Fitch Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Fitch Ratings Interview Questions

Interviews at Fitch Ratings

1. Featured Interview

Cmbs Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Met with several employees and someone in HR. Pretty casual conversations, but did ask about my general know knowledge of CMBS and commercial mortgages. It was an entry level job so nothing too crazy. Also had to complete a writing sample at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on my knowledge of CMBS and commercial mortgages. It was an entry level job.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through my school career portal. Was contacted for a phone screen, than went for an in person interview. They got back to me pretty quick from both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic finance definitions,. I.E. whats a bond, credit rating, etc.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was then prompted to complete two short verbal and quantitative reasoning assessments. Was contacted by HR for an initial phone screen with primarily behavioral questions. Next round included one on one interviews with current analysts and a formal writing piece submission. Some technical questions regarding the credit rating process.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the credit rating process?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about analyzing a company's financial position?   Answer Question
    • What is the importance of credit ratings in the financial marketplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very straightforward interview process, mostly about behavioral skills rather than technical. Intro skills test online, phone interview, three hour interview with the team and writing exam. Process took a few months which was stressful. Never heard back which is why the negative review.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview with an HR rep in December; there were some finance related questions, but mostly related to my resume. In January, I was contacted to set up another interview and to send in a writing sample. I had a WebEx interview with three directors of the group I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Give us your elevator pitch (what are three things someone should know about you).   Answer Question
    • What are your writing skills like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

First HR person contacts you / asks you questions about resume. Second round has three parts: write about a company where they provide the information and questions, then meet with people in the department, and finally they test your Excel skills.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted by an HR rep within 2 weeks to setup a phone interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes. All questions asked were basic behavioral interview questions. The rep said she would contact me in a couple weeks to let me know the outcome.

Interview Questions

• All pretty basic behavioral questions: "Was there a project that you worked on that you felt particularly proud of.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

The HR just went through the resumes and asked some questions about the previous internship experience. Then you will be asked about the future plans and short-term goal. There is no behavioral questions and case analysis. The interview ended with your questions towards Fitch Ratings.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Applied online, received an email setting up a phone interview with HR a week later. Two weeks later did two phone interviews with associate directors. After another week went in for a full day of interviews and excel/writing assessments, then a phone interview with senior management later that week. Interviews were almost 100% behavioral and situational/scenario based questions, almost no technical questions. Received offer the week after and had to wait three weeks to start. From first interview to start date took 2+ months.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process took about 3 hours. The first hour was a timed writing exercise. You were given a description of a fictitious company and had to write a one-page opinion about the company using key facts. Next was a series of one-on-one interviews, about 30 minutes each. Slightly different angle to each interview but no unreasonable questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very nice. The questions were composed off half technicals and half behaviorals. Nothing too difficult though. The phone screen lasted for 30 minutes. The recruiter then laid out their entire hiring process at the end. Still waiting for result from the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is leverage and what is coverage means in Finance?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.