What does a Full Stack Engineer do?
Full-stack engineers are senior-level computer programmers with proficiency in front and back-end systems coding and project management experience with systems administration skills. They design user interactions on websites and develop servers and databases for website functionality and write code for mobile platforms. Full-stack engineers create servers and databases for functionality and ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones. They ensure applications are responsive and strive to meet both technical and consumer needs.
- Develop and maintain new API endpoints and front-end features.
- Document the design, development setup, and troubleshooting steps for a service.
- Produce high quality complex deliverables with minimal input and supervision
- Participate in reviewing design and code for other team members.
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Write review and maintain code.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality full stack code (React, Golang).
- Own both the client-side and mid-tier oSaaS products.
- Define and constantly improve the web architecture for our products.
- Develop and iterate on a full software stack.
- Perform code reviews for team deliverables to ensure code follows documented standards and best practices.
- Communicate and interact with product managers and end users.
- Help evolve systems architecture to consistently improve development efficiency.
- Work with the QA Team to develop testing protocols to identify and correct challenges.
- Mentor other developers on best practices, peer program, and code review.
- Work with a small team on cutting-edge research and development projects.
- Work with product owners and end-users to clarify specifications and get feedback.
- Prepare unit test cases and validate the results for accuracy.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure system coherence and scalability.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer engineering, computer science, engineering or information technology or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in full stack development.
- Experience with applicable software, systems, and processes including JAVA, HTML, CSS, and ReACT.
- Experience with object oriented programming and UI Design.
Full Stack Engineer Salaries
Average Base Pay
Full Stack Engineer Career Path
Learn how to become a Full Stack Engineer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Full Stack Engineer Insights
“Good working culture and client I worked with was really a good and I learnt many things from them.”
“I would highly recommend others to apply and work in this awesome and fun workplace.”
“They provide good and practical courses to start understanding better how to code as a professional developer.”
“I am enjoying working with the company.Really great Experience with them .Founder of company was also good”
“Pretty challenging to "climb" and be noticed if you're just starting your career.”
“Previous teammate and I had very similar resume and our pay gap was 20k plus.”
“You are encouraged to take certification and work on POCs which is a great way to learn.”
“I am really thankful to BigStep for giving me great learning opportunities and helping me with each and every aspect.”
Full Stack Engineer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of full stack engineers
The typical day of a full stack engineer focuses on designing the code for both front end and back end development for websites or applications. Also, the full stack engineer designs the communication protocols that exist between the two, so the front end properly retrieves information from the databases utilized by the back end.
Full stack engineering is a great job for developers with a well-rounded skill set who enjoy both the front end and back end of application design. The best part about becoming a full stack engineer is that it utilizes your creative side with front end design and your analytical side with the back end design.
The average pay for full stack engineers is over €53,386 a year. Python engineers often command some of the highest salaries. Pay also increases with seniority and experience. Full stack engineers must be fluent in many programming and development languages. The more languages you know, the higher your salary is likely to be.
Working as a full stack engineer requires a great deal of versatility. The hardest part of being a full stack engineer is mastering a wide range of tasks rather than specializing in a single aspect of website or application development.