the guys above. Can't take responsibility or even attempt to improve the working conditions. •Probation process is absolutely brutal. Passing depends on your stats. You might be in probation for years at this stage. • Favouritism: If you want to climb up, you better be prepared to be best buds with your managers! Experience: Doesn't count. • Timekeeping policy is bad. Be even 5 minutes late and expect a meeting with HR and probation extention up to 3 months. • No reccommendations to other employers. Not even a reference given. • Due to all the above, very high employee turnover. People leave before you get a chance to get aquainted.
- 1.018 Nov 2018Call Centre AgentFormer Employee, less than 1 yearSantry
There is absolutely no pros bar all the staff on the floor will agree with how ridiculous the company is
I would rather be covered in cuts and go skinny dipping in Tabasco sauce than to work here again. They do not care about the staff. They allow you to be abused over the phone by countless consumers. Unfriendly work hours, no support from team leaders or anything. They set unrealistic goals and don't congratulate you if you are suceeding your targets but are quick to berate you if you are below them. The programmes used for the job always crash and never get fixed. They pay well below the average of what call centres pay with a measley 9.55, they make millions off you and all you are is a punching bag for clients. They have no respect for any staff and most management seem incompetent. You can understand now why they don't "recognise" unions because they would be torn apart by them. The turn over rate is extremely high. It's a sham of a company. Job seekers allowance is a better option than here and you retain more dignity being unemployed.3
Convergys Reviews FAQs
Convergys has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 5,612 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Convergys to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
52% of Convergys employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Convergys 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.