Linedata Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Linedata Interview Questions

Interviews at Linedata

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Linedata (Newton, MA (US)).

Interview

Initially contacted by the recruiter via LinkedIn. Arranged a time to speak a few days later. Moved to face to face round, luckily they got me in that week. Waited a bit to speak with senior management, completely understandable with coordinating schedules. From initial contact to offer, about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with BAR type examples. Background, Action, Results   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Linedata (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

They called for face to face interview. Company is good but they are not clear in their process. They directly gave exam paper which includes almost 30 questions of sql and c# basic which may make you confuse because they are tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• true false
      assignment operators cannot be overload.   Answer Question
    • write a snippet for print odd numbers from o to 10   Answer Question
    • tricky questions on encapsulation abstraction interface and access specifiers like private access specifiers access in class and object creation of such classes.   Answer Question
    • write a query to get 10th height salary from table   Answer Question
    • swap two columns without using extra variable   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linedata (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

First step; Screen phone call to get to know the person - Second step; A second phone call to test your skills - Third step; In-person interview - On the "In-Person interview" the process was straightforward, if you're confident of yourself and have the skills about the position you would not have any trouble at the moment of the questioning.

Interview Questions

• I have asked many question regarding multiple technologies I manage such as
      How do you configure Palo Alto devices.
      How would you configure a Cisco Catalyst switch
      Have you done any network design?
      Do you know how to use routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF? among others?
      have you work with MPLS circuits, network virtualization etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Linedata (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by 8 stakeholders across product management, behavioral, and functional areas - recruiter served as a champion for the candidate - all interviewers treated the candidate respectfully - recruiter kept candidate posted of updates and managed expectations

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linedata (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and what you would expect from an interview. What was different than some of my other experiences it that it was very professional. There were no surprises like what I've experienced at some of the competitors. I've had companies not call back when they said they were going to. Or I interviewed with one firm and found out the interviewer went on unscheduled personal leave soon after our meeting.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current firm?   1 Answer

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linedata.

Interview

First had a phone screen with recruiter, then answered questions over email. Next, had in-person group interview with 4 other candidates, with 3 managers and 2 business analysts, all of whom were white women. Interview lasted 2.5 hours, over which they covered company info, asked us questions person by person, then gave us 10 mins to work on a mini project that ended with a short presentation. Ended with questions to ask them.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linedata (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

4 interviews, including recruiter, HR Business Partner, 2 managers
    Pleasant phone and face to face interviews
    Ask them many questions
    1 tchnical test
    Referrals check
    Overall impression of the company was good, so I took the job, really happy since then!

Interview Questions

• What do I like the most about my job?   1 Answer

Operational Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Linedata (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

This is a long review, but seriously worth the read if you are interviewing here...

I was contacted about this job opportunity via LinkedIn. Honestly, I tend to ignore most recruiters that reach out to me because they are a waste of time (seriously, I believe this now) but I took a good look at the job posting and I thought I would be a great fit for the role and since I am currently employed elsewhere I figured I had nothing to lose.

First step I had a phone interview with the same HR rep that had reached out to me on LinkedIn. She was nice enough and that went well so she had me come in for an in person interview in their Boston, MA office since the job was posted for that location and that's where I currently live (more on this later).

I did some research on Glassdoor before my in-person interview and found some things alarming but just figured, hey, lots of companies have mixed reviews and some of them are positive, how bad can it be? I arrived at the Linedata office and was greeted by a receptionist who let me know she had alerted the person who would be interviewing me that I had arrived so I took a seat to wait for her. There was a TV by the front desk playing an infomercial about air brush makeup which was odd. The woman I was meeting with arrived and she seemed a bit disheveled, and scolded the receptionist right in front of me for not alerting her that I had arrived. I was led into a conference room that was nice but the table was cluttered with IT equipment (kind of weird but I can look past that). Our interview was ok, pretty easy questions. I found it difficult to figure out the reporting structure as it seemed the hiring manager was actually based in Paris and was not the person I was meeting with. At the end of the interview she brought in an HR person who attempted to hard sell me on the company. She was very nice, but it felt a bit awkward and forced, why are you trying to sell me so hard? Because your bad reviews on Glassdoor? Clearly I am here, so I am interested in the job.

Next I had a phone interview with the hiring manager in Paris, he seemed nice enough but he did ask me how old I am and I alerted him it was illegal to ask that in the US. I figured it was just a cultural misunderstanding. But it didn't sit right with me.

Next, they wanted me to come in and meet with a bunch of people to get a better sense of the workplace. Everyone I met with was pretty nice, and seemed to enjoy working there. The interviews lasted a good 2 and a half hours. I don't know if I was delirious from sitting in a horrible conference room that had flickering fluorescent lights for 2 and a half hours or what it was but for some reason the more I learned about the company and the various employees the more I started looking past the all red flags I had noticed. I started to see the company as one that needed some help with marketing and I started to see myself as someone who could really help them out.

Next, they wanted to run my references, which they do via survey which was a bit odd but I got that done. I was really expecting an offer from them and I was getting excited to be able to get into this company and change the TV by the front desk, and help them get their stuff together. Then I got the call from the first HR recruiter who had originally found me on LinkedIn, "so sorry we didn't see this coming but this position is being based in New York now, we just heard this from the higher ups and there is no way you can do this job in Boston" I'm sorry but how do you not see this coming? Also, if the hiring manager is in Paris - why do you need this person to be in New York? Also, isn't New York close enough to Boston, someone could easily travel between the two? Now this job is still posted online as being based in Boston, and I am seriously curious if they were phishing me for my references contact info and what their real intentions were.

So here I am nearly a month after first sending over my resume, feeling dumbfounded. I think I learned an important lesson and that is to TRUST YOUR GUT and run far far away from this joke of a company.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with digital marketing?   Answer Question
    • Why are you currently looking for a new job? Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Linedata in September 2017.

Interview

Easy Apply through LinkedIn. I had a pleasant phone interview with a corporate HR representative who was easy to talk to and share my experiences with. She explained clearly what the hiring process stages were and was eager to expand on the benefits of the position and opportunities for advancement within the organization.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Linedata.

Interview

The interview process took some time, but the HR representative is great and really a nice person so go ahead and ask her any questions you might have. The wait was well worth it, the company and people in it are great!

Interview Questions

• How do you go about solving a problem? (they want problem solvers)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.