Best Version Media Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Nov 9, 2019

4.8
Best Version Media CEO Dave Durand
Dave Durand
Pros
  • "The employees at BVM are great people to work with(in 103 reviews)

• "Best Version Media offers great education to help you get started as a magazine publisher(in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay is 100% commission so without success BVM can be very tough(in 45 reviews)

• "People will think you are crazy for 'working for free' to launch a magazine(in 44 reviews)

1. "Best version of a job"

Current Employee - Associate Publisher

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time

Pros

The level of autonomy to run your OWN business with the support of Best Version Media is definitely a pro for a self starter who knows how to get the job done without a “boss”- but the support you will receive from others in the company is consistent and effective.

Cons

This job wouldn’t be right for someone who needs to punch a clock and be told what to do. You need a high level of conviction and a desire to help your community.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!

Best Version Media2019-11-09
  2. "Extremely Supportive and Welcoming Company"

Current Employee - Publisher in Clarkston, MI

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just started working with BVM, and already feel like part of the family. Every level of management is supportive and encouraging - every step of the way. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity with a better company!

Cons

I have no cons to share at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It works!

Best Version Media2019-11-09
  3. "Never have I been so excited for a new job!"

Current Employee - Publisher in Rockwall, TX

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is outstanding and highly guarded by the community of BVM. There is so much flexibility, as I have an evening job and plan to do this during the day. The potential for long term financial security is outstanding.

Cons

None that I can see

Best Version Media2019-10-30
  4. "An opportunity like no other! Not for the complacent or comfortable!"

Former Employee - Publisher

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely everything! Nothing in life comes easy and BVM provides you all the tools, training, support, and guidance like I've never seen before. Integrity is a huge part of their culture and they only spend time elevating peoples growth rather than putting them down. I can go on and on but it is a true blessing to be part of this company and culture. -great commission - flexible schedule (you put in what you... get) - great tools and resources to help you be successful. - great staff and management -unbelievable team

Cons

I cant think of any ....honestly.

Best Version Media2019-10-20

"Good job for people who don't need money and are looking to pass time"

Former Employee - Publisher in Minot, ND
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

High income earning potential, work your own hours, good culture.

Cons

No paycheck for 3-12 months with 'tiny' spiffs to meet goals along the way. You sell advertising spaces into a magazine and once you hit a certain quota you finally get a commission on a percentage of any advertising you sell above it. The issue is how long it takes you to get to the quota and they don't pay you in the meantime. So it's only feasible to do if you got enough money in the bank to handle such a... long time with no pay.

Advice to Management

If you believe in your product than pay your employees at the beginning of training so they don't go broke trying to sell your advertising. Do this and your company wouldn't have such a high turnover rate

Best Version Media2019-10-31

"Turnover ..but it's sales"

Former Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good leadership ..good chance to make good money...

Cons

Listen I've worked at cutco....N2 and best version... Fact is the product renewal is aweful ;once captive long-term contracts are over.Thats nobody's fault..just not a good model for the customer.Top neighborhoods with wealth don't look at magazines for their clients;it's silly actually to think a millionaire and his wife are gonna make decisions from a neighborhood magazine..Really think about it

Best Version Media2019-10-30
  7. "Genuine people and real culture"

Former Employee - Operation Salvo in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

The absolute best culture I have ever experienced. First class people throughout the organization. They keep their word.

Cons

They move too fast sometimes.

Advice to Management

Thank you for changing my personal culture.

Best Version Media2019-10-17

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Best Version Media part-time for less than a year

Pros

work at your own pace flexible hours

Cons

no french starter options no learning tools minimal information provided to get started

Advice to Management

when hiring in qc have french and english training, have french magazines for show to clients to help improve sales and possible contract

Best Version Media2019-10-29

"An Amazing Opportunity with Wonderful People"

Current Employee - Market Manager in Groton, CT

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

A positive culture of support, encouragement, and opportunity. Everyone supports one another, and is there for you in good times and bad. A regular 5 day work week.

Cons

While it might be the best sales job in the world, it's still sales. You need to put in the time and the work. You need to follow the system. Prospects will be rude and nasty. Not all, but some. You need to let it roll off your back. You get what you earn. That can be six figures if you earn it, but you must earn it. They'll teach you what you need, but you need to follow what they teach.

Best Version Media2019-09-16

"This is a great opportunity for well disciplined, dedicated achievers."

Current Employee - Publisher in Potomac, MD

I have been working at Best Version Media full-time for less than a year

Pros

BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment. It does require you to cover your own expenses to get started, but in addition to offering bonuses to cover some start up expenses, BVM lays out a clear blue print to become profitable in less than 60 days. I built my business to profitable status in the first 75 days and knowing what I know now, I realize I found have... done it in half that time if i had been more disciplined.

Cons

You have to push yourself to be successful. No one is going to give you quotas, or check your activity. if you are lazy, or not motivated, you will not do the things necessary to succeed. You are the boss, so you are responsible for all the success, or all the failure.

Advice to Management

Please make it a little harder for new publishers to get started. The fact that you give so many people the opportunity means some life long losers slip through the cracks and won't do the work. Then they complain that BVM was the problem. My business is growing at exactly the speed that matches my activity. If I want faster growth, I need to increase my activity. Underachievers will always blame everyone but... themselves. I wish I found this opportunity 10 years ago!

Best Version Media2019-08-27