Found 4,603 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Chevron
I’m set to do an onsite final interview with Chevron next week. I have had a handful of final round interviews but none have come through with an offer. I have been told it is between me and 1 other person. What tips can I get to help get me the offer? I really want to get this role, it’s hybrid but it is a lot higher pay than I’m currently getting and seems like a great fit…
Got a burning question about Chevron? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Chevron employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and real" (in 496 reviews)
- "Work life balance can be good but it depends entirely on where you work and your manager" (in 359 reviews)
- "The people are great and it is evident that they really care for their employees and workers." (in 322 reviews)
- "Good pay and great to have a 9 day fortnight" (in 312 reviews)
- "Salary and good perks for direct hire" (in 186 reviews)
- "Bad management and they wanted you to sign up for a credit card instead of getting paid" (in 112 reviews)
- "Layoffs are frequent as oil and gas industry is quite volatile." (in 75 reviews)
- "Too many managers" (in 65 reviews)
- "Long hours and very hierarchal (like all big companies)" (in 47 reviews)
- "Full of nepotism" (in 27 reviews)
- 4.015 Sept 2023Drilling EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsHouston, TX
Above average compensation. Not on high end, not on low. May fall within 75th percentile, something along those lines. Majority of peers are decent work mates. Emphasis on behaviours within the work place. Does not necessarily reward cut throat behavior or results if results are acheived from steam rolling people or chopping others down at the knees. Chevron is a long term play or a stepping stone for young graduates. Won't get rich quick, but if playing the marathon game will be a lucrative career so long as you're flexible in job positions you are willing take and locations you are willing to relocate. Chevron values people and behaviours, and it overall has been a great experience thus far as turnover is minimal so those very relationships develop further over time. Time will tell whether that brings great value, but history shows relationships do.
Initially hired on with hopes and dreams of going internationally as an engineer. Those opportunities are fewer and farther between, with only a select few getting the opportunity. The opportunities, for most folks, come down to timing of when a job is available and if you've served long enough in your current role (say minimum of 3 years) to "post" for the job. There are pre-determined time periods you must stay in a job role before applying to another position. Not as simple as talking to a hiring manager and proving you can perform on their team, but have to wait formally for spring and fall job openings and align with your current supervisor to apply. The highly coveted jobs have a large pool of applicants, so it's naturally very competitive. Once folks do get an overseas job, they compete that much stronger for additional overseas jobs and the cycle continues. Hard to break in, much harder than it was in 2010 - 2013 when folks with 5 years of experience could kickstart their international career.
- 5.024 Sept 2023InternFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Great culture! Work didnt feel like work and my coworkers felt like friends. The benefits and pay are phenomenal as well.
At times people were almost too nice and it was difficult to get critical feedback.
Chevron Reviews FAQs
Chevron has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 5,932 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Chevron to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
86% of Chevron employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chevron 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.