Axens Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Axens Interview Questions

Interviews at Axens

2.8

Process Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axens (Princeton, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the head of each department. Style was very informal and they asked mostly technical questions. Brushing up on basic engineering principles is a must. Since the interview process lasts most of the day, they took me out to lunch in between interviews. It is a small company so everyone pretty much knows each other. Overall everyone was very friendly and helpful leading to a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What is net positive suction head?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

1 HR and two with managers .including technical questions about the job . i have done the interviews all in one day on skype . an interesting company with multiculture background

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Axens (Paris (France)) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of three steps or rounds. Initially, an HR associate emailed me to schedule all three rounds to be conducted by Skype (as I was a candidate located outside France). First round/step was a Behavorial Test. This was followed by HR interview. The third round/step was interview by Hiring Manager. All the three rounds were scheduled simultaneously.

The behaviour test is an online assessment. It consists of 70 questions. This can be completed in 12 - 15 minutes depending on your reading speed. Please note that there is NO time limit for this evaluation. The online tool used by Axens is Performanse Echo. It is developed by a French company and you can read about this test online. It is always best to be honest in your evaluation, however, if you are desperate for a job change, you may consider 'fooling' the test. Make sure, you are well aware of the soft skills required for the job role. Keep those skills in mind, and provide yours answers based on those required skills. Read more about Performanse tools to get an idea how to crack the test.

After the test, unfortunately one of my clients fixed a meeting which clashed with the timings of HR Skype interview. I tried to get in touch with the HR to change my interview timing. To my surprise, I was 'ghosted'. I sent three emails and called up 5 times in two days but none of my communications were returned. To my disappointed, I had to reschedule my meeting the client so that I could take the interview with Axens.

Cometh the day, I was ready for the HR round. Interview was set at 12 'o' clock. I was well ready at 11.55. The time starting ticking... it became 12.00 then it became 12.05, then it became 12.10, then 12.15. I started getting furious but I was well under control. I was getting sure that I have been 'ghosted' by this company. The time went on and it became 12.30. I was a little frustrated with the way the HR team was handling my application. I called the HR on their landline to enquire what happened. Luckily, this time the HR picked my second call. I informed the HR that she was supposed to Skype me as per the mutually agreed schedule. To my horror the HR replied, "Oh I forgot about your interview. Give me 5 minutes, I will prepare and call you back".

When the HR called, I was thinking she would start by apologising or something along those lines. But there was no hint of apology in her tone. It is not that I feel I am entitled to an apology. But it is a reflection of how employees are treated in the company. And a reflection of how work is being carried out.

The round with the HR lasted for lesser than 15 minutes. Clearly the HR didn't have questions because she was not prepared. The questions asked were very basic. The HR was very friendly and 'cool'. But I was not in there for friendship, I was only interested in the job role and was seeking a professional relationship. Professionalism was seriously lacking on the HR's part.

My third round was with the Hiring Manager, again on Skype. The Hiring Manager was amazing. This person seemed like the one you would like to work with. The Hiring Manager was totally professional and handled everything like a mature person. Be careful in this round, because the hiring managers are trained to ask HR like questions. All the lost credibility in HR round, was compensated in this round. The Hiring Manager was top-notch and knew what info had to be extracted from the candidate. These are kind of employees you would want to see in a company like Axens.

The questions in both these rounds were very basic in nature. They were so basic that even a Graduate Engineer could answer the questions which were directed to a Senior Engineer. So this makes the Behaviour Assesment very important - a deal maker/breaker.

As the questions are simple and anyone can answer, it is the behaviour test which differentiates the winning candidate from the rest of the bunch.

Today is the 150th day anniversary of my interview without any notice of my rejection. So I decided to share my experience.

I followed up three times in three weeks with the HR, seeking a feedback of the interview. But I did not get a single response from them. During the interview, I was told by the HR that she would get back within 3-5 business days. Given my experience with her, I knew she was over-promising and she didn't have the capacity to provide the feedback in that time frame. Just a bluff.

However, I followed-up after one week. There was no response. I followed-up two more times in the following two weeks before calling it quits.

If Axens plans to hire 200+ candidates in 2020, they need to step-up their HR game. If a candidate has interviewed with them for two rounds, the candidate atleast deserves to know the result of the interview, let alone feedback and debrief.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axens (Paris (France)) in April 2019.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by a person from HR, then I got 3 interviews programmed, one with HR, one with the Senior Process Engg / Team Manager, and a third one with the Team manager.

The interview with the HR person is quite normal, just walk through the CV, typical questions and a presentation of the company values, business, and structure. Pay attention to this because will be required for the second interview!

In between, I got an invitation to fill a personality test on the internet and got the results almost immediately.

The second interview was with the Senior Process Engg / Team Manager. Initially, I was requested to provide a brief about what I was told related to the company in the interview with the HR person, provide a brief about the position for what I was applying for, walk through the CV, questions about design guidelines, to give the name of some of the technologies licensed by the company, typical question of how you see yourself in 5 years on that company and at the end a question about commissioning of an equipment. The interview finalized and was required to wait for the third interview.

Two days after the second interview (and one day before the third one) I got an email saying I haven't been successful in the process with no more explanation about it.

Principal Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axens in July 2018.

Interview

interview by Skype for 60 minutes. Interviewed with resourcing team.
    very friendly and stressless process. Overall was very friendly and helpful leading to a positive experience.
    required to follow up after the interview.

Interview Questions

• what is your experience?
      What is your salary required?
      How learn about the company?   Answer Question

Proposal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Axens in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got shortlisted for HR interview. Interview done at the headquarters. Preety nuch based on resume and a psychometric test done online. They take psychometric tests results more seriously than your resume and your passion.
    After the interview, no response from HR. I understood not selected by default. Then I receive a mail from HR that I didn’t go through as I did not have the competencies! Now I question myself why did they shortlist me then! No answer from them yet! I did not get reimbursed for the travel to Paris for interview! Waste of time for all!

Interview Questions

• Describe 2 projects where you enjoyed the most as a proposal engineer and why?   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Axens in May 2017.

Interview

3 Skype interviews, 1 with HR, and 2 with technical managers. Very friendly, walked through CV, and discussed ambitions and familiarity with the company. Each of the interviews takes about 1 hour.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Axens (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in March 2015.

Interview

4 Round of Skype interviews, Started with the France CFO and then HR manager and then followed by a personality assessment test and an onther interview with the Financial Manager in their US office

Interview Questions

• Normal Questions about Costing and Financial issues   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.