Block Reviews

Found 974 of over 1,066 reviews

4.1
Block Head of Block Jack Dorsey
Jack Dorsey
Pros
  • "Great work life balance is promised(in 65 reviews)

• "Great team, with great benefits(in 54 reviews)

• Cons
  • "depending on the team) work/life balance is poor(in 32 reviews)

• "Growing pains of a start up for some of the newer divisions/acquired companies(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Square

Jun 21, 2022 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work culture all round

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company with great people

Mar 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture with lovely people - Amazing benefits (e.g. unlimited holidays, 4 months fully paid paternity leave) - - very innovative - Flexibility to work fully remote, or go to an office - Company is growing fast, so lots of opportunities for progression

Cons

- Very high standards, the work is challenging, its not a place to coast along - Despite a lot of efforts being made, work life balance can still be challenging - Timezones can be challenging given teams are geographically dispersed all over the world

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to work for

Feb 21, 2022 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive Salary - High Degree of Internal Mobility

Cons

- Not as many opportunities in international markets - Targets consistently raised

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company!

Feb 23, 2022 - Customer Support Representative in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture & very competitive overall package

Cons

none that I kind think of

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work with

Jan 22, 2022 - Customer Success Advocate in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is a permanent option currently which is great as not all companies doing this. The team are all great and there isn’t any toxicity to communication or power dynamics which makes work so much easier! The salary and benefits are great and there is plenty of opportunities to progress in a variety of ways. Really happy here !

Cons

Some tools/processes have some quite obvious weaknesses and illogical or unnecessary time-consuming aspects which can definitely be improved. It’s can be a jump going from training to live but it really could be argued that the immersion gets you up to scratch very quickly.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's good but not perfect

Dec 9, 2021 - Customer Success Advocate in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent support from dedicated back office team to assist on complex calls. Training prepares you well too. VHI, Dental, pension, above average pay though not market leading. Loads of progression opportunities (though these have very little increase in pay) Can chose to WFH, hybrid or office full time forever. The calls are easier to handle than a lot of other call centers.

Cons

The atmosphere is changing in the team. Till recently it was a team of 6 soon it will be 20 with 2 team leads. The close atmosphere has been lost and rules are becoming more strict. No sick pay of any kind, 20 days PTO a year. They advertise as a benefit unlimited PTO but the contract says 20 which is below industry norm. You can ask for more days but you have to have a very good reason and get manager approval. So unlimited PTO benefit isn't really true. It's a call center job. They try to dress it up as more but that what it is. The calls are with businesses so they are normally professional to deal with but can have complex quires. Expectations are very high in terms of professionalism and passing QAs is hard. There's software telling you when you can take your lunch and breaks etc that must be followed. You can get in trouble for not taking breaks etc at the right time. The managers have also out sourced a lot of their work to tendered advocates so they don't provide any support for calls or take escalations. They also don't do QAs. For most part it works, but it feels like they are removed from us and working remotely you really only see your manager once in a 1:1 every 2 weeks. There's a dived in office. Everyone else in the company gets Macbooks but advocates get Chromebooks to save money. We also get a slimmed down starter park compared to someone else who joins sales or marketing. It just makes you feel like a second class employee. We're also on one floor pretty much on our own, while must of the other staff work upstairs and they rarely mix with us.

5 people found this review helpful

Block Response

Square

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We value your concerns and have passed them along to the appropriate parties. If you would like to provide more context, we encourage you to reach out to your manager and/or HRBP to further discuss these matters.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company that care about staff !!

Apr 16, 2021 - Customer Success Advocate in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I love Square values : people oriented, transparency - Good work life balance - Management is accessible and supportive - Great perks (health insurance, work from home compensation) - Good equipment to perform while working from home (computer, monitor,...) I started this job remotely and even if I've never met my team members, I feel a strong team spirit. I've never felt alone during my onboarding, people are always keen to help.

Cons

Recruitment process was a bit long but they have already improved this. We miss team events but that's only because of COVID restrictions. Otherwise not much to say here. Thanks for caring about us !

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great Experience Overall

Apr 15, 2021 - Customer Success Advocate in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for Diverse Candidate Orientated Encouraged to Develop

Cons

The only Con I can think of was that the interview/decision process was longer than average. However, having gone through the process and being successful, I can understand why the process is set this way. It allows Square to have a non biased decision making process.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Came back gladly after personal leave - Would recommend 10/10

Apr 15, 2021 - Learning and Development Specialist II in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of openness and communication, growth acceleration, personable and friendly, great place to start and/or grow your career!

Cons

I tried to think of some but honestly have none!

10. 5.0

Exciting time to join Square

Apr 15, 2021 - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purpose driven company driving economic empowerment for business owners Broad suite of innovative and beautifully designed Saas, App and Hardware products Very collaborative culture and truly cross-functional way of working

Cons

Joining during lockdown makes onboarding more difficult although every effort is made to make it a smooth transition

Viewing 1 - 10 of 974 Reviews

Block Reviews FAQs

Block has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,066 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Block to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Block employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Block. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

85% of Block employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Block 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Block to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Block Job Seekers