next Employee Reviews about "minimum wage"

Updated 4 Jul 2020

3.5
next CEO Simon Wolfson
Simon Wolfson
Pros
Cons
  • "Christmas period is long hours and disruptive(in 96 reviews)

• "Only national minimum wage paid for high intensity customer service(in 63 reviews)

Reviews about "minimum wage"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great part time job while at college"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at next part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great part time job while at college as you get a small contract so you always know what days you are working, can take/offer shifts on portal, 25% discount

Cons

Minimum wage, pay freeze currently, sales are full on

Continue reading
  2. "Serious disconnect between Head Office and Retail Stores"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at next part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work more hours than your contract

Cons

More responsibility given and higher work standard expected while still being paid minimum wage

3. "Team was family"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swords
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at next full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management go out of their way to help you. Great place to work if you're a student or someone with very little experience as you gain so much transferable skills, Uniform Allowance, Staff discount and Bonus were all a plus

Cons

Short breaks 30 minutes for 8 hour shift which is often split into x2 15minute breaks Minimum wage Although I was full time it's unfair on temporary staff employed for the sale and promised x amount of hours and only being in for one day which is the sale hardly worth their while putting that on their cv

4. "Only apply if experience in retail is needed!"

2.0
    Current Contractor - Next Sales Consultant in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at next for more than a year

Pros

- Most employees are friendly and easy-going. Management varies per person. - Staff discount at 25% which applies to extended family (or friends if you're careful) and includes 75% off uniform. - Flexible hours, which are useful if you're working a second job or have college/university requirements. - Easy pay for mundane work. - Good work for peak times during the year. Suggest you come and go as quick as you can and move on to a better work environment!

Cons

- Negative attitude in workplace. Most employees including floor managers have disdain for the place - Low pay. Paid minimum wage for 2 years and then bumped up if you've managed to stay for that long. - Management tends to treat staff very poorly. Punished for minor mistakes or "offences" i.e: 2 minutes late back from break, not constantly smiling and approaching customers etc.. - High expectations and standards considering what the work entails. - Sanctions for minor offences. Brought down to the office and given a "courtroom" style talking down for trivial matters.

5. "Christmas temp"

Former Employee - Sales Team

I worked at next part-time

Pros

The team is fun and everyone is nice

Cons

Just above minimum wage and at my store only one Christmas temp was offered a full time position

July 8, 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review! So glad to hear you have had a positive experience working in-store with us and the team! We are always happy and proud to hear about this experience. We're really sorry to hear about the following. Regarding temporary store staff, we recruit for seasonal roles during our most peak seasons. These roles are also a great opportunity for anyone looking for additional experience to add to your CV. We'd encourage Seasonal Roles staff to reapply through our careers website to any full-time or part time roles and if you are looking for the next step in your career, speak to your Management team during your time with us in store.

6. "Loved working here"

Former Employee - Delivery Coordinator

I worked at next part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Enjoyed the work and very friendly staff

Cons

Minimum wage and hours change every week

June 11, 2020

Hi there, thanks for the review! We're so glad to hear you are enjoying the role and having a pleasant working experience. We do regular salary reviews but would recommend discussing any concerns with hours with your line manager.

7. "Average company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Exeter, England

I worked at next part-time for less than a year

Pros

Overtime Cheap clothes Early access to sales

Cons

Minimum wage Pressure to work sales Limited progression

May 21, 2020

Hi, thanks so much for leaving us a review of your experience. It's great to see you enjoyed the ability to work over time within the store. We'd like to note that we ensure we are following the government guides on pay. We do advise if for the future, to discuss with your line manager too.

8. "Great freindly place to work!"

Former Contractor - Retail Sales Associate in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I worked at next for less than a year

Pros

Really great people and management

Cons

Only national minimum wage paid for high intensity customer service

9. "Average"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at next part-time

Pros

Weekly pay, friendly atmosphere, shift availability.

Cons

Minimum wage, low bonus pay.

10. "Next"

5.0

I have been working at next part-time

Pros

Good work area, nice people.

Cons

Minimum wage but you are told that.

February 12, 2020Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your positive review and that you are enjoy coming to work and get on with your colleagues. With regards to salary we promote career progression throughout Next.

Found 63 reviews