CarGurus Reviews

Found 279 of over 307 reviews

4.2
CarGurus CEO Jason Trevisan
Jason Trevisan
Pros
  • "In what was a challenging year for everyone I couldn't have been happier to spend mine at CarGurus(in 32 reviews)

• "Free lunch, travel covered, gym, monthly happy hours - the list goes on(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "CarGurus sales organization has gone though so many changes since the pandemic has began it is unrecognizable(in 26 reviews)

• "Nothing innovative or interesting to share with dealers, and it hurt us(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Dealer account Executive

Apr 10, 2022 - Dealer Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with great people, amazing office with all bells and whistles including fully stocked kitchen and catered lunch. Quarterly team outings/ happy hours. Paid extremely well and rewarded very well when target is met and exceeded. Lots of opportunities to earn extra $$$ Mental health is treated as a priority and entire company gets one day off a quarter for self care.

Cons

Sales environment so when it’s good it’s good and when it’s tough it’s tough. Not for the faint hearted, staff turn over seems to be quite high for this reason.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company who take care of staff and reward hard work

Apr 6, 2022 - Dealer Relationship Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with CG for the last year and I have found them to have a very inclusive culture where they focus on staff wellbeing, I have been challenged and supported to learn more and grow as an individual. They reward hard work. Targets are set high but there is a lot of support and an array of products to sell. If you exceed target you are rewarded for it. The best work life balance I have had in a job yet, if you are structured it is a dream job.

Cons

We are about to move back into the office from being fully remote which will cause some difficulty.

3. 5.0

Amazing

Mar 13, 2022 - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product is simple to understand and offers excellent value compared to main competitors. KPIs are very achievable, and a 6-month ramping target is very fair. If you want a job where everyday is different and the culture is fun and challenging, this is the place to be . Management is supportive and leaves you to take responsibility for your own targets and to organise your own day. The office is in a great part of Dublin with free catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen. Pay and benefits are excellent and ahead of a lot of Tech Companies in Ireland .

Cons

Nothing really other than from June we are back in the office 3 days a week when a lot of the team are now use to full WFH

CarGurus Response

We appreciate your kind words and are glad you are enjoying our work and culture (as well as our snacks)!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Feb 10, 2022 - Senior Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with super benefits & culture

Cons

Not too many downsides to report.

CarGurus Response

Thanks for the feedback. We’re proud of our benefits and culture, and are thrilled they are working for you!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, good vibes, relaxed atmosphere, little micro-managing

Feb 9, 2022 - Sales Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Easy product to understand and sell - Low KPI's (a handful of 3 minute calls per day for instance) - Very competitive pay and benefits - Commission paid monthly - City centre office provides free breakfast, lunch and snacks daily - Extremely sound management, willing to leave you to your own devices if you put in the work - Great team culture overall, everyone helps everyone and wants everyone to succeed. They are building something special in Dublin

Cons

- Repetitive, cold calling (this is the biggest weakness) - No consultative approach here, pick up the phone and dial! (I get flashbacks of Wolf of Wall Street when I say that) - End of month gets a little stressful with pre 9am meetings every morning to discuss your daily forecasts etc.

CarGurus Response

So glad you find our Dublin office and team to be as special as we do!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great starting place for Tech Sales

Jan 29, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits including food. Nice office.

Cons

Seemed to hire anyone. Month to month targets - not quarterly

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, Great leadership

Jan 29, 2022 - Sales Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people to work with. CEO and leadership team very caring. Excellent benefits.

Cons

Tough industry to sell into but if you do the work you get the results.

CarGurus Response

Thanks for your kind words and hard work. Recognizing and rewarding Gurus' contributions is hugely important to us and a cornerstone of our culture!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exceptional Place to work - Culture would win a gold star!

Jan 13, 2022 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Support, Tools, Communication, Salaries, Benefits.

Cons

Lack of car parking but it is city centre based so thats pretty normal.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 11, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. I really enjoyed working there. The management is exceptional, Wendy was a great mentor and humble with the people. It was the first time I met a Manager VIP who was sitting on the floor with you and called you by name. She really cared about the peeps and the company. The environment was really collaborative and inclusive. Great talented people.

Cons

Unfortunately, covid happens and most of the team members were left home.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Average product, poor management

Jan 24, 2022 - Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary. Fun and supportive work environment

Cons

The company sees themselves as a major innovative disruptor to the market. They're not, the product isn't good enough to compete with auto trader. Sales management had no ideas on how to win more business other than make more calls and make more calls.

CarGurus Response

Thanks for your insight. We’re always taking steps to evolve our offerings and user experience. Feedback from Sales team members is critical to helping us do that, and our Engineering and Product teams welcome this collaboration. We hope you were able to pass your observations along!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 279 Reviews

CarGurus Reviews FAQs

CarGurus has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 307 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at CarGurus to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CarGurus employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CarGurus. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

82% of CarGurus employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CarGurus 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with CarGurus Job Seekers