phs Group Employee Reviews about "sick pay"

Updated 4 Aug 2020

3.8
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
Pros
  • "You get to work with great people with a strong team ethos led by an experienced leadership team(in 10 reviews)

• "Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Head office location means lower wages than in city location(in 6 reviews)

• "Numerous changes in Senior Management has lead to a disastrous growth plan(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "sick pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Warrington, North West England, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Compliance is fast paced and can be challenging but it is highly rewarding. You get to work with great people with a strong team ethos led by an experienced leadership team. Lots of development opportunities for the right people - clear business direction, supportive leadership, vibrant atmosphere, market leaders.

Cons

None - approaching a ten+ year work anniversary and very proud to be a part of the Compliance and wider Phs group.

People Team

Thanks for your review. We’re really pleased you enjoy working for us, and we appreciate you taking the time to post a review

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic working environment, great people, free canteen (although closed at present) competitive salary and above all, they really care about their employees. It's like being part of a big family. CEO is approachable and highly respected by all.

Cons

Honestly, no negatives spring to mind.

Thank you!

"Awful company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Free tea and coffee and that’s about it

Cons

Treat employees really badly, senior management we’re inept and out of their depth.

People Team

We’re sorry that you feel we don’t look after our people. We are proud of the fact that many of our employees have worked for us for a long time, but we recognise that we can always improve, and we.re working hard to create a good place to work. We believe we have a strong an effective management team .

"Not good"

1.0
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Warrington, South East England, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None that are apparent to me

Cons

RE: PHS Compliance. This company is on a downward spiral. Numerous changes in Senior Management has lead to a disastrous growth plan. With each Manager/MD making changes that have resulted in job losses, low moral and a general destruction of the companies potential. This company has now been bought out by a larger company and as is common in these cases, the new regime has installed their preferred management team with limited knowledge of the structure, staff and nature of the business.

People Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our Compliance business has been through significant change but is performing well with a strong team. We recognise that our people are our most important asset, and that we can always improve, but we respect and value all our employees

"Review."

2.0
    Current Employee - Telephone Account Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely people, great atmosphere.

Cons

Management tend to leave you to it a lot of the time. You find that your team support you more than the managers.

People Team

Hi, thanks for the review. I agree that the people at phs are lovely. That's what makes our culture and atmosphere so amazing. Sorry to hear that you dont feel supported by your manager, this is something I will follow up and cascade to the senior management team. Stay safe.

6. "Positive Sales Culture + Great Learning and Development"

Current Employee - New Business Consultant in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time

Pros

- encouraging leaders, frequent interaction from CEO down to line-managers - consistent incentives, financial rewards and out of work activities - flexible work arrangements (within reason, e.g childcare, doctors apts.) - strong L&D, training updates and products knowledge frequently refreshed

Cons

- low turnover of staff, hampering opportunities to progress - inconsistency with data - admin can be time consuming and detract from sales

People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a 5 star review. Yes our CEO does communicate with all level at phs Group and specialist divisions to ensure everyone keeps up to date with new initiatives. That's whats makes us an amazing company to work for. Our L&D team are always working very hard to ensure we have the right training needs in the right place at the right time to enhance phs group. Thanks again for the review. Stay safe.

7. "Joined up sales team"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get rewarded from doing a good job. Achievable bonus structure.

Cons

We still have major service issues. We are being told it’s better but our customers are saying otherwise. It doesn’t help account managers at all. Seems like the ceo has a favourite and fails to see it.

People Team

Thank you for the 5 star review. I agree we do reward our well for a job well done. The operations team have been working extremely hard this year to deliver for our customers. Good news its working our customers think our service is great. We are now achieving more visits than ever.

8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Field Sales in Tamworth, England

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent earning potential Great environment to work in Excellent RSM for the midlands

Cons

Some service problems making it difficult to up sell to certain customers

People Team

Hey, thanks for the great review. Our account manager do have a great opportunity to earn some seriously good money. Great hear that you have an excellent RSM in the midlands. We are making great progress with our service centre and have had a record breaking year of delivering great service.

"Working for PHS Compliance"

2.0
    Former Employee - Fixed Wire Testing Engineer in London, England

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working hours are flexible, good bonus and lot of weekend work available

Cons

Lot of travelling, Planning issues

People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We are working on reducing the travel for our compliance business. We are doing this to support our people and help reduce our emission output as a business. I will pass this on to the senior management team.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Head Office Employee in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great People Great Managers Great Environment Great Opportunities

Cons

Very busy with lots of responsibility but in a good way! Employee Benefits are not the best but this is currently being worked on.

People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a 5 star review. I agree we have great people working at phs. I will pass your information regarding the benefits to the senior leadership team. We are always reviewing our benefits to be competitive. Thanks again.

Found 167 reviews