Cover image for hireful

95% Recommend to a Friend
95% Approve of CEO

Found 46 of over 48 reviews

4.5
hireful Co- Founder Adrian McDonagh (no image)
Adrian McDonagh
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

12 Oct 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Strixton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely people, good variety of work, nice offices

Cons

It was hard to progress due to size of company

Chief Ideas Officer

Hey, Thanks for the great review. Pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here. Disappointed to hear that we could not offer you the career progression you needed. We are a small but fast growing company. The average tenure is over 5 years so most people get to grow and move up into new roles, but I also accept that is not always possible. Good luck with your new role. Thanks, Adrian co-founder

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

8 Jun 2022 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, excellent team to work with, visibility across all sides of the business so you feel that your voice is heard, great product to sell and we get to work with some great clients. Lots of support from management, especially in relation to career development.

Cons

Location requires you to be able to drive as not accessible by public transport. Also although there is a fairly equal gender split, there isn't a huge amount of diversity within the company. I think this could mostly come down to location but it would be good to see what the company is doing to close the diversity gap.

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the great review. Everyone works hard to add to the culture here at hireful, so it's great to see that having a positive impact. Also great to hear your positive words about career development. We have a great office but yes unfortunately it is a little "rural". Your comments on diversity are fair. We have done some work on this area already but this has mostly focused around training staff to ensure we recruit in a fair and inclusive way. However, we recognise that we need to be doing more to attract a more diverse range of applicants and we are putting in some new initiatives starting from Jan 2023. We need to do better and we will do better in this area. Thanks Adrian co-founder

3. Join the hireful team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

22 Feb 2022 - Partner Account Executive in Strixton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance. Lovely welcome to company, everyone so approachable no matter job/title. Constantly learning on job so never get bored. Friendly and fun place to work.

Cons

I don't have any cons for hireful as a company.

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the great response. The partner team is really doing well so pleased to hear you are enjoying life at hireful.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

hireful really value their staff

25 Jan 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

very good at recognising employees for good work a really lovely culture and team, everyone get's on very well. lot's of great social events management are all approachable, and very stuck in with the rest of the team pool table

Cons

No real cons except the location can be difficult to get to if you don't drive, although the area is beautiful!

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the nice review. We are a little remote in the UK but we also have setup a new office in Madrid?! Seriously though, loved reading the review, thanks for posting!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I'm proud to work for hireful

26 Jan 2022 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

They listen to their employees and take everyone's opinion in to account. There is no hierarchy, everyone is important.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one.

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the review. Pleased to hear that you feel valued. We are only 60 staff big but growing, but we plan to keep listening to our staff to make sure we are moving in the right direction.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Very good

25 Jan 2022 - Digital Marketing Apprentice in Wellingborough, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company values, helpful and kind employees. Great community to work in

Cons

There is a Small kitchen

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for your review. Glad to see you are settling in well to life at hireful. We have a good track record of hiring people at the start of their career and helping them to grow. As for the small kitchen, I cannot disagree, but we have got some plans for some office updates so watch this space...

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Still my favourite role to date

3 Aug 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, everyone is so friendly and accessible (including senior management) I have met some of my best friends here. Nice offices in a quiet location. Great managers who are willing to hear and try your ideas and really do want the best for you.

Cons

Salaries are quiet below industry average, so much so that even though I took a step down in responsibilities, it still came with a significant pay increase compared with hireful's salary. Whilst the rural location is lovely to work in, it would be very tricky to commute to if you relied on public transport.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Ideas Officer

Hey! Thanks for the positive review. Great to hear you enjoyed your time here and met some great friends. We've worked hard to build a great culture so it's great to hear feedback like this. We will also take on board your points about salary. This is not always easy to get right but we have a great team here and do our best to ensure that they are rewarded for the great work they do. Good luck in your new role.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great company to work for

15 Jul 2021 - Recruitment
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and friendly atmosphere Supportive managers

Cons

Career progression is limited Salary and benefits could be improved

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the review. Pleased to see you are enjoying working here. We have worked hard to ensure we have a great team and a great culture. It's been a challenging 18 months what with COVID/lockdown but we think our staff and managers have done a great job under difficult circumstances. I take on board your points about career progression and salary. We are a growing company who work hard to ensure this is a place where people can grow both in terms of their development and earnings. Our average length of tenure is almost 6 years. That said, we want to make sure everyone has a clear plan for how they can develop here so make sure you raise this with your manager. Thanks once again! Adrian McDonagh co-founder

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

23 Jun 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great services and values- great place to work

Cons

No problems at all, very helpful team

Chief Ideas Officer

Hey thanks for the 5 star review! Short and sweet, but it appears you are getting on great here. If you do think of any improvements we can make do let us know as we are always keen to hear how we can improve. Good luck, Adrian McDonagh co-founder

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Proud of hireful

11 May 2021 - Director in Northampton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think hireful is a great place to work. In the most recent employee survery 97% of staff said they are proud to work at hireful. The values can be seen throughout the business - Helpful, fun, honest, knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Some roles do not have a clearly defined career path but as the business grows this provides more options.

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. This year's survey results were a pleasant surprise it has been a challenging year with remote working/COVID. We'll take on board your point about career development. This is always a challenge for smaller companies like ourselves, but most roles have really strong career development prospects (3/4 of our management team were internally promoted into their role).

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 Reviews
</>Embed

hireful Reviews FAQs

hireful has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 48 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at hireful to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, hireful employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at hireful. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

95% of hireful employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated hireful 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with hireful Job Seekers