At Mark Anthony, we are driven by an unwavering dedication to taste and innovation. We have a history of crafting new to world brands of distinction that have disrupted traditional beverage categories and completely transformed the global beverage industry. We’re on an outstanding adventure. We’re going where others aren’t, and we’re growing like others can’t as a result. And we want YOU to help write the next chapters with us.
The Demand Planning Manager is accountable for the efficient and effective execution of the Demand Planning process at Mark Anthony across all brands and product types under MABIUC direct scope, across both Spirits & RTD categories. This pivotal role is expected to provide an effective link between commercial and operational functions such that the needs of Mark Anthony International customers are consistently met to meet and exceed market expansion and portfolio growth objectives. The Demand Planning Manager has a critical role in the S&OP process to drive forecast accuracy, product availability, new product launches and efficient COGS management.
Sales & Operations Planning
- Ensure robust demand planning process is executed monthly
- Ensure integrity of consensus meetings and the inclusion of all volume drivers in consensus forecast (eg. consumption, stock in trade, promotional lifts, delists / new listings, price changes etc.)
- Facilitate an effective and efficient consensus meeting so that an unconstrained forecast is agreed within the commercial function for multiple time horizons
- Lead an exception based Demand Review which clearly identifies potential issues that may compromise the delivery of the consensus forecast
- Work with the Supply Organization and commercial functions to develop mitigation plans where required for discussion as part of the Executive S&OP review
- Facilitate the monthly Demand S&OP review (0-18months) ensuring the capture and timely follow up of any action points identified
- Champion the cross functional education, ensuring a consistently high level of understanding within Mark Anthony of the importance of integrated sales and operations planning.
- Responsible for maintaining a robust forecast encompassing projected demand for the various categories that make up Mark Anthony’s product portfolio over a rolling 18 month period
- Issue KPI performance reporting on a monthly basis
- Responsible for the preparation, consolidation and summary reports supporting the S&OP meetings
- Support the annual budgeting process and LE reporting exercises as required
Corporate Strategy & Leadership
- People management responsibility for 1 Demand Planning Analyst to whom mentoring and coaching is to be provided.
- Represent the commercial organization working in conjunction with representatives of the supply chain team to resolve stock outs, obsolescence, planned discontinuations and new product introductions to ensure a minimum of business disruption to Mark Anthony and customers.
- Support Innovation business planning through the consolidation of volume estimates and projections for supporting business cases.
- Provide day to day management and guidance to Demand Planning Analyst
- Represent the Demand Planning function in any relevant system implementation and/or upgrade projects
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive demand planning managerial experience, preferably in beer/wine/spirits industry or CPG industry
- Proven understanding of forecasting business processes, forecasting systems and statistical analysis
- Strong Analytical Skills (Excel capabilities required, Qlikview & Power BI an asset)
- Experience across key supply chain areas impacting the demand planning function
- Demonstrated track record of collaborating cross-functionally
- Prior experience with fast-paced and entrepreneurial cultures as well as making decisions in ambiguous situations
- Experience in the beverage alcohol and / or beverage industry preferred
- CSCMP or CSCP certification preferred
- Highly analytical – analyzes data and utilizes facts effectively for presentation to stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, able to successfully manage multiple accountabilities simultaneously
- Strong written/oral communications, excellent presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within and across multiple functional teams
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Business or related from a recognized institution
Technical Certifications & Associations:
- Highly proficient in MS Office and Excel
- Relevant quality and planning systems (e.g., o9, QAD)
- Strong Analytical Skills (Access & Excel capabilities required)
- Familiarity with Cognos or similar business intelligence tools an asset
We are growing a lasting legacy in the beverage alcohol industry, with people first. Apply now!
We thank all candidates for their interest in MABIUC and we will reach out to those candidates that are under consideration. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact your recruiter.
At Mark Anthony, we live by our 5 Core Values every day:
Our business moves fast and so do we. We understand the power of now. We have relentless drive and believe if it can be done, we’re the ones who will do it first.
We need to stay real because our brands, our stories and our culture must remain genuine to thrive. When we have the best intentions for all, we create space to be our whole selves and do great things together.
Our lives are complicated enough. So why use 50 words when you can use 5?We thrive in ambiguity and change, but we also know how to translate our goals into simple explanations and actions.
Egos distract us. When we’re humble, we’re open to listen, take feedback and change direction quickly. We’re here for each other, and together we do great things.
We respect and rely on each other. Trust is the backbone of our relationships, and we work hard not to break it. This level of trust allows us to be all-in and take comfort in the support of our teams.